• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flawed logic for going on Saturday?

tigerfanrob

Father of the craziest kids to ever enter Disney W
So I'm taking my wife and kids out to Orange County the last weekend of July, Friday through Tuesday. I already have one day park hoppers to use either Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. We are seasoned vets at the one day park hopping commando thing, and will be there from 8 am until they kick us out at midnight. I am trying to figure out the best of the three days to go. My logic tells me that since all AP's are blacked on Saturday, that may actually be the best day to go. Is that flawed reasoning?

I don't think it's flawed logic. I have been there the last 2 Saturdays and in my opinion it was not that crowded. A lot of rides in both parks were practically walk-ons or under 10-15 minutes. The big rides were all under 60 minutes and we often saw Indy and Space Mountain sitting around 35 minutes. The longest line was Splash Mountain at 60 minutes on Sunday afternoon and it was incredibly hot outside. We were able to get FP for RSR at 11:00 a.m., no waiting, just walked in and grabbed the passes (I had heard the line for FP was super long and was very pleasantly surprised to find no line at all).

Who knows what next Saturday will look like, but the last 2 have been great.

Not flawed at all, you are spot on. The "triple blackout" Saturday will almost certainly be the least crowded day that week.

This past Saturday was the quietest I've seen the park in a long time. RSR had less then a 10 minute wait for Single Rider (65 Standby) and when I got off there was no one in the single rider line. The only other time I've seen that was during a passholder early entry. TSMM had a 20 minute wait at 5pm, typically unheard of. The longest lines I saw besides the headliners in Disneyland were Peter Pan and Alice which are normally long even on empty days.

Thanks for the input. Definitely feeling good about our decision to go on Saturday.

saturdays are the BEST DAYS EVER to go. if you go on a saturday then go on sunday, you'll wonder why you never went on a saturday before all this time.

I keep second-guessing my park day choices too. We are definitely going Tuesday and Wednesday. Originally I thought we'd go Thursday to DL, Friday to Legoland and Saturday to Huntington Beach. Then someone said to do Legoland on the Thursday to have lower crowds there since there wouldn't be much difference between Thurs and Friday crowds at DL, which made sense and seemed better than doing three DL days in a row.

But now I'm wondering if we should do Legoland on Thurs, Huntington Beach on Friday, and DL on the Saturday?? I am running the Dumbo Double Dare, so I was looking for an earlier night on Saturday, but maybe it's worth it with lower daytime crowds??

But this is also after all blockouts have been lifted, so it might not make a difference? WWDISD?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter