Fitting in Seven dwarfs mine train

Status
Not open for further replies.
5'10" & 300 lbs here. I'm thick all over. Rode it twice and had no problems, but yes the space for your legs is extremely small. /QUOTE]

I'm in your boat-- interested to see how it shakes out in a couple weeks.

5'10" & 300 lbs here. I'm thick all over. Rode it twice and had no problems, but yes the space for your legs is extremely small.

I'm in your boat-- interested to see how it shakes out in a couple weeks.

My sister and I are both pooh size and we were both extremely disappointed with the ride. It didn't help that we stood in line for nearly 2 hours and then we couldn't even put our back packs on the floor of the ride. We had to hold them on top of the lap bar. My sisters legs were a sleep by the end of the 2 minute ride.

Rode today. I'm 6'3" and around 250. It was snug. It's a smooth roller coaster so I was comfortable. I rode with my 5 year old and I didn't crowd her.

I'm 5'11" or 6' and 185 pounds. I rode 7DMT a couple days ago and my knees were basically forced together because of the lap bar. The hard, contoured space for your butt is also very small, even for someone with an average build like myself. My wife is about 5'6" and 110 pounds and even she was a bit uncomfortable.

I imagine for someone that is bigger than me whether taller or wider, it would be very uncomfortable, or borderline impossible.

You and your DW are about the same size as DH and I are (although I am a bit shorter than your DW), and we had the same experience. I have never been even the slightest bit uncomfortable on any theme park ride, and I've been on tons of rides designed for children. 7DMT was the first time I've ever felt squished on a ride. I rode with DD, and DH was paired with someone from another odd numbered group. He sat with a little boy, and he was really glad that he didn't get paired with an adult.

I tried to keep the lap bar up as high as I could, but the CM had me click it down another notch. It wasn't a painful ride, but it was certainly not comfortable. I really don't think they could have created a more restrictive design if they tried. It's just really bad. I really like the ride and think it's very cute, but I wish they had designed the ride vehicles differently.

sounds similar to Expedition Everest. Bars for each seat, etc. Can anyone compare the two?

I'd say the spacing on the leg bar is at least 6 inches wider on EE. I can ride EE multiple times with no discomfort to speak of, but the bar on 7DMT left bruises after one ride.

My fiance is 6'1" and 295lbs and couldn't fit comfortably in the seat, so he didn't ride. The cast members asked several times if he wanted to exit and he did, so he did.

Never in my life have I see such a discrepancy in people's sizes and ability to fit/ride.

I've seen people comment that they couldn't fit, and they're much smaller than me.

I've seen people comment that they could fit, and they're much bigger than me.

I leave in two months, and I'm not gonna worry about it. But JUST IN CASE....I'm gonna try and drop about 20 between now and then. ;)

At the very least, this whole thread is a nice motivation to drop some lbs before our trip.

Never in my life have I see such a discrepancy in people's sizes and ability to fit/ride.

I've seen people comment that they couldn't fit, and they're much smaller than me.

I've seen people comment that they could fit, and they're much bigger than me.

I leave in two months, and I'm not gonna worry about it. But JUST IN CASE....I'm gonna try and drop about 20 between now and then. ;)

At the very least, this whole thread is a nice motivation to drop some lbs before our trip.

My 13 year old DD is about 5'2 and weighs around 80 lbs. Her teeny tiny butt barely fit in the molded seat.

I'm 5'2' and 200 lbs. I am not Pooh sized...I'm fat...and it's mostly in my bottom half. I went thinking it was going to be horrible and that my considerable backside wasn't going to fit in the teeny seats I'd been hearing about. I was prepared to have to squeeze in but I fit just fine and I fit very comfortably. My 6'0" tall husband wasn't uncomfortable either. I got off wondering what everyone was complaining about. Don't let people scare you off from riding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter