flight bumped

FOR US AIR CALL THIS 1-800-943-5436 & ASK THEM IF YOU CAN CHECK THE SEATS AVAIALBE ON THERE WEBSITE.

YOU CAN ASK THEM WHILE YOU ARE ON THE PHONE, WITH THEM IF YOUR FLIGHT IS FULL?

I USUALLY FLY AA OR DELTA & I CAN CHECK AVAILABLE SEATS ON THERE WEBSITE, USUALLY THRU RESEVATIONS, SECTION.

HOPE THIS HELPS

Bump Me , Bump Me :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: I am so checking out the website to see if flights are full, we've blown nearly 3 years vacation money on our forthcoming trip so if this would give us a way to get back to dis i'd bite their hands off when they offered LOL

Hi all, my flight is full and I wouldn't mind being bumped.
Since you are checked in and your luggage is on the plane already, is it waiting somewhere at your destination or is it just going round and round and round and round (you get the picture)
Thanks

Just so that you know, booking early and getting seat assignments does not necessarily guarantee anything. I just returned from a trip to WDW and had booked directly with Delta and had seat assignments for all of our flight segments. When we checked into Orlando, they told us we would need to check at the gate at our stopover to get our seat assignments and boarding passes for that segment even though I had my eticket with seats confirmed. BTW, they claimed that they had called me and sent me email about this change. They did not, but it would have done no good anyways because I was not at home to receive the email or message.

It seems that the flight wasn't full enough for them. So, they decided to "downsize" the plane. Luckily, they only needed two people to volunteer to give up their seats. I was considering it, but there were four of us and the flight they were offering was the next morning into a different airport and they were then going to have to drive us to our original destination. I did not want to deal with that with two young children.

WORD OF CAUTION, I HAVE LEARNED WHEN TRAVELING, TO ALWAYS CALL THE "NIGHT BEFORE" OF "THE MORNING" OF TRAVEL DATES RETURN & DEPARTURE.

I CALL JUST TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OK WITH THE FLIGHT, & THERE ARE *NO* CHANGES. GIVE THE AIRLINES, YOUR CELL NUMBER.

ALL THE AIRLINES, HAVE 800 #'S

IF YOUR LOOKING TO GET BUMPED, THIS IS ALSO A WAY TO FIND OUT IF YOUR FLIGHT IS "FULL" LET THE AGENT KNOW, THAT YOU ARE LOOKING TO BE BUMPED, HOW IS THE CHANCES.

WITH ANY FLIGHT TICKETS & WITH E-TICKETS, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE ASSCESS TO A COMPUTER YOU CAN PRINT OUT YOUR BOARDING PASS THE NIGHT BEFORE.

AS FAR AS LUGGAGE, I HAVED LEARNED TO CARRY ONLY ONE BAG A PERSON, PLUS ONE BIG.......PURSE, & KNAPSACK. MY DD 10 ALSO. BECASUE OF THIS, WE CAN PUT OUR LUGGAGE ON THE OVERHEAD IN THE PLANE. IF WE ARE BUMPED, WE HAVE OUR BAGS.

IF YOUR CHECKED IN YOUR BAGS, & YOU ARE BUMPED, YOUR BAGS WILL GO TO MCO AIRPORT, WITHOUT YOU. WHEN YOU HAVE A LATER FLIGHT, THEY WILL HAVE YOUR BAGS FOR YOU, WITHOUT A PROBLEM.

HOPE THIS HELPS

This reminded me of something my wife and I encountered when we Disney'd our Honeymoon a few years back. We flew out of Dallas and encountered a couple frantically trying to get a flight to Orlando that morning for their Carnival Cruise that departed that afternoon. Story is that they were to fly out of Houston, but with the flooding they had that weekend all flights out of Houston were cancelled. They'd rented a car and drove all night to Dallas hoping to catch a flight out of DFW. If they weren't in Orlando by 2PM, they lost their cruise. They also had no trip insurance.

With flights as goosy as they can be, trip insurance is something I always get when planning one of these.

-D

DisneyForLife,

When we allowed ourselves to get bumped from our flight to Orlando in February and were rerouted to Tampa, our bags went to Orlando without us. There was no time to get them off the plane. When we got to Orlando via the shuttle service, our bags were waiting for us in the Spirit Airlines office. Thankfully they weren't "going round and round and round and round" on the baggage carousel!

Gayl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter