Flight prices question

Lizzy Lemon

DIS Veteran
I've been watching carefully VA's pricing for next July/Aug (like a lot of others, I know!!!!) we won't be able to book till near Christmas due to DH's boss dragging his heels on issuing annual leave, but out of curiosity and frustration notice how the prices alter almost daily. For the four of us its been going like this:-

£3213.20 in early Sept
£3212.40 few days later
£3349.20 mid Sept
£3209.20 on Friday
£3349.20 today

The classes have varied between Q & Q and M & Q so I guess that's where the difference is. Q&Q was available beginning of Sept then it went to M&Q then on Friday it was Q&Q again and today M&Q! I'm confused. They are all economy seats, if you are in the same class why do they have different rates! By the time we book (if we are able) goodness knows what will be left! Even Continental who I was looking at have no direct flights available for the dates we want and they were coming up £400 cheaper for VA flights. Please don't anyone recommend in direct, I would rather pay extra for the convenience of direct.

Hi Wendy
http://www.v-flyer.com/codes.asp

List of codes/rules here. Not read them but there will be a slight difference between the 2 levels.
Prices I have seen so far have been crazy, our dates are not released for another 2 weeks yet, will be looking closely then. I can see us going indirect again unless Virgin bring out some deals.

PS changed title, removed names, although I don't think it went against rules its better without. Posts are not allowed to be directed at individuals, PM system for that:thumbsup2

Agaon, another problem is our wonderful government has increased the air tax for flights from next year, so prices are all higher.

the different fare codes are basically means that some are more flexiable and donthave charges for changes etc

the full economy fare is a y class and this is fully flexible, the cheaper the fare the lower the fare code and the more restrictions are on the ticket

was quite alot to learn on this when I joined VA

PS changed title, removed names, although I don't think it went against rules its better without. Posts are not allowed to be directed at individuals, PM system for that:thumbsup2

Sorry about that:flower3:, just knew who seems to be in the know about these things. Never thought about a PM. Its very weird they are back down to Q&Q again and £3209.20. I know its a lot of money to some people (it is us too) but we sooooo want to go back and are willing to pay for direct (easier for various reasons). Would have it booked already except for DH's boss!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter