Flame Tree Opened Yet?

leroy26

Earning My Ears
Can anyone who has recently been to Animal Kingdom tell me if Flame Tree BBQ has re-opened after their refurbishment? We are going in a few days and my son is really looking forward to eating there again.

It hasn't opened yet but believe it is planned for next week. They are still selling some of the food in some nearby kiosks

Still listed as being closed through June 3. Like previous poster said, nearby food trucks have some Flame Tree menu options, when we walked by around lunchtime, there were CMs out with menus letting people know.

I've also heard there is some beautiful seating near Flame Tree that is down by the water. Has anyone sat there? What was it like?

What is your favourite item at Flame Tree? We haven't eaten there but may be a new place to try in September!

Is flame Tree that good? We haven't eaten there yet. Do we need to?

I've never tried the food there either! Our last trip my husband and I ate and the CS Yak and Yeti, while my son and his girl friend went to Flame Tree. That is all they talked about for the rest of the day, how much they loved the food there. I vowed next trip, I would eat there. Well, we leave tomorrow and it might not be open during our stay!

I've also heard there is some beautiful seating near Flame Tree that is down by the water. Has anyone sat there? What was it like?

What is your favourite item at Flame Tree? We haven't eaten there but may be a new place to try in September!

I personally have not eaten there, but my son loved the pulled pork sandwich!

Can anyone who has recently been to Animal Kingdom tell me if Flame Tree BBQ has re-opened after their refurbishment? We are going in a few days and my son is really looking forward to eating there again.

Is flame Tree that good? We haven't eaten there yet. Do we need to?

Yes, Flame Tree is that good and the only place to eat CS at AK - IMO. We have always had good ribs there. We ate the ribs since they were closed (got them nearby) and there was 'no' difference from before - even ate down by the water. As far as we were concerned it was no different than getting them at the FT location itself.

They are no substitute for our home smoked ribs, but we find them good for eating out at Disney. So, 'leroy26', your son should not be disappointed either way, whether they have reopened, or not!!

Yes, Flame Tree is that good and the only place to eat CS at AK - IMO. We have always had good ribs there.

You've sold me North of Mouse!! We're going to try Flame Tree this September!

I think the challenge I face when we go to AK is that it is often late in our trip and by then I'm kinda 'fooded out' and am looking for something lighter. Hopefully this year though I'll be ready for some yummy ribs for lunch!

We have always considered Flame Tree the best counter service in AK. Pizzafari is okay, the main advantage being there is indoor seating in the AC when it is hot. Flame Tree has (had?) tons of outdoor seating. The seating areas just keep going and going further back. There are some nice seats near a pool/fountain, and also seats where you can see Everest across the water. I don't know how any of that seating will be affected by the current Flame Tree refurb, and there's also some construction going on around the lake next to Everest for the planned nighttime show.

Yes, Flame Tree is that good and the only place to eat CS at AK - IMO. We have always had good ribs there. We ate the ribs since they were closed (got them nearby) and there was 'no' difference from before - even ate down by the water. As far as we were concerned it was no different than getting them at the FT location itself.

They are no substitute for our home smoked ribs, but we find them good for eating out at Disney. So, 'leroy26', your son should not be disappointed either way, whether they have reopened, or not!!

My son will be so happy! Can't wait to try the ribs!

I think the challenge I face when we go to AK is that it is often late in our trip and by then I'm kinda 'fooded out' and am looking for something lighter. Hopefully this year though I'll be ready for some yummy ribs for lunch!

Although the ribs and pulled pork are very good, if you do find yourself wanting something lighter, their smoked turkey sandwich is also fantastic! Flame Tree is one of my favorite spots for CS!

We just returned yesterday from DW, and were disappointed that Flametree was still closed. I know we could have gotten a lot of the same items at booths around the area, but we love the sheltered areas by the water to eat. Then we realized that the new Harambe Market in Africa was opened. We had lunch there (the ribs) and loved it so much we went back for dinner to try the beef flatbread. The salads that come with the food are very fresh and tasty! We usually do dinner at a TS restaurant, but really loved the ribs and thought the flatbread would be great! Wow, so good, and very generous servings that are VERY shareable!!! So if you happen to be there in the next few days, and are disappointed that Flametree is closed, give the new place a try! :)

We just returned yesterday from DW, and we're disappointed that Flametree was still closed. I know we could have gotten a lot of the same items at booths around the area, but we love the sheltered areas by the water to eat. Then we realized that the new Harambe Market in Africa was opened. We had lunch there (the ribs) and loved it so much we went back for dinner to try the beef flatbread. We usually do dinner at a TS restaurant, but really loved the ribs and thought the flatbread would be great! Wow, so good! So if you happen to be there in the next few days, and are disappointed that Flametree is closed, give the new place a try! :)

Thanks for the information! I've been looking for someone that has just visited in the last few days. Also, I didn't know about the Harambe Market. That sounds good, I was going to try the ribs a Flame Tree so this sounds like a nice substitute. Is Harambe Market air-conditioned? We ate at the Pizzafari last time we were there because we just needed some relief from the heat!

We loved the bbq chicken at FTB and it is a must do restaurant for us from now on

Not air conditioned, but a lot of shade from the many large umbrellas. They just opened on May 22, I believe!

Last edited:

The bbq chicken is great too and I find their platters big enough to share

We just returned yesterday from DW, and were disappointed that Flametree was still closed. I know we could have gotten a lot of the same items at booths around the area, but we love the sheltered areas by the water to eat. Then we realized that the new Harambe Market in Africa was opened. We had lunch there (the ribs) and loved it so much we went back for dinner to try the beef flatbread. The salads that come with the food are very fresh and tasty! We usually do dinner at a TS restaurant, but really loved the ribs and thought the flatbread would be great! Wow, so good, and very generous servings that are VERY shareable!!! So if you happen to be there in the next few days, and are disappointed that Flametree is closed, give the new place a try! :)

Thanks for the info. I will have to try their ribs next Tuesday 6/2 when I visit AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter