Flashing drinks

C&G'sMama

DIS Veteran
Okay, My DSIL just asked about the flashing ice cube drink we had at Victoria Falls last time we were there. Are the cubes available at either La Hacienda or Cape May Cafe (or at least the bar at the Beach Club). She used it in my mom's drink the other night. The old lady doesn't eat much anymore but she still likes a good cocktail:goodvibes

Thanks in Advance for any info y'all may have.

DS was able to get one in his soda at Victoria Falls last year. It was malfunctioning by mid-trip and they were nice enough to exchange it for us. We had the receipt, but the lady barely glanced at it.

Oh! I love those things. They never seem to make it back home with me but I got those from 50's Prime Time Cafe in DHS. I did have my light up cup from rainforest cafe also but the cubes were much more fun.

Thanks Guys. I've mentioned it before but mom is 93 (and 1/2) and I'm over the moon excited that she's coming with us. I can't tell you. I don't care what we do on this trip, the fact we get to enjoy it with my mom and that she gets to spend a whole week with my kids means more than I can say. She lives in town but life gets so crazy and down in WDW there's no work, there are no soccer games or Irish Dance, appointments etc. It's just time to hang out.

So if a drink with a flashing ice cube will make her happy, I'll find her one.

I've not had the cubes but I've gotten the lit up Tink --- I needed that Tink, the drink sucked, I tossed it out... some kids mix concoction but it didn't matter -- Tink was mine, Mine, MINE!! :D

Thanks Guys. I've mentioned it before but mom is 93 (and 1/2) and I'm over the moon excited that she's coming with us. I can't tell you. I don't care what we do on this trip, the fact we get to enjoy it with my mom and that she gets to spend a whole week with my kids means more than I can say. She lives in town but life gets so crazy and down in WDW there's no work, there are no soccer games or Irish Dance, appointments etc. It's just time to hang out.

So if a drink with a flashing ice cube will make her happy, I'll find her one.

Kudos on getting your mom into WDW. Mine won't come with me because she is in or feels that she has bad health. I think I understand why your mom likes those flashing ice cubes, 75 years ago a flashing ice cube would be something from another planet. I hope I get to see the world 65 years from now.

Just so you know, you can buy these cubes packaged too. I bought some for the kids next door from the gift shop in Epcot at the International Gateway entrance. I'm sure other shops have them as well. Just make sure to test them first because they don't always work! Have fun with your mom!

Kudos on getting your mom into WDW. Mine won't come with me because she is in or feels that she has bad health. I think I understand why your mom likes those flashing ice cubes, 75 years ago a flashing ice cube would be something from another planet. I hope I get to see the world 65 years from now.

Keep trying. We've asked her in the past and she felt it would be too much. Then my SIL asked her this year and she said yes. She's flying down with them.

Just so you know, you can buy these cubes packaged too. I bought some for the kids next door from the gift shop in Epcot at the International Gateway entrance. I'm sure other shops have them as well. Just make sure to test them first because they don't always work! Have fun with your mom!

You can buy them at most party supply stores... then you don't have to pay Disney prices and cart them home. ;)

Our waiter gave us a couple of them at 1900 Park Fare - easily the best thing about our experience there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter