Flat Stanley Project

tchoney

Disney Mom
Hello Everyone! My sons 3rd grade class is reading about Flat Stanley. He is a boy that had a bulletin board fall on him and he is now flat. He can slide under doors, through cracks and travels the world. Its a really neat reading/writing/math/geography project.

The class looks for people outside of our state of NC and even the country- USA, that would be willing to send postcards or suveniers along with a story about flat stanley and his adventure while he visited you. For example, I answered a flat stanley project last year for a young girl in Indiana. The adventure that I came up with is while Flat Stanley visited me, since I live in NASCAR USA, we visited race car shops and had infield tickets to the May race at Lowes Motor Speedway he also went with me to the Bristol Race and Talledega. Flat Stanley was really lucky because was able to ride along with Dale Earnhardt Jr, who is Flat Stanelys favorite race car driver during the race. Flat Stanley also spent alot of time in the garage area before and after the race learning about how much work is involved with racing........ Anyway, I visited many of the race shops and collected 26 postcards (they are free from the race teams) and 26 chocolate race cars of various drivers (found them at the Dollar Store). The class was so excited. They were able to enjoy their suveniers and plot on the map everywhere that Flat Stanley visited....

Anyway, I know it sounds like alot, but the children really reap educational benefits from this project. There are endless possibilities. If you take Flat Stanley on a cruise with you, you could send back 24 packages of the free disney lotion that you get onboard along with some type of adventure....Just an idea... If you would be willing to help out this class of 24 kids, please respond on this thread or email me at tchoney@vnet.net

The project needs to be in the classroom by Friday, October 8th..

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Tina

Too bad Flat Stanley has to be back by Oct. I love Flat Stanley. My DD had that project 2 years ago. We sent Stanley to a friend in Arizona. She did a great job with him, pictures, items native to Arizona, etc... We don't cruise until Dec. I hope you get Stanley on a cruise. It will be great.

I had Flat visit me in AZ, he got to have Christmas there. I took him to work, he got into some trouble, but decided to be a good boy after that! He also went overseas to Italy and England, and all over the US, but he got to be gone from September till MAy. Too bad your Flat is on such a limited time frame.

I really thought is was fun doing it. I hope I get to have another one visit some day.

We have no kids, but since we travel a lot, we are often asked by local kids to take Flat Stanley with us. I think it's a great way for kids to learn about Geography and traveling the world. Our Stanleys usually run all year, with each student making him in Sept. and having him travel until April or May. But here, we do it differently. No items are bought or sent. Only Photos. Each student tries to get their Stanley the most places around the world. Stanley is sent or taken on trips, photos taken of him infront of well known locations (Golden Gate Bridge, Statue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower, etc.) and at the end of the year, they map all the places their Stanley has been.

I think it's a fabulous idea!

Mrsfuzzmo

Email sent to you :) Would love to show Flat Stanley WDW if he wants to come :)

This is a great project. I'm lucky enough to work with people around the world. Last year we sent Flat Stanley to Hong Kong. When my son was in 3rd grade we sent him to China.

I LOVE Flat Stanley! I did a project for my little friend in MA. But, being from the same place as you, no can help.

I saw your Flat Stanley at that race on TV (I think he was yours)! It was so cool!

PS We have NASCAR thread over on the community board for guessing every week the top 5. Come join us if you don't already!:wave:

Both my sons have done Flat Stanley - in our case the little flat guys were sent to Canada to my family. My sister does a great job on him so if you are interested in going in the other direction (north vs south) just let me know by pm and I could possible set something up for you.

my son did this Flat Stanley project when he was in kindergarten, and it was priceless! I loved seeing all the posters of where he had been. Our Stanley went to another kindergarten class (my MIL is a kind. teacher) and to my sisters recording studio to meet with her students. It wasn't a big venture, but he had fun ;-)
Although I'm (sadly) not going on a cruise in the next year, I would be glad to help if Flat Stanley wants to come to Atlanta. I happen to teach at a local Christian school, so he could come to school, come to karate and ballet with us, lots of things. If you're interested, PM me.

Flat Stanley was supposed to come with me on a Wonder cruise and a WDW trip last year but some goofball forgot to get him in the mail in time. :( I, and my children, were disappointed.

My son and his class is so excited! I told them of the many generous people willing to help with their Flat Stanley Project and they are overwhelmed. I want to thank you all very much for your help we truely appreciate it. The class has already planned a lesson on graphing adventures for math, plotting maps for geography, reading and more creative writing.

I will pick up Flat Stanley today from my sons teacher and will be emailing him out.

This is such a wonderful program and it would not be such a success without wonderful people who are willing to use their invaluable time to help out. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Tina :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter