Flight check-in and boarding passes

I have to wonder why they would leave bp's on the doors if guests planned on heading to RAC to check their bags. There really doesn't seem to be any consistency with this practice. Like I said.....over 20 uses of DME, coming and going, and not once have I had a bp left for me. Same for most of the people that I know as well. I'll have to try and remember to ask about it when I'm there in Dec!
And we've gotten ours on every single trip, going back to 2012, except for our last one. And that was because they did not properly record our departing flight info so they didn't have it to make it at all. We got it fixed at the RAC counter and they printed our BP there but that is the only trip they weren't on the door that morning.

As far as getting your bp hung on your resort door? Never, ever, in all my stays at WDW, and using DME, have I ever had a bp left for me. And I have departed at various times of day...usually after lunchtime. But sometimes closer to early morning.
A question for those of you that have had your bp left for you....did you have checked baggage upon arrival at MCO?

We've also had our boarding passes hung on our door with our DME departure time the day before our check-out day. We've always flown on Southwest, had checked bags both coming and going, and used RAC to check our bags on our check-out day (but of course we received the boarding passes on the door prior to that). Maybe because it's Southwest and they do the boarding number thing? Not sure but we've always received them and thought it was par for the course for anyone they were able to do that for.

As far as getting your bp hung on your resort door? Never, ever, in all my stays at WDW, and using DME, have I ever had a bp left for me. And I have departed at various times of day...usually after lunchtime. But sometimes closer to early morning.
A question for those of you that have had your bp left for you....did you have checked baggage upon arrival at MCO?

I go a couple of times a year and use DME and RAC every time. I always get my boarding passes the day before my return flight. The RAC folks always ask whether I received my bp or if I need them printed. It's usually asked right before the "did you put any car keys or medicines in your checked bag, etc. spiel."

And yes, I always have checked baggage upon arrival at MCO.

Check those boarding passes that your resort prints out for you! They checked in my 5-year-old four times instead of providing boarding passes for each of us individually, so I had to still check in at the ticket counter at the airport to get the correct boarding passes. We stayed at BC and got the boarding passes the morning of our departure. Around 8 am, I went to the airline check-in desk (I was told their hours are 5 am to 1 pm) at the resort and checked in my luggage for the flights; I did not see them again until we picked them up at our final destination. It was very convenient. If they print out the right boarding passes for you and you check in your luggage at the resort, once you get to the airport, you can go straight through security and to your gate. Saves a lot of time!

Yes, definitely check. My husband ended up with a boarding pass for someone else with the same name, for a flight to Chicago instead of his flight to Hartford.

And we were at Pop, and our boarding passes WERE in the ME check in envelope that we got at the door. This was in April, so I don't know if it changed since then.

The fact is, as long as you get checked in (which you can usually do on your phone) you can wait to print out your boarding passes at the airport.

Every airline I have flown asks if I am carrying certain items prior to printing my boarding pass. Whether I am checking in online, or in person. I am also asked for my ID everytime I am getting a boarding pass in person. Glad to hear these requirements don't apply to you.
I usually print my boarding pass at home, and I've never had to show anyone my id before doing so. I do show my ID at the airport when I check my bag, but they don't require it for printing the boarding pass.

Wow. I had no idea so many people were getting bp's this way. Who knew. I'm going to try to remember to ask why some get this service while others don't.
And as I said before, you don't provide ID if you don't have checked bags. You do when you get to security but that's a whole different thing.

I usually print my boarding pass at home, and I've never had to show anyone my id before doing so. I do show my ID at the airport when I check my bag, but they don't require it for printing the boarding pass.
Sorry, I misspoke. Yes, ID is not required to print from a home computer, to check in on your phone, to use the kiosk at the airport, or to get hung on your door from DME apparently. I have never received it from DME, even though I have had flights that should have qualified. Not sure why that is. I have not flown Southwest since around 1998, but otherwise I have flown quite a few different airlines, multiple times. Mostly Alaskan. And anytime I go to a desk with a person working, including the Resort Airline Check-in desk, they have asked me for ID. Maybe I am on a list.

Found this interesting in regards to boarding passes on the door. I just booked our return flight info with ME. I got the following email, see the red (red is mine, words are theirs). Guess those who haven't gotten them delivered didn't because their flight wasn't eligible

Departure from the Walt Disney World® Resort

The day prior to check-out, you will receive a Disney’s Magical Express Transportation Notice with your motorcoach pick-up time and location. Please present that notice to your motorcoach driver to board Disney’s Magical Express at your resort.

Motorcoach pick-up times are scheduled approximately three hours prior to your flight departure time for domestic flights and four hours prior for international flights.

If you do not choose to check your luggage with the Resort Airline Check-In, please have it loaded on the motorcoach that will transport you back to the airport. Bell service luggage assistance is available upon request.

Resort Airline Check-In Service

This complimentary service allows you to check your luggage and receive your airline boarding pass at your Walt Disney World® Resort so there is no need to check in at the airport for your departing flight. You may take advantage of this service if you are flying on one of the participating airlines below:

Alaska Airlines American Airlines Delta Air Lines

JetBlue Airways Southwest Airlines United Airlines US Airways

If your flight is eligible, your boarding pass will be delivered to your room on the morning of your departure. Otherwise, you may pick up your boarding pass at the Resort Airline Check-In Desk no less than three hours prior to your flight.

The Resort Airline Check-In Desk is open daily from 5:00 am to 1:00 pm.

Guests with a flight departure before 8:00 am must check in at the airport.

Some guests may be required to check in at the airport and will be unable to use this service.

Please note that restrictions and airline baggage fees apply.

Additional information about this service will be provided in your Disney’s Magical Express Transportation Notice.

Thank you again for choosing Disney’s Magical Express. We hope you enjoy your stay!

If you have any questions, please visit www.disneyworld.com/magicalexpress, or contact us at 1-866-599-0951.

THis was the best place I could find to put this. No one seams to be able to answer this including the resort. I am flying out at at 9:50 pm that night. I would like to check my bags with RAC early enough to make rope drop. I am hearing that I can't do this any earlier thatn 9:50 am which would be 12 hours. I cannot get a definite answer form anyone. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

THis was the best place I could find to put this. No one seams to be able to answer this including the resort. I am flying out at at 9:50 pm that night. I would like to check my bags with RAC early enough to make rope drop. I am hearing that I can't do this any earlier thatn 9:50 am which would be 12 hours. I cannot get a definite answer form anyone. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure how to get an answer, unless you can get someone there to go to the RAC counter and ask them. Those working for Disney at any phone number you can reach will not know the answer. RAC are the only ones who will know and they are not technically Disney employees. Maybe someone will ask for you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter