Five people too much for PO resort?

Sputnik

Earning My Ears
We are planning on staying at PO resort with FIVE people. Two adults, two 8 yrs, and one 13 yrs. Do you think this will be big enough to accomodate 5 people? Its quite a bit cheaper than staying at fort wilderness (which appears to be the next cheapest price).

Thanks!

Personally I would never stay in a room with that many people -- maybe one night. You could try the All Star Suites at the Music resort. They sleep 6 and have 2 separate areas (and 2 TVs) and 2 bathrooms. I think they are cheaper than the Cabins.

That would be a tight fit! I agree with n2mm, AS Movies suites might be a good option or the cabins. The suite would be cheaper. If you want to explore staying off property, there are some really great deals on larger rooms and villa-type places and some are pretty close to the action.

We'll be there for a week with our 3 kids: 13, 10 and 6. We use our room for sleeping and changing clothes. We stayed a few years ago when the kids were 2, 6, and 9. Yes it's a lot of togetherness but we're at WDW! :)

I disagree that ASM would be cheaper than FW Cabins. I've looked into it, and depending on when you go, the family suites may or may not be cheaper. PLUS, I do not believe at this late date she would be able to get a suite. They usually sell out fast.

That being said, we stayed ar POR in October, and other member I know stayed there in September. Her family is closer to your ages. My kids were 9, 7, and 6. We were close, but at the same time, we had plenty of room and did not spend much time in the room to begin with.

We have stayed at POR with 3 adults and 2 children. It definately was crowded. But we were not in the room except to sleep and get dressed so it really didn't matter to us. We were just happy to be at DW.

I think it depends on your attitude wether or not the room will be too small for you. If you think you will need some space we do like the ASMu suites too.

WE have stayed at POR with 5 of us, two adults, and 3 kids (i believe they were 17, 14, and 10) and we were just fine! I would do it again in a minute. I would actually do it now with the kids being older if we were allowed to. You are only in your room to sleep and change etc. There is plenty of room for that. The curtain between the bedroom and bath area is great and provides plenty of privacy! It is one of the only viable choices for a family of 5 that wants to save some money.

By the way, we had thought that our youngest (who is very tiny) would use the trundle .....funny enough they all took turns sleeping on it, including our son who had to have been at least 5'10" at the time...now that was a funny sight!!!:rotfl:

It really depends on your family - how much togetherness can you stand? I have done it with my DH & 3 kids and with my mom, sister, & 2 kids. We had no problem at all. Well, it would have been nice to have another bathroom, but other than that it was just fine. We love this resort! It is our favorite.

Thank you for all of your input! We have already booked our trip....and I'm trying to save a bit of money since our flights to WDW were pretty expensive. I figure that we won't spend too much time there, maybe sleeping, changing, napping, but that's about it. It will be the Kid's first trip to WDW so I think they'll be pretty happy. Next time we go we'll consider getting something larger perhaps (depending on the deals that are available). I enjoy staying in the WDW resorts themselves rather than staying offsite because it seems that there is more "Disney Magic" in the air (that and the DDP) :)
:yay:

We stayed at POR in Sept. with 5 of us and we were fine. It was myself, DH DD(15) DD(14) and DGD(5). We did just fine. We basically were in the room to sleep and shower. Depending on the size of your luggage, you may be able to store them under one of the beds. We had one really deep one that wouldn't fit but were able to store others.
We will be staying at POR again when we return in December. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter