Flag family ????

ghcoughlin

Mouseketeer
Hi all !well I just landed an AP rate for our Dec trip so we will be able to stay at WL :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
This thread is SO LONG I'm sure the answer is somewhere to my question.Is it hard to become the Flag family??Does this book up quickly?I would love to be able to do this.I plan on inquiring at check in for availability.What time do you have to be there?How long does it take?

Thanks alot
Heidi

Flag Family does fillup quickly so be sure to inquire when you check in. When we did this the only day available was our day of check-out (10 days later). It takes less than an hour and begins about 8:15. They ask that you assemble your entire party in the lobby around 8am and then they will take you to the roof. The view is beautiful, and we considered it a once in a lifetime experience. You'll get a note reminding you of it under your door the night prior and then you will get a nice certificate onthe day of. Good luck getting into the book at check-in, and try to remember to do this at check-in though there willbe many things going on.

Dittos to patsal's recommendation: ASK at check-in. Do not wait, because it's 1 family a day.

Be sure to bring a camera -- the view is amazing!

We asked at check-in on August 23rd and the first opening was September 1st - Labor Day - which seemed appropriate. Don't be put off if the CM doesn't seem to know how to sign you up -- we had a trainee and pressed her to ask a supervisor.

Aside from the great view on the rooftop, you get to pass through Concierge level and see what spread they put out for breakfast. There are a fair amount of stairs to climb, just so you know.

It helps if you know how to attach a flag -- the CM we had had only done it once before and there are several flags to do. DH many years as a Marine came in handy!

We had plenty of time for photos, with the CM insisting on taking shots of our group and suggesting various sights to capture on film, e.g. wait until the monorail comes out of the Contemporary.

We asked when we checked in on September 18th and the first opening wasn't until September 29th. We were gone by then so were unable to sign up. Bummer - as my DS was really hoping we could do it. Good luck!

Thanks everyone!!I will certainly inquire our day we check in.I wonder if there are ever people who don't show up??I couldn't imagine losing out on that opportunity if you're lucky enough to get it.
Heidi

Good luck!

I've asked at check-in about this every time we stayed at WL, and each time, it has been all booked up during our visit :(

I've even put it on the fax for my room request -- got the room we wanted, but no flag family. Oh well...

Hope you do better :)

We got to do this during our Christmas trip last year. We were there for 2 weeks 12/19-1/01. We got so busy at check-in that we forgot to ask. I remembered later that day and we lucked out with one opening available during our entire stay.

It is worth it if you can get in. The view is just wonderful and as others have said they give you more than enough time to take all the photos you want.

You can only ask at check-in, so at least you've got as good a chance as anyone! Just don't get sidetracked by the gorgeous lobby and forget like we did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter