Five Guys Burgers & Fries

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
My DH picked this up for us for dinner the other night-our first time trying their food.

Burgers were huge & fresh & definitely tasted way better than "fast food" quality. I wasn't crazy about the fries, but have to give them credit for serving hand-cut.

That all said, my DH had horrendous indigestion afterward & I was feeling a bit heavy as well (only made it through half the burger, but I ate too much!)

Anyone else been to Five Guys? We might try it again, but next time split a meal.

We tried it for the 1st time last year on vacation. I'll agree about the fries, hubby liked them but then he likes most anything. Next time I will probably get just the burger, maybe even the smaller size that our granddaughter had. Best burger(fast food) I had in a long time.

I like five guys. But I definately prefer to have it on a day when I'm not eating any more meals. Lol. My kids love the fries.

We went there once for work, and it was fine, but DH is allergic to peanuts, so we don't go. Hard Rock Cafe has the best restaurant burger I've had lately.

Their fries taste like they forgot to wash the potatoes before serving them. :rotfl:

Smashburger is 1000 times better than Five Guys. Mmmm...Smashburger is sooo good.

My DH picked this up for us for dinner the other night-our first time trying their food.

Burgers were huge & fresh & definitely tasted way better than "fast food" quality. I wasn't crazy about the fries, but have to give them credit for serving hand-cut.

That all said, my DH had horrendous indigestion afterward & I was feeling a bit heavy as well (only made it through half the burger, but I ate too much!)

Anyone else been to Five Guys? We might try it again, but next time split a meal.

Tried them twice now, won't be a third time.

I am a burger and fries gal, and I've never been impressed by 5 guys. I do love their Cajun fries. I agree with pp, smashburger is amazing, and their fried pickles are awesome!

Went once and never again.

Just didn't find it as great as everyone kept telling us.
Or maybe we heard Guy Fieri mention it. I think he was paid off.

Not worth it.

We've had Five Guys in our area for quite some time. Their quality varies by location. The one near my office, with a lot of traffic, is awesome. The one by my house, not so awesome.

I always get the Little Cheeseburger and I stay away from the fried onions. Goes a long way towards helping the indigestion!!! The fries are good but need to be eaten right after ordering. I have carried them out on many occasions and they are always close to being "bad" if not eaten right away. If you get them right out of the fryer and eat them in the restaurant, they are quite delicious.

I rate Five Guys several notches above Wendy's, Burger King, etc. but not nearly as good as a restaurant-style gourmet bigger. They are definitely considered "fast food" to me.

I don't go there often because I definitely am very full afterward and I have had better burgers and fries but I really like them because they are so good for a gluten free diet.

They only fry their french fries so there is no fear of cross contamination and if you ask for no bun, they ask if it is an allergy. Then they tell you and show you how they avoid cross contamination. One person does your order. They continuously change gloves. They are incredibly attentive to the allergy and I have never gotten sick because of gluten from them.

Love 5 Guys! We always order Little Cheeseburgers and one order of fries for the whole family! Everything is hot and fresh... Definitely better than any other fast food chain!

We just got one a few months ago. The burgers are good but In-N-Out is still THE BEST! The fries are okay. Honestly I prefer good old McDonalds fries over the others.

We both really like 5 Guys, but it definitely has to be planned for as the burgers are very filling. We especially like the fact that the 'small' fries are anything but small. I do like the Cajun version, but they don't like me, unfortunately.

The burgers are OK, but I love the fries and will order the smallest burger and then get a small order of fries for just me!

Hey y'all, just remember some of us don't have:

In-N-Out Burger
Smash Burger
Steak N Shake

We have Five Guys. That's it. Compared to the other alternatives, it's pretty good!:)

Hey y'all, just remember some of us don't have:

In-N-Out Burger
Smash Burger
Steak N Shake

We have Five Guys. That's it. Compared to the other alternatives, it's pretty good!:)

That is true. When dh's dad was here to visit he made it a point to go to Steak N Shake. He lives in AZ.

We don't have In-N-Out Burger here in MO.

We got one last year and tried it once. Not a fan. To me, it seemed to be quantity over quality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter