Flight lands 7:30pm-Magical Express

SL30

Mouseketeer
My flight lands at 7:30 pm and am trying to decide if we should get our luggage ourselves or use the yellow tags...Does it really take 3 hours to get to room? I don't want to have to stay awake waiting for luggage, but i also don't want to carry it with 2 kids and stroller if it is not necessary.

Also, when we check out, if our airline is not one that offers resort check-in, does our luggage get taken to the airport for us, or do we have to load it on the Magical Express?

My flight lands at 7:30 pm and am trying to decide if we should get our luggage ourselves or use the yellow tags...Does it really take 3 hours to get to room? I don't want to have to stay awake waiting for luggage, but i also don't want to carry it with 2 kids and stroller if it is not necessary.

Also, when we check out, if our airline is not one that offers resort check-in, does our luggage get taken to the airport for us, or do we have to load it on the Magical Express?

We have landed as late as 10:00 pm and yes, we got our luggage delivered at 1 am. ::yes::

Worst case scenario, it can take up to 3 hours, so if that will bother you then go ahead and get your own luggage.

Our 1 am wake up didn't really phase us. We just put the bags in the corner and went back to sleep. The kids didn't even wake up. No biggie.

Not sure about your other question, we have always been on a participating airline.

We are trying to decide the same thing. Our flight gets in around 8:30pm.

Our last trip we got in around 8pm, so we decided to pick up our luggage before heading to the ME bus. For some reason, it took 40 minutes for the first bag to show up on the carousel at baggage claim and we ended up taking a cab instead of ME.

So we still aren't sure what our plan will be.

We don't use the ME but our family do and it's always taken 2 - 3 hours for their bags to get to them. My suggestion would be take your bags yourself if you don't want to be waiting until midnight for them! :rotfl2:

DME luggage delivery can take up to 3 hours. So late at night, you will most likely be better off not using the yellow tags, and picking it up yourself.

On your return trip, if your airline doesn't participate in RAC, you will simply bring your luggage with you to the bus, the driver will place it underneath, and then give it back to you when you get to the terminal. The same applies if you cannot get your luggage to the RAC desk within their operating hours and requirements for luggage acceptance. (No more than 12 hours before your flight, no less than 4 I believe)

We get our luggage before heading to Magical Express Just don't trust the airlines....

My husband used the airline check-in at the Poly a few weeks ago and his luggage never made the flight. He had to go back to the airport and pick it up the next day.

Before Southwest became part of resort check-in, we used to take our bags to the ME bus. The driver would load and unload them onto the bus.

Why not just pack a carry-on bag with what you'll need for that first night and first morning, then when you check in ask them to hold your luggage until morning.

Why not just pack a carry-on bag with what you'll need for that first night and first morning, then when you check in ask them to hold your luggage until morning.

That's what I would do. And I would make darn sure the Do Not Disturb sign was on the door to my room.

We are arriving in the evening, too. I plan to pack everything we need for just that night in a carry-on (pjs, toothbrush, etc). We will either accept delivery late and hope the kids don't wake up or ask them to hold it until morning. I would rather do that than juggle the kids, stroller, bags, etc like you said. Not having to deal with bags is one of the reasons we stay on-site.

We are arriving in the evening, too. I plan to pack everything we need for just that night in a carry-on (pjs, toothbrush, etc). We will either accept delivery late and hope the kids don't wake up or ask them to hold it until morning. I would rather do that than juggle the kids, stroller, bags, etc like you said. Not having to deal with bags is one of the reasons we stay on-site.

You should always pack a bag, full of enough stuff to get you through 24 hours. The airlines are way more likely to misdirect your bags than DME.

Pack a carry on with what you need, and let DME handle the checked bags. Tell the desk at check in to hold those bags until you call down for them. Put the Privacy Please tag in the door, and go to sleep. They will bring your bags to you when you call for them the next day.

Why would you want to waste time at the airport picking up your checked bags when you don't have to?

Thanks! I think I will pack a bag for the night and have them hold the rest:)

Last time we went we picked out luggage up an took it on the ME ourselves. We waited for a while on the bus before we left anyways- So it didn't really hurt us on time. We also checked in later, so we obviously weren't going to the parks! For me it was worth it to have the piece of mind knowing my suitcases weren't lost!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter