• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flash...ahhhh - ahhhh!

Really struggling with the fact that we can't afford to go this year, so the flash sale email has not helped at all! :)

Luckily, its going at Xmas time that would really drag me in, and that's not covered by this.

Of course, the fact that all 3 of us could be there in October, at Santa Fe, for £322, with Easyjet flights being only about £200 for us all, is not helping me resist tempation in the slightest.

And I'd already caved enough to check the prices as it was... :D

Oh no.....that's so cheap....now if only I could go without food, electricity etc for a few months we'd be there!!!!

Just tried to see if we could get an upgrade as we booked our trip on the last 50% off sale, told me I couldnt and would need to pay an extra £797 to swap from Santa Fe to Sequoia Lodge :rotfl2:

Just tried to see if we could get an upgrade as we booked our trip on the last 50% off sale, told me I couldnt and would need to pay an extra £797 to swap from Santa Fe to Sequoia Lodge :rotfl2:

was it the French number you called? If it wasn't, phone them. If it was, phone them back and speak to someone else ;).

Well i'm happy.

Was a toss up between the 23rd and 30th of September. But as it's 50% off the 30th will do.. :)

was it the French number you called? If it wasn't, phone them. If it was, phone them back and speak to someone else ;).

It was the Uk number with an American lady. I was tempted to ask about one of the Suites so as to get the VIP Fastpass but after she told me how much it was to swap I didn't bother.

Oooh, we have already booked for 30th Sept, going to have a look at the price difference.

Hmmm, it works out cheaper (£511 now, we've paid £572.40) - can I do anything about it?

Hmmm, it works out cheaper (£511 now, we've paid £572.40) - can I do anything about it?

Hmmm i have no idea TBH, you might if you were to upgrade, but to get cashback so to speak because of a sale i don't know.

And maybe prepay a meal, can't afford to go the whole hog and get dining vouchers at the mo! Will give them a call once the girls are in bed (it's a surprise trip!)

I was really hoping for a flash sale with the dream of upgrading to the DLH :cloud9: unfortunately we arrive on the 3rd of September :(

How does it work? My trip is now £100 less than what I paid. Do I just ask to switch to the 50% flash sale price and ask if I can add some stuff to make it what I originally paid?

When I rang and tried to change offers to the one before this, even ringing on the french number, they wouldn't let me. Would be interested to hear if anyone has any luck though! x

We did this last November - booked for the Santa Fe but when a flash sale started upgraded to the Sequoia Lodge for an extra £30. From the stories I've heard on here it does seem to depend on who you speak to although it seems like your more likely to be able to upgrade if you add something to your package to make it more expensive.

For example of you originally book the Santa Fe at £400 and it's now showing as £200 then they're unlikely to allow you to pay the lower amount. If however the Sequoia Lodge is now £430 then they might allow you to upgrade.

I've just rung and tried to add on a Birthday Cake or pre-pay for dinner at CM and had an exceptionally rude woman tell me that it was not possible. Might try again in a mo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter