Flex Pay for APs

HLAuburn

DIS Veteran
Just had a couple questions about Universal's Flex Pay for FL Res Annual Passes:

When your 11 monthly payments are up, is that it? Or does it automatically renew and you have to cancel?

Also, anyone have any experience changing method of monthly payment during your 11 months? I don't plan to, but just wondering how big of a deal it would be if you needed to. I imagine they must give you the option to do that (over the phone?) in case your card was compromised or something along those lines.

Thanks!!

Just had a couple questions about Universal's Flex Pay for FL Res Annual Passes:

When your 11 monthly payments are up, is that it? Or does it automatically renew and you have to cancel?

Also, anyone have any experience changing method of monthly payment during your 11 months? I don't plan to, but just wondering how big of a deal it would be if you needed to. I imagine they must give you the option to do that (over the phone?) in case your card was compromised or something along those lines.

Thanks!!

If I recall correctly, it automatically renews on the anniversary date of purchase. You have to cancel it. In order to pay it off early I believe you have to contact them to do so. Lastly, and this is the most important thing, if you wish to cancel it so that you can renew at the discounted price, you have to renew within 30 days of purchase, not within 30 days of ACTIVATION. In other words, you buy it with flexpay now but aren't going until August. When you get there, you activate them and they are good for 12 months from the date of activation. However, you must cancel the flexpay next February and then renew at that time, rather than next August when they actually expire. That is a big difference from buying them outright. If you buy it outright then you don't have to renew until +/- 30 days from activation. I found this out the hard way.

If I recall correctly, it automatically renews on the anniversary date of purchase. You have to cancel it. In order to pay it off early I believe you have to contact them to do so. Lastly, and this is the most important thing, if you wish to cancel it so that you can renew at the discounted price, you have to renew within 30 days of purchase, not within 30 days of ACTIVATION. In other words, you buy it with flexpay now but aren't going until August. When you get there, you activate them and they are good for 12 months from the date of activation. However, you must cancel the flexpay next February and then renew at that time, rather than next August when they actually expire. That is a big difference from buying them outright. If you buy it outright then you don't have to renew until +/- 30 days from activation. I found this out the hard way.

Thanks! I doubt we would renew, but that's good to know. I know Disney's APs don't automatically renew after your payments are up, so we will definitely have to remember to cancel with Universal.

Thanks! I doubt we would renew, but that's good to know. I know Disney's APs don't automatically renew after your payments are up, so we will definitely have to remember to cancel with Universal.
If you can pay it all at once, I would strongly recommend doing that instead of the FlexPay option. I know several people who have had problems on the plan that led to major headaches.

Keep in mind, the current renewal rate is $157.

ETA - Not sure how Disney does it, but with Universal you're essentially dealing with a 3rd party that is doing the financing. Kind of like those furniture places where you get "12 months free financing" type things. They pay Universal in full for your passes and you pay them over time.

We were thinking of doing the FlexPay but decided against it because there are too many what ifs .. So we just bought them straight out figured it was easier and alot less hassle.

babesboo99 said:
We were thinking of doing the FlexPay but decided against it because there are too many what ifs .. So we just bought them straight out figured it was easier and alot less hassle.

I have had my pass going on 3 years and haven't experienced any problems at all with my flex account. My payment has started the same amount the entire time and I have changed cards, addresses, etc. I am curious to what hassles you refer?

I have had my pass going on 3 years and haven't experienced any problems at all with my flex account. My payment has started the same amount the entire time and I have changed cards, addresses, etc. I am curious to what hassles you refer?

I was wondering the same. We've had ours for almost a year with no issues at all with the flex pay.

In my friend's case, she was double billed some months or not billed in others and when she cancelled, she had to cancel twice because they kept taking money from her account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter