FlameGirl and family's PHOTO HEAVY 2010 Christmas marathon TR ~*FINALLY COMPLETE!!!*~

What a great read! I enjoyed reading about your trips (that torrential rain sounded miserable) and I thought all of your photos were great. I also thought it was funny to go from "NEVER" .... and then building up to 10 days. :rotfl: Makes you wonder what the step-up from that will be!

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was fun writing it...I can't believe I remembered as much as I did!

The rain.....oh, then rain. :lmao: It was awful. It was funny because I had to take a business trip to LA about three weeks later, missed my flight out of Burbank, rebooked out of SNA and missed that one too and ended up having to stay at the HoJo of all places until I could leave the next day. It rained on me the whole time then, too. Who says it never rains in So. Cal? :rotfl:

I have read your trip reports today and really enjoyed them. How fun that you got your husband to come over to the right side. :cool1:

I am really looking forward to hearing how your daughter does on the rides this time.

We will be there a couple weeks before you.

I have read your trip reports today and really enjoyed them. How fun that you got your husband to come over to the right side. :cool1:

I am really looking forward to hearing how your daughter does on the rides this time.

We will be there a couple weeks before you.

Thanks for your comment!

It's getting closer! My daughter wants to talk about Disneyland every single night at the dinner table. :)

Ooh, I wish I had someone to talk about Disney with every night. My son loves it as much as I do, (which is why we are taking a trip with just the 2 of us, plus it's a sort of college graduation present). But he doesn't like talking about it nearly as much as I do. He doesn't like getting so excited and worked up about it. Plus, I guess, he works full time and goes to college full time, so he's pretty busy. :lmao:

That's cute.

We love talking about our trip with her but omg....it's every night, planning "which ride first", "which restaurant what night", etc. Over and over....it's a little bit exhausting. :lmao:

We got a Dole Whip while we waited for the show:

Hahaha what a funny "Dad" photo! Dads have a way of always looking "cool" in DL but we all know they love it! I have a photo of my Dad directly after my family went on IJ right after it opened in 1994 (we spent almost 3 hrs waiting in line for that thing; no FPs at the time!) and he's absolutely beaming!! :goodvibes It's pretty funny!

Hopefully Natalie will try TOT this year! The first time I went on it I was considerably frightened :scared1: but TOT has turned out to be one of my most loved rides of all time! :love: Can't wait for your 2010 TR!

Hahaha what a funny "Dad" photo! Dads have a way of always looking "cool" in DL but we all know they love it! I have a photo of my Dad directly after my family went on IJ right after it opened in 1994 (we spent almost 3 hrs waiting in line for that thing; no FPs at the time!) and he's absolutely beaming!! :goodvibes It's pretty funny!

Hopefully Natalie will try TOT this year! The first time I went on it I was considerably frightened :scared1: but TOT has turned out to be one of my most loved rides of all time! :love: Can't wait for your 2010 TR!

Hi there - thanks for posting and welcome! :)

You should post the Indy photo of your dad! I'm pretty sure that hubs had no idea I was taking that photo, but he did manage to look bored and too cool for school, didn't he? :lmao:

I'm so excited to see if the kid goes on the rides...maybe we should take bets! :)

She asked if I'd buy her a "I survived the Tower of Terror" t-shirt if she goes on it.

We are finally below the 60 day mark! Yay! I remember when I first put up my ticker and it said 350-some-odd days and now we are at 59!!:woohoo:

Anyway...I've started mading dining reservations which always makes it seem real. Dinner the first night (Thanksgiving) at Naples, and the next night at RFC. I don't especially love RFC but Natalie loves it.

More to come!

I'm here and loving your previous pics and TR's!:yay:

Funny you mention youtube video's.. I also thought that we were the only "crazies" (as my husband calls the boys and I) who like to sit and watch others DL vacation videos. I have posted ours from 2006 and 2007, but am I bit behind on 2008 and 2009. I am a perfectionist so it takes me forever to make even the shortest video. They are under the user "cspasley22" if you ever want to check them out.

Your countdown is ticking away! :banana:

Funny you mention youtube video's.. I also thought that we were the only "crazies" (as my husband calls the boys and I) who like to sit and watch others DL vacation videos. I have posted ours from 2006 and 2007, but am I bit behind on 2008 and 2009. I am a perfectionist so it takes me forever to make even the shortest video. They are under the user "cspasley22" if you ever want to check them out.

Oh! I will have Natalie come up and watch your videos with me just as soon as she's done with her homework. Thanks for letting me know about them!:banana:

I just watched your videos. Your family is SO CUTE. The last clip from the 2007 video with your son on the rollercoaster is priceless. Also, I LOVE the Mr. Toad tees you and your hubs have...I know you said in your TR thread that they don't get as positive of a response as the Beauty / Beast shirts but I think they are hysterical.

Also....as someone who has done video editing for a living in my former life, you have a great eye for editing!

Thanks for sharing.

Made my Saturday night ressies today at RBJK. We're going to do an early 5:30 dinner that night, as I'm going to make our Fantasmic ressies for the same night. I'm just not sure if I want to do the first or second show. Decisions, decisions...

I just watched your videos. Your family is SO CUTE. The last clip from the 2007 video with your son on the rollercoaster is priceless. Also, I LOVE the Mr. Toad tees you and your hubs have...I know you said in your TR thread that they don't get as positive of a response as the Beauty / Beast shirts but I think they are hysterical.

Also....as someone who has done video editing for a living in my former life, you have a great eye for editing!

Thanks for sharing.
QUOTE]

The Toad tee's are actually my younger sister and BIL. They only travel with us about every 3 years. Thank you for the compliment on the vids. I have made a few videos for friends' weddings, child births, and etc., but I could never do it for a living. I am too much of a perfectionist and one video takes me months to complete!

We have never been to RBJK. Will have to try it one of these times. Don't forget the food pics! :thumbsup2

Love your previous trip reports and can't wait to read the one for November!! Those are some lovely photos and its really neat to read how your daughter tried more rides as the years went on. Count me in as a "Follower" popcorn::

I'm in too. Our DD is 9, we've had to "make" her try new rides every trip. She does the drama thing, too. Then she gets off the ride and, 9 times out of 10, she asks to go again. The exception to the rule was TOT. She'll still ride it for me, but only once per trip. Moholand Madness was her favorite DCA ride, I told her that is was down for a Goofy transition during our trip, but she could ride CS instead. She said pass.

We will be in the parks on the 24th to the 26th, if your DD would like a riding buddy. . .

I'm in too. Our DD is 9, we've had to "make" her try new rides every trip. She does the drama thing, too. Then she gets off the ride and, 9 times out of 10, she asks to go again. The exception to the rule was TOT. She'll still ride it for me, but only once per trip. Moholand Madness was her favorite DCA ride, I told her that is was down for a Goofy transition during our trip, but she could ride CS instead. She said pass.

We will be in the parks on the 24th to the 26th, if your DD would like a riding buddy. . .

We generally try not to *make* her go on stuff, but sometimes we do strongly suggest she try something at least once and if she's not into it, she doesn't have to try it again. The POTC incident was pretty out of character for us, but it was one of those moments when we were out of patience and she was acting pretty silly. As it stands now, Soarin' is the only ride she is absolutely diametrically opposed to going on, in theory, this next trip. I'm not above bribery though...she's positioned herself for a trip to BAB (ugh) if she tries CS, and a "I survived the TOT" t-shirt if she goes on that twice. :lmao:

We won't actually be in the parks until the 26th, but I'm not opposed to a meet and greet! :)

Sunday November 27...just booked Blue Bayou! We haven't been since 2007. :woohoo:

I wonder if Natalie will be allowed to order off the kids menu...she's 11 now. :upsidedow

Sunday November 27...just booked Blue Bayou! We haven't been since 2007. :woohoo:

I wonder if Natalie will be allowed to order off the kids menu...she's 11 now. :upsidedow

When you made your ressies did the CM if you had anyone in the kid group? When I made mine, they asked the age of the youngest member of the party, even if they are under 3. If they are clueless of the age of your DD, I'ld order off the kids menu like its the normal thing to do. I've never eaten at BB, I don't know how the system works over there. At Goofy's kitchen, they always ask the age of the kids under 17.

They asked if there were any kids age 3 - 9. I will still ask for a kids menu when we are seated. It's worth a shot.

When I booked the BB the CM asked for how many adults and children, but did not mention ages. Hopefully it won't be an issue that DS is 10. There is no way he could finish an adult meal at the BB, plus I would hate to pay the adult price for him!

I guess we will see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter