FL Resident Discounts??

starsinnight

Mouseketeer
It's been awhile since I've even thought about any details about our August trip to Disney - since I booked it so long ago and already got the Dinner Reservations too... but I figure its time again to start trying to get a better rate for our resort. We are staying at the All Stars Movies and it was about $80 a night when I booked it. They said that there weren't any more AAA discounts and that the FL Resident Discount at that time wasn't available anymore. We used to get rates for about $60-70 a night years ago. Does anyone know anything about this before I call up??? Any info is helpful since I've been out of the loop and off this site for a few months!!

yay!

I just called and got a AAA discount which they didnt have the first time I called.... so instead of $90 a night, it will be $75 AND we got upgraded to a preferred room! I think this is good lol

Good for you! I'm so glad you kept pursuing a discount. I am a FL resident, too, and my husband and I have been going to WDW fairly regularly through the years just on day trips. Then, a couple of years ago we decided we'd start staying at some of the resorts. I booked us into AKL for Dec. '08 and find the rates have really jumped over last year. Even though we're pretty bummed about the rates, we're still going. I called last week just to see if there's been any downgrade in the rates for the first week in Dec., and I was told no more rooms are available at the rate we were quoted and reserved. I guess we're just going to suck it up and pay what we have to pay and chalk it up to "That's life." :confused3

We are also staying at the Yaght Club for the 4th of July weekend on a florida rate for our room. Did you say that sometimes even the florida rate goes down? Should I keep checking back with them?

I could not say definitively if any of the rates will go down. I always, however, when I reserve anywhere way in advance, keep checking. It only takes a few minutes to have an agent research it. Sometimes I get lucky and sometimes I don't. I am curious to watch and see what happens, though, with WDW rates given the price of gasoline is bound to cut into WDW's attendance numbers. As a result, I'm hoping to see some attractive deals forthcoming. So, yes, I'll keep checking and checking. I have until Oct. 19th to cancel and get a full refund. Here's wishing you a wonderful stay!

Thanks for all the nice replies to this! The lady I spoke to before did say that the FL discounts do not go into effect until about a few months before your stay so when I booked our trip back in February - there were NO fl discounts or AAA discounts at all for the time we were going (or so I was told) and I was told to try back at a later date. And when I did, there were AAA discounts but still no FL discounts. So I may need to call back about that, but I guess I can't get too picky.

The rates have increased over the years but I am hoping too that they will cut some prices because of gas (wishful hoping!).... because the one thing I am worried about for our trip is the price of gas!! It will probably be $150 in gas alone from Miami to Orlando and back. :scared: But it should be worth it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter