Flight of Passage - Overrated?

sgtpet

DIS Veteran
Today was the first time I had been to Animal Kingdom since 2016 and my first visit to Pandora. The area is beautiful. We went on Flight of Passage after hearing for years how great it is. I was unfortunately disappointed with it. It never felt I was riding on a banshee and the visual was blurry. My eyesight is very good. Has anybody else been disappointed by the blurry nature of the ride.

No, I've never noticed blurriness that detracted from the attraction for me. I can't say it's HD or anything like that, but plenty sharp enough to give me the feel of an immersive virtual experience.

It is by far my favorite attraction at WDW. Yes, I enjoy Rise of the Resistance, for the total experience, but FoP just blows me away every time. I enjoy looking all over the screen to spot things I've missed, even though I've ridden it over 50 times.

That doesn't mean you have to feel the same, of course! I'm glad Disney has something for everyone.

Today was the first time I had been to Animal Kingdom since 2016 and my first visit to Pandora. The area is beautiful. We went on Flight of Passage after hearing for years how great it is. I was unfortunately disappointed with it. It never felt I was riding on a banshee and the visual was blurry. My eyesight is very good. Has anybody else been disappointed by the blurry nature of the ride.
It's blurry for me as well and I don't know why. That's so weird. I like it though!

I really disliked it and I also dislike Soarin'. But I know I am in the very minority. It didn't seem blurry to me, I just didn't like it.

Got back last week and had our first FoP experience. We loved it and all agreed it was our top ride of all 4 parks. It was not blurry for us but I did have to wipe my glasses because when I first put them on my mask made them fog up and left them not as clear. However, everyone has very different preferences.

I didn’t notice any blurriness but it wasn’t my favorite. I would probably ride it if there was a short wait but wouldn’t stand in a long line for it.
We went soon after it opened and there were 2 hour or longer waits. Thankfully, we had a fast pass and didn’t wait long.
I don’t really see it as a must do. I still prefer Expedition Everest.

It’s my favorite ride. But there’s always a danger in building something up too much in your head based on other people’s hype. I try not to let it influence me too much. Fortunately I’ve rarely been disappointed.

(Though I have not tried Rise yet, my last trip was right before it opened. I’m practicing for 3 weeks time!)

I have the same opinion of it. Could go without ever riding it again. I think the proliferation of 1440p/4k monitors and working up close to them means that seeing something as low resolution as FoP is jarring.

It is "blurry" for everyone but lots of people aren't exposed to higher resolution screens and won't be as conscious of it. And it's not blur as i mentioned, it's just a relatively low resolution compared to many home systems.

This will sound way corny but the only blur I get is when I tear up at the end. Every. Single. Time.
I am always in awe of the whole experience and it is my favorite ride. Everyone’s opinion has and will vary though with this ride. Some get sick on it with motion sickness while others do not. Some love the content, some don’t. I haven’t specifically noticed any big-time blurriness with the screen though. Maybe it depends on the seating though? Like leaning Eiffel Tower on Soarin? Not sure.

ETA: I can’t think of any screen ride at Disney that is super crazy clear/high def though. I could be wrong.

Last edited:
This will sound way corny but the only blur I get is when I tear up at the end. Every. Single. Time.
I am always in awe of the whole experience and it is my favorite ride. Everyone’s opinion has and will vary though with this ride. Some get sick on it with motion sickness while others do not. Some love the content, some don’t. I haven’t specifically noticed any big-time blurriness with the screen though. Maybe it depends on the seating though? Like leaning Eiffel Tower on Soarin? Not sure.

Thank gods I’m not the only one who cries at the end of that ride, lol! Tbh the resolution doesn’t bother me at all because my eyesight is terrible to begin with. Just putting on freshly clean glasses is 4K to me.

I will say I enjoy it more sitting towards the middle. The screen doesn’t get distorted like Soarin or anything, but I find it a bit less immersive being on the end because the screen tapers on the sides so it’s smaller.

Never thought it was blurry but could be a factor of where you are same as in soaring. It’s one of the best attractions out there and very immersive. Seems like some of the pre show is cut out right now so that detracts. Not everyone likes everything.

We’ve ridden many times over the years and I did notice subtle variations. The glasses can make a difference. Sometimes they’re fairly new and sometimes I’ll get a pair that are really micro scratched that make the 3D not as effective.

This past trip everything was working perfectly including the full effect of the banshee breathing and rumbling etc. Some little details aren’t very noticeable when absent but I can see the ride being more impressive when firing on all cylinders.

ETA: I can’t think of any screen ride at Disney that is super crazy clear/high def though. I could be wrong.

Same!! I cry everytime. The lower rez is not an issue it's the 3d glasses work different with everyone. If you look to close you will see the "effect" gotta relax the eyes and just enjoy.

This past trip was the fourth time I went on it with someone who’s never rode it. I always think “I’m overhyping it...it’s not going to live up to the expectations” and every time people are blown away and can’t wait to ride it again.

I noticed if you sit on the end seats the view isn’t as clear as the center.

I've had the blurry experience the last ocuple of times too - not before. Maybe it's the seating location? In any event, it's one of my favorite rides ever. I never want it to end, and I've always figured thought that it's so beautiful it makes me think that maybe heaven feels and looks a little bit like this.

We have been on it many times including last month, and never noted any blurriness to it.
Agree, maybe bad glasses or fogging up with the mask?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter