• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FLE Passholder Preview Sweepstakes Registration Open NOW

mesaboy2

Reading Is Fundamental.
This was buried in an existing thread but thought it deserved more attention. The process is different this time around, no doubt due to the difficulties experienced last week. Looks like entries will not be accepted after October 31 at 3:00a EST.

Click here on the passholder landing page and sign in for details: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/passholder/landing

Click here on the "sweepstakes" page and sign in to enter: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/entry/2012-november-new-fantasyland-preview-for-passholders/

From passholder page:
Sweepstakes Details:

You have multiple days to submit your entry. Regardless of when you enter, you will have an equal opportunity to attend a preview. Entries must be received by Wednesday, October 31 at 2:59 am EST. Those who are randomly selected will receive a follow-up email from the Walt Disney World Passholder Program on or around November 2, 2012.
You may only enter the sweepstakes once but you may select multiple time periods, which will increase your chances of being selected to attend a preview.

Important Details:

Registration for this event is limited. You may enter up to eight (8) Walt Disney World Passholders (valid Passholder ID required per Guest). One event per Passholder.
Each Guest must be a valid Walt Disney World Passholder at time of the event. This invitation is not a ticket and does not provide entry into the event.
Must be 18 years of age or older in order to sign up for the event (Passholders of all ages are invited to attend the preview). The preview events are subject to temporary closures and may be canceled at anytime without notice.
If you already registered for a preview and have your email confirmation you do not need to take any further action.

From the "Sweepstakes" page:
Enter for the chance to preview the New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom

Grab this chance to experience the largest expansion in the history of Magic Kingdom Park, with new attractions and Disney stories.

On the day of the event, winners will be able to select one of 2 itineraries, based on availability.
Thanks to poster lovethattink for the heads-up! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if i should list my 2 year old when registering for the sweepstakes? It asks for number of Passholders, but she obviously doesn't have one.

-A

It's a sweeptakes so, it's only open to "...legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States or D.C. ("Territory")."

Canadian Passholders are out of luck....boooo!!!!

I gave it a try anyways, but it gave the following response:

"We're Sorry!

It looks like you do not qualify. However, if you feel this message is in error, please make sure your home address is not missing a country on your profile (you may be prompted to sign in again). Please keep your eyes open for future events in which to participate."

It's a sweeptakes so, it's only open to "...legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States or D.C. ("Territory")."

Canadian Passholders are out of luck....boooo!!!!

I gave it a try anyways, but it gave the following response:

"We're Sorry!

It looks like you do not qualify. However, if you feel this message is in error, please make sure your home address is not missing a country on your profile (you may be prompted to sign in again). Please keep your eyes open for future events in which to participate."

I got that message too. I entered via email instead after that. Still not sure if it will be accepted, but I don't really see how it's fair considering I'm still an AP holder even if I'm from the UK...

I know this was previously mentioned, but I think it is pretty pathetic that a company as big as disney can't create an IT infrastructure capable of handling the AP registration so they instead resort to a sweepstakes.

anyway, good luck to everyone trying, I would try, but Disney messed up mailing me my vouchers twice actually, so I won't have the tickets in time to register. Fortunately I got in on the DVC side otherwise I would be real upset.

Oh dear. I don't think this will go over very well...

I do understand why they chose to do it this way. Holding a drawing eliminates the problem of thousands of people trying to register at the same time. However, many passholders have already guaranteed themselves a spot. Now, those who suffered from Disney's lack of planning the first go around (and didn't write an email/receive a phone call) will have to be lucky enough to win a sweepstakes. Further, this method excludes int'l passholders, as identified by PPs.

I rather imagine quite a few people are not going to be happy about the results.

Oh dear. I don't think this will go over very well...

I do understand why they chose to do it this way. Holding a drawing eliminates the problem of thousands of people trying to register at the same time. However, many passholders have already guaranteed themselves a spot. Now, those who suffered from Disney's lack of planning the first go around (and didn't write an email/receive a phone call) will have to be lucky enough to win a sweepstakes. Further, this method excludes int'l passholders, as identified by PPs.

I rather imagine quite a few people are not going to be happy about the results.

No matter what Disney tries to do to resolve their internal problems, someone is not going to be happy. You can't please all the people all the time.....

I think this is a fair solution. Everyone that wants to try for a spot can enter (except, I realize, nonUS AP holders) and spots will be awarded until slots are gone. This is no different than people trying to get in thru internet or phone entries and (if the system had worked as it should have) being told Sorry - we are full.

No matter what Disney tries to do to resolve their internal problems, someone is not going to be happy. You can't please all the people all the time.....

I think this is a fair solution. Everyone that wants to try for a spot can enter (except, I realize, nonUS AP holders) and spots will be awarded until slots are gone. This is no different than people trying to get in thru internet or phone entries and (if the system had worked as it should have) being told Sorry - we are full.

That is true, and I wouldn't expect them to be able to make everyone happy. I also agree that this would be a fair way to set up the preview process. It would have been a good plan for them to follow from the beginning, but to implement it now as an attempt to patch things up causes problems.

For all the AP that get a chance to preview or visit on a later date I found the most awesome hidden Mickey yesterday during the CM previews (my husband is a CM) As you exit the Little Mermaid ride look to your right, there's an area with water and some boulders. There are 3 boulders that form a Steamboat Willie. If you have problem finding it ask any CM in the area.
In total I found 3 hidden mickey's and the hidden Nautilus.
Good luck to all entering the sweepstakes, the area is beautiful and the Imagineers did a great job all around. Gaston is hilarious to meet, it was my DD12 b-day yesterday and he told her: "That's nice that you get ONE day to celebrate, I am admired and celebrated everyday here" He's great.

good news for passholders - we're not entering the 'fray' ! so more room for someone else.

Personally I don't love the system - if I planned a trip around the previews I'd want to know I could get in not be waiting for a lottery result. I do think Disney should have anticipated a huge desire for the preview slots and should have allocated more time earlier on - thus giving folks time to plan/ book vacations. But that's just my 2 cents worth - we're 10 hours away and can't just hop over there like the locals.

The best thing for everyone would have just been to have zero extra previews and have it open to anybody those days.

BUT, I'm confident that most people will get a slot unless they only check one or two. There is plenty of capacity here between all of these days.

I was considering a last-minute trip, and I was unaware of all these preview events until today. I am a bit confused, and I'd appreciate some help.
*Is the rest of Magic Kingdom still open to those who don't have a sweepstakes ticket, during preview hours?
*I need to buy a new FL Res AP, anyway. Is it too late to attempt to register for the sweepstakes preview on Nov 9th?
Thank you!!

I was considering a last-minute trip, and I was unaware of all these preview events until today. I am a bit confused, and I'd appreciate some help.
*Is the rest of Magic Kingdom still open to those who don't have a sweepstakes ticket, during preview hours?
*I need to buy a new FL Res AP, anyway. Is it too late to attempt to register for the sweepstakes preview on Nov 9th?
Thank you!!

Yes, all other areas of the park will be open to the public on preview dates. The deadline for the drawing was Oct. 31, so I'm afraid you're out of luck. However, if you'll be attending MVMCP while you're there, it is rumored that New Fantasyland will be open during the party as it was during MNSSHP. And it's always worth hanging around outside the entrance to that area to see if you'll get lucky - I know some people were able to get in on the tail end of CM previews.

I just got my email notification of getting into the preview from the random signup :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter