Fix the website to allow changes.

JPTexan82

Ever which way but loose
I see everyday the people complaining about the long wait times when calling. It comes down to a bad website that doesnt allow changes. If you want to add transportation, you have to call. You want to pay for tips, you have to call. You see a room open up that you want, you have to call. You can to book your place holder, you have to call. Come on Disney, fix your website to allow changes.

For example, I booked a place holder onboard this past week on the Fantasy. In past years, you could go down an meet with a person onboard to pre-book you next cruise. It was fine for me to waste 30 mins, drinking a beer in my swim trucks. But now, book a place holder. Then I still must call to book a room. Its so backwards. The credit is on my account, just tie both reservations together. Thanks

You can modify your stateroom through the website. However, the rest of Disney's sites need a lot of work but unfortunately unless it's diminishing revenue they aren't going to resolve the issue. This issue is not exclusive to DCL but all sites associated with Disney.
I would think that making your customers sit on hold for several hours any time they need to call is going to piss a lot of people off. Sure, the die hards may put up with it, but many will be completely turned off by such a lack of service.
If they're short staffed for CMs to answer the phone, it's even more important to have a website that is able to eliminate many of the phone calls.
Do they even know how many give up and just hang up after a few hours on hold? Do they even care?
For a company known for its high level of service, that is despicable.
They know how to fix this, they just won't.

Celebrity is looking better and better every day.

Well, at least as far as transportation, that may be a safety feature so people don't book impossible transportation times.

I couldn't agree more! There is no reason that some these basic requests can't be handled online.

Sure there is - the website can't handle the traffic it already gets. They'd need to invest a lot of money into it to make it more reliable first, and I hightly doubt that is something they're interested in doing until they absolutely have to.

Well, at least as far as transportation, that may be a safety feature so people don't book impossible transportation times.
They don't ask your flight times when you add transfers to a reservation. They can be added long before flight schedules are even published for those dates.

None of the mainstream cruise lines allow any changes online beyond what Disney does. It's an industry-wide problem.

They know that the ultimate change is a cancellation. And there are tons of $$$ at stake. They want you to go through the trouble of speaking with someone before money is moved around.

I would think that making your customers sit on hold for several hours any time they need to call is going to piss a lot of people off. Sure, the die hards may put up with it, but many will be completely turned off by such a lack of service.
If they're short staffed for CMs to answer the phone, it's even more important to have a website that is able to eliminate many of the phone calls.
Do they even know how many give up and just hang up after a few hours on hold? Do they even care?
For a company known for its high level of service, that is despicable.
They know how to fix this, they just won't.

Celebrity is looking better and better every day.
It's not hurting their overall product. Money is still coming in either with DCL, WDW, DL or DVC and all have ridiculous hold times. Why fix something if their overall profit isn't being hampered by guests not being able to access the site consistently? The DCL website is light years ahead of stability in comparison to the DVC website or WDW website.

Disney IT in general needs to be fixed. It's necessary for so much...Genie+, ADR, Mobile Ordering, Park Tickets/Park Reservations, ShopDisney.com, and all things needed for DCL, etc. There are so many complaints and videos about it but nothing changes, it never gets better.

None of the mainstream cruise lines allow any changes online beyond what Disney does. It's an industry-wide problem.

They know that the ultimate change is a cancellation. And there are tons of $$$ at stake. They want you to go through the trouble of speaking with someone before money is moved around.
I agree with your statement but I also think that, like Amazon, people are far more likely to spend money impulsively on the internet. Ask people to hold for 2 hours and they begin to lose interest. Poor customer respect and service is what causes me to switch companies. Once you reach someone at Disney they are wonderful but in todays instant technology , waiting on hold seems unbearable.

I agree with your statement but I also think that, like Amazon, people are far more likely to spend money impulsively on the internet. Ask people to hold for 2 hours and they begin to lose interest. Poor customer respect and service is what causes me to switch companies. Once you reach someone at Disney they are wonderful but in todays instant technology , waiting on hold seems unbearable.
Yes definitely. Spending is no problem - the cruise lines allow you to book off their websites. Once they have your money, they want any changes to go through a live person.

Some of the banks have found a way to set up a secured live chat online, and maybe that's where the intermediate solution is until the website IT catches up.

I used to have long wait times with Delta Airlines, but they introduced another option for texting. It starts with a bot, then if their links don't work you can get an agent. I think it is more efficient for them because an agent can multitask using texts better than if they are live on the phone.

It's not hurting their overall product. Money is still coming in either with DCL, WDW, DL or DVC and all have ridiculous hold times. Why fix something if their overall profit isn't being hampered by guests not being able to access the site consistently? The DCL website is light years ahead of stability in comparison to the DVC website or WDW website.
This is bottom line. Why spend money on an upgrade when you are basically booked to capacity?

I used to have long wait times with Delta Airlines, but they introduced another option for texting. It starts with a bot, then if their links don't work you can get an agent. I think it is more efficient for them because an agent can multitask using texts better than if they are live on the phone.
I love Delta’s text option. So convenient.

I strongly believe Disney's flawed IT is not the problem. It's the solution.

Not really sure what problem this is the solution for.

But given it has been *ages* that Disney's IT is so broken, I can't believe there's no real reason for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter