• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fixed week calander?

Thanks guys. I must have missed that discussion thread. :eek: Sounded like to me that it would have been a good opportunity to lay further restrictions on resales. I'm actually surprised they are letting it slide. I understand what you're saying about it being part of the original deed but once it's sold, I would argue that it is at Disney's discretion as to how they draw up the new deed. It would be interesting (to me) to see if there are legal requirements out there protecting the status of those points/deed as originally sold. If that's the case, how can they take away any benefits from resale buyers? Those too, were part of the original deed if that's the argument. :confused3
The fixed week option would be deeded so there really isn't any way they could remove that without opting for ROFR.

This is assuming you will be able to resell it as a fixed week. I haven't heard that confirmed anywhere. Do we know that it can be resold the same way?

searched and searched everywhere I could think of reading it.. SOME one SOME where on SOME forum/FB/SOMETHING listed the saw a sold week 52 at HA for 300$ per point..

I have tried to refind this .. and I am not that person.. but my deed is showing deeded as a guaranteed fixed week, so aside form ROFRing it.. I don't see how they could limit the sale/price / benefit. IMO there is 0 down side to this. .. barring not using the points.

J=

So I just did my 1st vacation I can use this with .. AND I AM FLOORED with EXCITEMENT!

1) I can check in on Christmas! do Christmas eve with my family and fly in to watch fire works across the beach!!!!

IT IS BOOKED and Guaranteed 2 yrs from now! WOW dates of . 12/25/2016 -01/01/2017 actually point chart should turn out to be 227, my cost is actually 209.

Kids school being 12/26 -01/09 and needing to add another week on .. LOL! THIS couldn't be more perfect! SO excited right now!

searched and searched everywhere I could think of reading it.. SOME one SOME where on SOME forum/FB/SOMETHING listed the saw a sold week 52 at HA for 300$ per point..

I have tried to refind this .. and I am not that person.. but my deed is showing deeded as a guaranteed fixed week, so aside form ROFRing it.. I don't see how they could limit the sale/price / benefit. IMO there is 0 down side to this. .. barring not using the points.

J=
Really the only issues I can see are that it appears you can't break down the deed into smaller contracts and it could cause some to buy more points than they need otherwise. Given the specifics of such a purchase, the advantage far outweighs those issues. IMO anyone buying who would be around a points level that would work should consider getting a fixed week even if it's not one they plan to use right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter