• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Five adults staying on site with no car

Dazed

Mouseketeer
It's been a couple of years since my last trip but this site is always so helpful -thanks.:worship:
Usually I travel with my three lads and have coped easily with one room. Last time my youngest, then 17, slept on the drop down thingy at POR and professed to sleeping comfortably there!! We are both edge of the bed sleepers and prefer to spend the extra saved on other things! We shared for our usual night at Universal -we bring a single duvet cover which he uses like a sleeping bag liner. :)

This time my sister may want to join us which would be great. It will mean two rooms or a one bedroom at OKW or SS or maybe somewhere else?

Missed the free dining by the time I got around to looking for this year so am trying to be ahead of the game this time. I've enjoyed free dining before but lost a bit of spontaneity, and free quick dining which worked well at POR where the on site offerings are so good. I've worked out what the memory maker is -never 'bought' more than an odd ride photo before but I won't say no to a freebie -the £200 gift card would also be used -how long is it likely to be around?

So ideas please for best on site accommodation with 5 adults with no car.o_O

I would say given you are all adults you need two rooms. The one beds at Saratoga and OKW are for four people. I think that the cabins at Fort Wilderness have the free QS dining plan, a double bed (may be a queen don't know), bunk beds and a Murphy bed so they would sleep 5 and you'd have a bit more room too. Personally I couldn't do two weeks in one hotel room, any single hotel room, with 5 adults. Have you considered two rooms at a moderate hotel? You'd get two bathrooms as well there. Or there are the family suites at some of the value resorts. Some deluxe rooms sleep five. There was a sofa bed and two queen sized beds in our room at the Beach Club.

Thanks Scoobydooby. yes, I'm considering two beds at moderate. The advantage there seems to be £200 gift card for each room. The one bed at OKW came up when I had a look at the WDW site for 5 -not sure if the bed in the room is same size or smaller than the beds at POR which I know? I assume there is an extra roll out or something which might be fine.

Well I posted last week that the one beds at OKW are for five. A king bed, a double sofa bed and a single sofa bed, but was told they are for four? Looks like they are for five to me TBH. If I were you though I'd be tempted by two bathrooms at a moderate with two rooms. That said there's a shower and bath at OKW just in the same room. Not a problem of you wear swim shorts/bikini for two in there at the same time. That's what we will be doing in August!

I think a 1 bed at OKW sleeps 5, a king in the bedroom & a sofa bed & chair bed, you'd get full free dining there.

While a 1 bed at OKW can sleep 5, it may not be that comfortable for you all.
We have 3 adults and a 15 year old in our party and having stayed in a 1 bed villa at OKW 3 times now have truly had enough of sleeper sofas. They are okay for a couple of nights but we really have to have a real bed for everyone now.
If I couldn't afford/didn't want to pay for a 2 bedroom villa then it would need to be 2 rooms elsewhere .
Since you like Port Orleans anyway, I could see that as being a good choice for you all especially if you want to head to DTD in the evening.

You say onsite but have you looked at Bonnet Creek? We stayed in a 2 bed last Sept for £70/nt compared to around £400 for a 2 bed at OKW, even with free dining and free transport its still too expensive for me. WBC is as close as many Disney hotels, good luck with your research.

Thanks all. Lots to consider. Transport would be the big issue with Bonnet Creek I think Wayneg, though that was a great price. I won't drive over there although maybe as my son will be over 25 he could be persuaded. I think two rooms in a moderate might be best. Think I might like a change from POR though I have really loved it. I seem to think POR was usually the best value moderate but that seems to have changed.

Thanks all. Lots to consider. Transport would be the big issue with Bonnet Creek I think Wayneg, though that was a great price. I won't drive over there although maybe as my son will be over 25 he could be persuaded. I think two rooms in a moderate might be best. Think I might like a change from POR though I have really loved it. I seem to think POR was usually the best value moderate but that seems to have changed.
It is easier with a car but they also have a bus service (cost) If you did go for a car you need to work out rental fees, gas, parking etc.
Its ideal for us as we always have a car and prefer to eat offsite, 2 bed at WBC is certainly better than any Disney room we have had but go with best option for your family.

I have stayed at Pop and this time I am staying at the Hilton Double Tree suites in Lake Buena Vista, they have a free shuttle every 30 mins to the parks and you can walk to Downtown Disney from there. Every room is a suite so has two queens or a king in the bedroom along with a sofa bed in the living room. It may be a cheaper option....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter