FL Resident Ticket/MB question

ericaseiler

Mouseketeer
Hi!
We are heading back to WDW after 5 years. I have our tickets (FL Resident tickets), park reservations and our MB's all in MDE. Are you able to please tell me if we are able to go right to the gate to get scanned in for the day or do we need to stop at a ticket booth first? Thank you!

If your address is a FL address, the system should have authorized that you are a fla resident. You should be fine.

If your address is a FL address, the system should have authorized that you are a fla resident. You should be fine.
No I think there are extra steps, they will need to go online and get validated as a FL Resident, it is more than having an address, still need to do the proof step. I have Florida tickets on a Florida address with a Florida addressed credit card. I had two choices, go online to validate my address (would need ID) or go in person to GR/Ticket to show them proof of residency.

If OP has done the online proof they can go right in.

Not necessarily. While there are ways to provide the residency verification online in advance - it's not automatic, you have to affirmatively do for everyone who has a FL Resident ticket if you want to skip doing it at the park or guest services.

You can verify the day before if it's more convenient. At parks or Disney Springs.

Thanks for your help. There is an ID verification process when purchasing the tickets. I just confirmed with a WDW cast member and we are able to go right to the gate. Thank you again!

Thanks for your help. There is an ID verification process when purchasing the tickets. I just confirmed with a WDW cast member and we are able to go right to the gate. Thank you again!
I am in a similar situation in that I purchased both my husband's & my FL Resident tickets at the same time in the same purchase. We're both full time FL residents & have FL drivers licenses with our current address & live at the same address.

When I completed the purchase it verified my drivers license but there was no option to verify my husband's. Do we need to go to the ticket window so he can show his drivers license or can we proceed straight to the gate? Did you enter everyone in your party's FL resident info when you purchased because there's no way to do it after purchase.

Hate to waste time at a ticket window if we don't have to.

I am in a similar situation in that I purchased both my husband's & my FL Resident tickets at the same time in the same purchase. We're both full time FL residents & have FL drivers licenses with our current address & live at the same address.

When I completed the purchase it verified my drivers license but there was no option to verify my husband's. Do we need to go to the ticket window so he can show his drivers license or can we proceed straight to the gate? Did you enter everyone in your party's FL resident info when you purchased because there's no way to do it after purchase.

Hate to waste time at a ticket window if we don't have to.
Wanted to come back to let you know that I chatted with customer service online via the chat box and they verified that I did not have to go to a ticket window. We arrived at HS early (our first park of the trip) and I just had a weird feeling waiting in line for the turnstiles to begin letting people in. I left my husband and daughters in line to quickly run to the (empty) ticket windows to check and the person there said I DID need to show my license and verify?! She did mine, told me my daughters (under 18) were fine and to send my husband up to her to verify his. So I went back in line with my kids while my husband ran over to her to show his license. I am not sure if this is really what was suppose to happen. I thought the purpose of the online verification was to avoid FL res of having to go to ticket window to show but since we had a little time and there was no line, I thought it wouldn't hurt to verify instead of having to go back to the front once people started being allowed in.

Wanted to come back to let you know that I chatted with customer service online via the chat box and they verified that I did not have to go to a ticket window. We arrived at HS early (our first park of the trip) and I just had a weird feeling waiting in line for the turnstiles to begin letting people in. I left my husband and daughters in line to quickly run to the (empty) ticket windows to check and the person there said I DID need to show my license and verify?! She did mine, told me my daughters (under 18) were fine and to send my husband up to her to verify his. So I went back in line with my kids while my husband ran over to her to show his license. I am not sure if this is really what was suppose to happen. I thought the purpose of the online verification was to avoid FL res of having to go to ticket window to show but since we had a little time and there was no line, I thought it wouldn't hurt to verify instead of having to go back to the front once people started being allowed in.
Thank you so much!

Think we'll hit the ticket window first just in case & make sure all is good to go based on your experience 👍

ETA I agree that this is definitely frustrating. The whole point of offering the online verification was to prevent having to deal with this at park entry 🙄

No problem! It is possible it wouldn't have been an issue to go right to the gate and maybe the cast member wasn't informed well but because we had some extra time and there was a line , it was worth it for me to verify instead of having to possibly be turned away

I always figure it's better to be safe than sorry. We either go to DS or a park on the night of our arrival to activate our Florida resident or military tickets. I felt badly for a family in line in front of us in the line to get into MK last month. Our line absolutely crawled (apparently everyone who didn't buy tickets in advance was in front of us) and when we got to the tap point, they hadn't activated their military tickets and had to go to GR. I wished that I had struck up a conversation with them - maybe I'd have been able to save them some time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter