FJ..sick or not sick

• Yes I vomited from this ride

• No not sick at all and took no meds

• Not sick but took meds

• No meds felt nauseous but did not vomit

• Took meds still vomited

• Took meds still felt nauseous but did not vomit

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've ridden it multiple times since it's opened and have never gotten sick. I do take Meclizine every time though, because I know I'll be riding it over and over back to back using the single rider line. On the other hand, my husband who has never gotten sick an any amusement park ride gets nauseated every time he rides it, whether he takes the Meclizine or not.:rotfl::confused3 He rides it one time trying to prove to himself that he's not going to get sick this time, then after he rides it once, he waits until I get my fill of it.

This is a man who loves roller coaster and motion simulators. Spiderman and Simpsons don't phase him, but for some reason FJ throws him for a loop.

I love this ride and went on it many times yesterday morning and didn't feel sick. The Dueling Dragons nearly made me sick though and I only went on each of them once.

Can anyone compare this ride to Dinosaur at AK? Is it as rough a ride? Which is rougher? FJ or Dinosaur. I was ok on dinosaur but am worried about FJ.

Can anyone compare this ride to Dinosaur at AK? Is it as rough a ride? Which is rougher? FJ or Dinosaur. I was ok on dinosaur but am worried about FJ.

FJ is much smoother than Dinosaur. However, there is a ton of movement in FJ. You are continually moving but the motion is very smooth. There is no jerking or jolting around.

This is the only ride I've ever gotten sick on. I didn't vomit but my nausea was so bad I had to leave the park. And I've rode every ride/coaster at Universal, Busch Gardens, Disney World and Sea World with no problem. Maybe I'm just getting old lol

I chose the option of Not sick but took meds, as that was closest option for me.

I often eat ginger candy right before I get on the ride (around the Sorting Hat part of the queue). I had read some threads about FJ causing motion sickness, and I didn't want to take my chances. Have never had a problem on FJ with the ginger candy.

There was one time that I didn't take the ginger candy and rode it. I may have noticed slight dizziness, but it didn't bother me - maybe for like a few seconds. Perhaps it was more anxiety of getting sick than actually being sick.

I chose the option of Not sick but took meds, as that was closest option for me.

I often eat ginger candy right before I get on the ride (around the Sorting Hat part of the queue). I had read some threads about FJ causing motion sickness, and I didn't want to take my chances. Have never had a problem on FJ with the ginger candy.

There was one time that I didn't take the ginger candy and rode it. I may have noticed slight dizziness, but it didn't bother me - maybe for like a few seconds. Perhaps it was more anxiety of getting sick than actually being sick.

What kind of ginger candy? I would be interested in trying that. I too am thinking that the anxiety is what's going to make me sick however, I do get nauseous watching home video's. :sick:

What kind of ginger candy? I would be interested in trying that. I too am thinking that the anxiety is what's going to make me sick however, I do get nauseous watching home video's. :sick:

I like this brand. It's chewy - the wrapper sticks to the candy a bit, so it may be a little hard to unwrap it if left in a warm location. I bought mine from Amazon.com, but it may be possible to find it at an Asian grocery store as well if there is one in your area.

I hope you find something that works for you and that you will be able to enjoy the ride! :goodvibes

I like this brand. It's chewy - the wrapper sticks to the candy a bit, so it may be a little hard to unwrap it if left in a warm location. I bought mine from Amazon.com, but it may be possible to find it at an Asian grocery store as well if there is one in your area.

I hope you find something that works for you and that you will be able to enjoy the ride! :goodvibes

Thank you....one more thing. Do they taste good or do they burn?

I didn't feel sick, and I'm usually prone to motion sickness and I get car sick and stuff. However, I do feel a little dizzy afterward and have a feeling that if I were to ride it again right away I would probably get sick. Last time I was there we were with someone who vomited afterward, but I think he may have had a few too many beers that afternoon which may have been the real cause of the problem :rolleyes1

Perfect advice! I just ordered some. Last time we went, my friend and I took nausea meds and about fell asleep in the greenhouse! Turns out after many FJ rides later, I never needed it. My husband is going for the first time this year, so I will have these handy! He is my tough, construction-worker husband who gets green on the tea cups! I better be prepared!

This is the only ride that is making me a little leery to ride it. I really don't want to come off sick. :sick:

Felt pretty sick afterwards and sat in the Owlery, next to a girl that I didn't know who was also sick. We both sat there, pale faced. Hehe, very attractive. Next time I will take Dramamine.

I will be riding this for the first time on Saturday, so I will come back and vote next week.

What I am wondering is, if I start to feel sick, should I just close my eyes or try to look somewhere inside the car? Will this help me feel better, with all the motion still going on? I am OK on the tea cups (once), I am OK on Soarin, as long as I didn't eat a few minutes earlier. One ride on Body Wars back in '98 ruined my whole day (and I was only 15), and I can't handle Star Tours.

Just thinking about riding has my stomach on knots, but I HAVE to ride. I mean, it's HP, and I'm leaving my children home and flying all the way to Florida just for WWOHP. How could I not ride? :rotfl:

BTW, bonine will be my best friend all weekend.

I will be riding this for the first time on Saturday, so I will come back and vote next week.

What I am wondering is, if I start to feel sick, should I just close my eyes or try to look somewhere inside the car? Will this help me feel better, with all the motion still going on? I am OK on the tea cups (once), I am OK on Soarin, as long as I didn't eat a few minutes earlier. One ride on Body Wars back in '98 ruined my whole day (and I was only 15), and I can't handle Star Tours.

Just thinking about riding has my stomach on knots, but I HAVE to ride. I mean, it's HP, and I'm leaving my children home and flying all the way to Florida just for WWOHP. How could I not ride? :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear back from you. I felt sick on Simpsons but just closed my eyes and was fine. I am very scared to ride this ride though. More worried about it triggering my vertigo by tipping me back. I get dizzy looking up at an airplane in the sky sometimes. I would love to be able to use Bonine for this ride but it wipes me out for days. I feel drugged. I wonder if some caffeine would help with that?

Closing your eyes will work. I close my eyes right after the Whomping Willow and then open them right after I hear, "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". That makes you miss the simulated action in the quidditch pitch. I never get sick at all if I do this. It is the simulated parts that make me sick. There are three simulated parts (not including the short floo network parts). I find closing my eyes for the middle simulated part is enough to stop the motion sickness. You may want to close your eyes for the last part too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter