Flight prices

Vixster

DIS Veteran
We are going next oct and flights are £660 direct with british airways what do you think is that good of expensive?

They look a little high to me given the time of year, but then again maybe not. I would have expected June/July to be more expensive than October and booked flights from London to MCO for £575 for June-July '14. The are essentially direct flights only ours include a connection from Scotland to London.

IMO it looks a bit high and I think you can do better

ETA: Are you able to adjust your dates by one or two days either side? By changing mine slightly (I didn't have much scope to play with) I saved a fair bit

I agree, I would aim for £600. But being flexible really helps.

Our flight window showed prices of £2,400 PE this morning which was £3,600 this afternoon so prices fluctuate wildly lol! But it's cheaper for us to come back a day later, so, VERY RELUCTANTLY we MAY HAVE to extend our trip by a day ;)

I agree, I would aim for £600. But being flexible really helps.

Our flight window showed prices of £2,400 PE this morning which was £3,600 this afternoon so prices fluctuate wildly lol! But it's cheaper for us to come back a day later, so, VERY RELUCTANTLY we HAD to extend our trip by a day ;)

Thats a real shame :)

But it's cheaper for us to come back a day later, so, VERY RELUCTANTLY we MAY HAVE to extend our trip by a day ;)

Lucky you! Only one day? We had to add 3 and extend our park tickets too .... such a rough life :lmao:

After the add -ons we were pretty much a break even from the original more expensive flight dates but if it was going to cost us that anyway and staying longer where we are going to be fed and entertained for nothing (vs having to find something to do and make food at home for 3 extra days ........ ;) )

OP, are you absolutely set on direct flights? Not all indirect are equal and while some may have long layovers or be not such great times, others are not much different to a direct flight.

Lucky you! Only one day? We had to add 3 and extend our park tickets too .... such a rough life.

We already have 14 day tickets for our 8 (maybe 9 ;) ) day trip so I wouldn't object to an extra three days!!

Maybe I should just stretch to 14 and have done with it :rotfl2:

flortlebap said:
It is. DH rang Virgin who said the price hike was due to the flight being almost full.

Bearing in mind it was only released today and it's a 747 I'm rather sceptical!!

I wouldn't believe that either.There are more seats on the Orlando route than ever before.Ive rung VA twice now about prices for our end of august dates, the first person said our quote of £4900 for for adults would only go up as they always start with the cheapest flight code, and the other person last week said call back in a few weeks as he fully expected the prices to drop!

I wouldn't believe that either.There are more seats on the Orlando route than ever before.Ive rung VA twice now about prices for our end of august dates, the first person said our quote of £4900 for for adults would only go up as they always start with the cheapest flight code, and the other person last week said call back in a few weeks as he fully expected the prices to drop!

On that note - flight prices have dropped back to 2,400 this morning from 3,600. Flight full my backside, lol!

I do think its unprofessional to outright lie to people to get them to pay more, but hey ho...

flortlebap said:
On that note - flight prices have dropped back to 2,400 this morning from 3,600. Flight full my backside, lol!

I do think its unprofessional to outright lie to people to get them to pay more, but hey ho...

Forget unprofessional, it's actually illegal (if you ask me...)

18. Passing on materially inaccurate information on market conditions or on the possibility of finding the product with the intention of inducing the consumer to acquire the product at conditions less favourable than normal market conditions.

At the end of the day I dare say they are x number of seats at whatever price, they may just be changing the order in which they sell them to take advantage of those who book asap regardless, bit it's the agent who is probably concerned solely with getting your booking and a commission

I've had the flight full line trotted out too. I don't know if its agents being deliberately dishonest or it's just an assumption they make if prices are high. Either way, I don't believe it for a minute ;)

I think the fluctuating prices when flights are first released are partially to do with TA putting a hold on seats. Also you can pay VA directly to hold a price now too.

The seats held show in the system as sold hence the price rise. Once the holds are released the seats become available again and prices go back down.

I remember a Watchdog program a few months ago challenging the way flights are sold.Basically the airlines came up with some complicated reason(probably on purpose to put us off even trying to work it out) why flight prices fluctuate so much:confused3 The humble consumers voice doesn't pack enough punch to make the airlines want to make it simpler for us.It feels like Flight Code Russian Roulette :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter