Fl Resident Tickets

wgeo

DIS Veteran
We are now Florida residents and we have friends coming down from out of state. They have already purchased their package and have their magic bands and all that. Now they have asked if my Daughter (age 8) can stay with them on the weekend and go to the parks with them. I would like to purchase my DD the Fl resident ticket, but will she be allowed to use it since the adults she is going with are not from Fl? My plan was to drop her off on Saturday morning at PO riverside (where they are staying) and then pick her up Sunday night. If needed I could meet them somewhere else if I needed to show my Fl Drivers Lic. to a ticket agent on Saturday, but could she get into the parks on Sunday if I'm not there?

Thanks!

You can buy the ticket at Guest Relations at Downtown Disney. once you show your Fl I'd and buy the ticket, your daughter will be able to use it just fine.

Thanks, I called Disney and the CM said that if I wasn't there on Sunday that she couldn't use the Florida resident ticket, so I'm really not sure what to do. I know you can get different stories when you call, but I don't want to leave everyone in the lurch if she can't get in the parks the second day.

You can buy the ticket at Guest Relations at Downtown Disney. once you show your Fl I'd and buy the ticket, your daughter will be able to use it just fine.

1) If you buy an actual TICKET, no problem, as you show your id at purchase.
2) If you buy a VOUCHER, you must be present with YOUR id at its first turnstile use.

I have a related question. I am a FL resident and I bought some FL resident tickets and got my vouchers in the mail. We are going to the MK first - can I just present my vouchers at the turnstiles or do I have to trade them in at ticket booths first? We will have our IDs either way. Thank you!!! :goodvibes

I have a related question. I am a FL resident and I bought some FL resident tickets and got my vouchers in the mail. We are going to the MK first - can I just present my vouchers at the turnstiles or do I have to trade them in at ticket booths first? We will have our IDs either way. Thank you!!! :goodvibes

You will need a ticket. Stop at the ticket booth.

OP ~ your daughter absolutely will be able to use the ticket even if you aren't there. You just need to buy her a TICKET and not a VOUCHER.

It is ridiculous that the CM would tell you otherwise.

You have to go to the ticket booths first, even if you have the vouchers linked to a MagicBand, so they can check your ID and issue a ticket.

Thank you for the info!

We are staying at Ft. Wilderness so we were planning to take the boat to the MK. I am hoping to bypass the Ticket and Transportation Center completely - is there are ticket window right at the MK? I recall seeing a Guest Services window - can we do it there?

Thanks again!

Thank you for the info!

We are staying at Ft. Wilderness so we were planning to take the boat to the MK. I am hoping to bypass the Ticket and Transportation Center completely - is there are ticket window right at the MK? I recall seeing a Guest Services window - can we do it there?

Thanks again!

Yes, you can do it there at the Guest Services windows in the entrance plaza.

Other than Downtown Disney, where else can you purchase a resident pass? My mom Florida resident will be joining us in August at Beach Club. Can she get her pass at the resort?
We have annual passes so we do not need a pass.
My mom's sister will also be joining us -not a Florida resident-can my mom get a pass for her?
Also, my mom does not have a licenses what other Florida ID can she use? She may have a non drivers Id, I assume that is sufficient substitute for license.

Other than Downtown Disney, where else can you purchase a resident pass? My mom Florida resident will be joining us in August at Beach Club. Can she get her pass at the resort?
We have annual passes so we do not need a pass.
My mom's sister will also be joining us -not a Florida resident-can my mom get a pass for her?
Also, my mom does not have a licenses what other Florida ID can she use? She may have a non drivers Id, I assume that is sufficient substitute for license.

I don't *think* you can get resident passes at the resorts. You'd have to go to either DTD or to any of the ticket booths at the parks.

I don't *think* you can get resident passes at the resorts. You'd have to go to either DTD or to any of the ticket booths at the parks.

In February, 2013 and other times prior to that, we were able to get Florida resident tickets at the resorts. I don't see why it would have changed so its worth a try.

Sadly your mother cannot get a ticket for her out of date sister (my son a Fla resident cannot buy my a florida resident pass) . I'm sure a non-drivers ID will be fine for your mother to buy her Florida resident pass. I use my NY non drivers ID as identification to purchase a DVC annual pass.

In February, 2013 and other times prior to that, we were able to get Florida resident tickets at the resorts. I don't see why it would have changed so its worth a try.

It's very possible. lol That's why I said I don't think...because I'm not 100% sure. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter