Flame Tree BBQ - Pulled Pork Sandwich?

PolynesianLily

Peace, Love, Disney World
Is it true that the Flame Tree BBQ has a pulled pork sandwich? If so that would be fantastic and mean that we have somewhere new to try in AK!

Thank you!

Yes! Flametree has a pulled pork sandwich, and you get to add the bbq sauce your self!

We ate here for the first time last December and it has become a must do for our AK day!

DH had the pulled pork and loved it, I had the bbq chicken salad and thought it was one of the best salads of our entire trip! (The Lotus Blossom in Epcot has a sesame chicken salad that was just slightly better than Flametrees salad)

I make sure to stop and get one every trip! It comes with baked beans which are also pretty good.
We also order a side of onion rings at Flame tree, always good!

I love the pulled pork sandwich at Flame Tree BBQ. I also like the rack of ribs you can get there. There is virtually no need to eat elsewhere in AK, in my opinion!

Eric

Oh how awesome is this!
Thank you all for your responses, you have just put a smile on my face!
We will be eating at Flame Tree BBQ on our visit to AK!! Yay!!

Just had one of these last week for the first time and they ARE delicious! You get to add your sauce on the side - I had sweet & spicy (I think that was the name??) and it was excellent. Baked beans were very good too. My only regret is not trying the onion rings; they looked FABULOUS.

Flame Tree is our favorite CS, go at least 1 or 2 times per trip, never had the pulled pork sandwich I always get the ribs and DW the BBQ chicken, and there is great outdoor seating down overlooking the river.

My kids love the FlameTree pulled pork sandwich because it's not sauced. You can add BBQ sauce or eat it plain. Both ways are delish! :love:

Is the Pulled Pork at Flame Tree different than at Pecos? I'm from Memphis (home of the best BBQ!) and I couldn't eat the BBQ sandwich I got at Pecos.

Is the Pulled Pork at Flame Tree different than at Pecos? I'm from Memphis (home of the best BBQ!) and I couldn't eat the BBQ sandwich I got at Pecos.

I'd guess it's the same pulled pork. And the same as at Liberty Tree Tavern in Epcot.

Things like this have pretty much been homogenized property-wide, economies of scale.

No surprise that a Memphian has a hard time eating Disney BBQ.

They are not the same, the pulled pork at Pecos Bills has the sauce already mixed in with the meat. At Flametree you can choose from two different sauces that you add yourself from the fixins bar.

Now i'm wondering why we havn't tried Flame Tree BBQ before!
Thank you all for your answers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter