Flight ticket for 18 month old?

If you plan on taking a carseat on the plane make sure to check the seat dimensions before you head to the airport. Carseats have been getting bigger and plane seats aren't too wide to begin with.

I have read through the "Flying with kids" section on the JetBlue website and from my understanding kids can use the normal airline safety belt as long as they are able to sit up.

We are travelling down with our 19 month old grandson, I have purchased a seat for him, but as we are staying on property I was not planning on bringing a car seat. The website would suggest I dont have to. Is that correct

I understand the safety concerns, but was more interested in the rules.

Thanks

No you don't have to. I would look at a cares harness though (you can rent them for under $20 on eBay). It turns the regular seat belt into a three point harness and is far approved for all parts of the flight

There are several places to rent them. I'm planning to get one for my two year old when we fly in the fall. It's pretty inexpensive for an extra layer of protection.

if you dont buy him a ticket get first class seats they are larger sets and more leg room our 11 month played on the floor in front of our set for part of the flight and sat on our lap for the other part watching frozen on the ipad

if you dont buy him a ticket get first class seats they are larger sets and more leg room our 11 month played on the floor in front of our set for part of the flight and sat on our lap for the other part watching frozen on the ipad

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

I would imagine that buying first class tickets for the rest of the party would cost more than simply paying for a ticket for the toddler. And the advice to have the child sit on the floor of the plane seems like it wouldn't be something that the flight attendants would allow.

On our recent trip with our 18 month old, we ended up having enough points in the end so we got him one. Our flights are cross-country, though, so that was one of the biggest factors we considered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter