Flight pricing out of Hartford or Westchester

DANAW

Mouseketeer
Wow! We go to Orlando every year in the fall. Each year we end up paying more and more to fly there, but this year, pricing has been crazy since I started checking a few weeks ago. Today, the least expensive round trip is around $500 between JetBlue and Southwest (I'm kind of afraid to fly Spirit as I get claustrophobic and dont like the idea of a smaller plane!). Has anyone found lesser pricing out of either of these two airports..I have checked Newburgh as well, but they only have one non stop per day, and coming home alone is $385!

Wow! We go to Orlando every year in the fall. Each year we end up paying more and more to fly there, but this year, pricing has been crazy since I started checking a few weeks ago. Today, the least expensive round trip is around $500 between JetBlue and Southwest (I'm kind of afraid to fly Spirit as I get claustrophobic and dont like the idea of a smaller plane!). Has anyone found lesser pricing out of either of these two airports..I have checked Newburgh as well, but they only have one non stop per day, and coming home alone is $385!
When in the fall? different weeks can have significant differences in price.

We are going early November, which is the normal time of year we go. Im pretty familiar with pricing that time of year but this is crazy!

Are you bumping up against Jersey week. We are in NJ and sometimes fly out of Westchester. Its closer than NYC airport.

In the same boat. I have NEVER paid more than $200 RT nonstop Bradley to MCO, EVER. This year taking the extended family (7 plus a lap infant) 11/11 to 11/18. Flight down is fine @ $101 each but the return is $307???? I thought I had plenty of points to get everyone down & back but not at that price. I finally caved & booked Jet Blue @ $173 each. OUCH!!!

I booked 10/30-11/5 months ago.....paid about $200 r/t out of Worc. I need to start looking at Bradley since it's about the same distance from me as TF Green.

I booked BDL to MCO 10/28-11/6 on SW on opening day for each leg. I ended up paying $272 round trip which includes EBCI for both ways. Without it my fare would have been $242 round trip.

I also just booked BDL to MCO on opening day of 4/4/18 and paid $134…I will book our return on 8/28 when they are released.

I actually think these are pretty decent prices and have been happy with the times as well. Jet Blue is ALWAYS more expensive for my flights and I just recently checked Spirit for next April and when you add in bag fees, my same flight on 4/4/18 was $147 with just one bag and one carry-on.

I'll stick with SW opening day since it seems to work best for me :-)

We are doing the same thing, decided on a last minute October trip but plane fare is a deal breaker. If it doesn't come down we will have to cancel.

I'm having the same issue for my late December trip. Always fly JetBlue out of Bradley, and the price for that time of year is more than double what I'm used to paying. I thought it might've been an issue specific to the holiday season, but just last week I looked into an impromptu fall trip, and the prices were still way over what I usually pay. I've been monitoring day by day, hoping they'll go down, but they haven't yet. I've looked into Westchester and Worcester too, but both are just as cost prohibitive. In all cases, the return trip from MCO is what seems to be causing the biggest portion of the price increase.

I'm having the same issue for my late December trip. Always fly JetBlue out of Bradley, and the price for that time of year is more than double what I'm used to paying. I thought it might've been an issue specific to the holiday season, but just last week I looked into an impromptu fall trip, and the prices were still way over what I usually pay. I've been monitoring day by day, hoping they'll go down, but they haven't yet. I've looked into Westchester and Worcester too, but both are just as cost prohibitive. In all cases, the return trip from MCO is what seems to be causing the biggest portion of the price increase.
and I am having the same issues out of BDL for April, and we have flown this same time of year for each trip for a lonnnnnnng time. I know its APril school vaca but on release day we have always got great rates leaving on the Friday. we were used to paying max 1300 for 4 of us, we are now flying only 3 of us and its almost 1800, same time of year same airports.

Sounds like you are traveling around the holiday season and I'm bumping up against the same problem. My travel want is 12/22-1/2 and the best I can currently find on JetBlue is about $650.00 r/t non stop LGA-MCO. Tried to get "crafty" by ....taking NJ Transit/Path to Philly or NWK; Amtrak to Baltimore/DC and pick up a flight from there but still what seems to be higher than normal pricing with the addition of .losing time.

I can't see any reason for the flight cost to go down so I'll just suck it in and pay it out. Sigh.

Did you try Stewart? Any reason you need to avoid JFK? I have found the best prices out of there. Westchester always has the most expensive flights i find.

Thanks for the advise on Stewart...we have checked there too...over $300 on the way home! We just dont want the hassle of JFK traffic

One more possibility on booking flights in general.
M, W, and Sat are historically the least expensive days to fly. I was able to include one of those days in my travel plan but not the other unless DGD cut a day from school which is anathema to me. Everyone has their priorities and that's mine so I didn't even suggest it to her parents.
Also keep in mind that this year Christmas and NY's Day fall on a Monday which will make the first Tuesday in 2018 busier than normal (thus prices are up) and same for the F and possibly the H before Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter