• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FJ single rider line "safe" for children

mhalpern

Mouseketeer
Our plan is go all stick together but we are going to be there on a Tuesday during spring break (4/19) and we only have one day at each park so I want to know all my options. If the WWOHP is insanely busy we might use the single rider line for FJ. My kids are 9 and 11. When you get off the ride is there more than one exit? Can you wait where they unload you for family members or do they shuttle you into another area? I don't want to lose my kids if we can't all ride together. Thanks.

All riders exit down some stairs that empty into Filch's Emporium. There is a separate loading/unloading dock for handicap-accessibility that I got shunted to once, but the TMs there should guide anyone unloading there to the same Filch's exit.

If by some chance one of your kids does get that handicap platform, you won't be able to reunite until Flitch's which is SO crowded and small. I'm just not sure I'd want a 9 year old off by herself there and it could happen. Do the kids have cell phones? If so, then I wouldn't be quite as worried since you could call each other if you get separated.

I had this concern on my last trip with my 12 and 15 year olds. I was worried the 12 year old would freak out a bit if she didn't see me when she got off the ride and she doesn't have a cell. We ended up not using the single rider line.

How many adults will be going? Hopefully 2? You could have the adults go first and last, and have the kids 'sandwiched' inbetween. That way, you'd have one adult already waiting at the exit, and another back at the beginning behind the kids in case something happens.

If by some chance one of your kids does get that handicap platform, you won't be able to reunite until Flitch's which is SO crowded and small. I'm just not sure I'd want a 9 year old off by herself there and it could happen. Do the kids have cell phones? If so, then I wouldn't be quite as worried since you could call each other if you get separated.

Thanks - that's exactly what I was worried about. Even though we have two adults I think I'll stick with the original plan and all ride together. Better safe than sorry.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. Four people in the single riders line should all be out within a few minutes of each other. I would send an adult first and tell the kids to meet you on the stairs just outside the gift shop. I've seen kids that age ride through the singles line a dozen times in a row while their parents waited -- it's not that big a deal.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. Four people in the single riders line should all be out within a few minutes of each other. I would send an adult first and tell the kids to meet you on the stairs just outside the gift shop. I've seen kids that age ride through the singles line a dozen times in a row while their parents waited -- it's not that big a deal.

Thanks - I'm sure you're right but I think we'll save that in case we decide to ride a second time. This way we can all see what the exit looks like. But it's good to know in case we need a plan B. :thumbsup2

We used the single rider line alot this past weekend with my boys 12 & 15. Whoever got off first just waited right at the immediate exit. No problems at all. We also had a few times where 2 of us were single riders on the same car.

If it rains, go to HP!!! We did and there were no lines! We had to stop ourselves from running through the empty castle. Also we did early entry...less lines. And our other strategy was after 6. Usually by 8 the waits were less than 10 mins.

Thanks - I'm sure you're right but I think we'll save that in case we decide to ride a second time. This way we can all see what the exit looks like. But it's good to know in case we need a plan B. :thumbsup2

Our first time riding, we all went through the regular line as a family. It's a pretty intense ride and I wouldn't have wanted DD (7 at the time) alone in case she was scared. Turns out I was the one who was terrified. :rotfl:Anyway, neither DD or I wanted to ride it again, but DH and the boys loved it and rode it MANY times over the next week via the single rider line. (The boys were 14 and 11). It was very easy for them and I highly recommend it if your boys like the ride enough for another go round. This way they will already be familiar with the area and you can discuss a meeting area in the unlikely event that you get separated. :)

So, many rides will spill out to the TV's showing ride pictures. Is that true for FJ? I had planned to have my DS meet me at the TVs.

Our plan is go all stick together but we are going to be there on a Tuesday during spring break (4/19) and we only have one day at each park so I want to know all my options. If the WWOHP is insanely busy we might use the single rider line for FJ. My kids are 9 and 11. When you get off the ride is there more than one exit? Can you wait where they unload you for family members or do they shuttle you into another area? I don't want to lose my kids if we can't all ride together. Thanks.

I only noticed one exit when I was on it. and yes you can wait for your family right after you exit just after that moving walkway that you step on after riding the ride. that is where my mom and I met after every ride. there is a little cooridor at the exit and they perfer for you to stand there.

I only noticed one exit when I was on it. and yes you can wait for your family right after you exit just after that moving walkway that you step on after riding the ride. that is where my mom and I met after every ride. there is a little cooridor at the exit and they perfer for you to stand there.

Definitely this and not by the TV's...they are down the stairs and across the very crowded shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter