Flight arrival and ADR time - Ohana

princesslover

DIS Veteran
So, I just confirmed our flight reservations, and we are to arrive at 4:45 pm. l We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I have Ohana reservations at 6:45 pm. Given the time for the magical express, etc, do you think we can make the ADR? I spoke with someone at Disney who thought I would be ok if I did online check in, but logistically how would this work with our carry on baggage? Any thoughts would be helpful. I don't want to cancel it, but also want to give it to someone else who can use it if we can't. Thanks in advance!

You might make it. You might not. If you decide to give it a try, you have to be ok with a potential no-show fee. Bottom line is that even with everything running smoothly, it's going to be tight.

Flights have been known to be late. Magical Express has been known to be late.

If you run tight on time you could decide to take a taxi or Uber from the airport straight to the Poly, but that can be pricey.

I had a similar amount of time between our flight arrival and reservation at Ohana and decided to cancel. We were staying at the Poly, and I still thought we were cutting it too close. Staying somewhere else, I would absolutely be too rushed.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it. My only concern really is that I will have this extra dinner credit, and right now it is so hard to find other reservations (we are going during Easter week)

Unless you are exceedingly lucky you won't make it. Conventional Wisdom is to not have an ADR any less than 3 hours after your plane is supposed to land.

You won't make it. Even if your flight arrives slightly early, doesn't have to wait for a gate, and you walk right onto ME before it leaves... Still need to transfer from WL to Poly, which is either a cab, or boat to CR then monorail.

Did you try Whispering Canyon? There is usually some availability there, and while we have not eaten there, I have seen some decent reviews.

You could call Disney and see about making the reservation for a later time. The later times are the easiest to get. You don't want to miss O'hana. It's great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter