Fitness Centers/Gyms at the resorts

Spacepest

Mouseketeer
OK, so my husband and I are trying to finalize our plans for which resort to stay at for our next visit. One thing the resort MUST HAVE for him: a decent fitness center or gym. He wants to work out on his vacation (we already have a home gym and he exercises on a regular basis).

I know some of the Disney resorts have fitness centers, so for those of you DIS'ers that have already gone to them:
Which is your favorite or think is the best, and your reasons why?
I want to know--to help me decide on which resort to book our rooms.

Yeah, I think its odd that he wants to work out on his vacation, but hey, after looking over the resort amenities I realized that him requiring an onsite hotel with a gym means we won't be staying at the values. :lmao:

(And mods: if this thread is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it to someplace more appropriate).

All of the deluxes, as well as CSR, have fitness centers. Poly shares the fitness center with the GF; it has been newly redone.

You can also pay to visit a fitness center at one of these resorts even if you aren't staying there.

My favorites: SSR - it's huge and very nice; WL - rustic decor, never seems super crowded; AKL Jambo and Kidani are both nice as well

BC/YC seems small, but you have an amazing amount of running trails in that area, so it doesn't bother me as much. Same as with the Poly/GF one.

One thought on the Poly. Poly guests have use of the GF fitness center. I loved staying at the Poly and it is a short walk (5-10 minutes) to get there from any Poly room. It's mostly a walk on a path along the lake and could be a shorter scenic jog if you want. I think WDW uses Cybex in all their centers but I'm not positive.

We're staying at ASsports and I have confirmed that it is no longer allowed to use any fitness center unless you are staying at that resort. At least, not according to the rules. They used to sell daily and length of stay fitness center passes for people that weren't staying at a resort with a fitness center.

OK, so my husband and I are trying to finalize our plans for which resort to stay at for our next visit. One thing the resort MUST HAVE for him: a decent fitness center or gym. He wants to work out on his vacation (we already have a home gym and he exercises on a regular basis).

I know some of the Disney resorts have fitness centers, so for those of you DIS'ers that have already gone to them:
Which is your favorite or think is the best, and your reasons why?
I want to know--to help me decide on which resort to book our rooms.

Yeah, I think its odd that he wants to work out on his vacation, but hey, after looking over the resort amenities I realized that him requiring an onsite hotel with a gym means we won't be staying at the values. :lmao:

(And mods: if this thread is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it to someplace more appropriate).

I totally get it. We work out every day vacations included. I think all the gyms are adequate. I can't really say I prefer one over the other. I think they are all pretty similar in what they offer. The CSR gym was just as nice as the deluxe resorts if you don't want to spend the money on a deluxe.

I totally get it. We work out every day vacations included. I think all the gyms are adequate. I can't really say I prefer one over the other. I think they are all pretty similar in what they offer. The CSR gym was just as nice as the deluxe resorts if you don't want to spend the money on a deluxe.

Yes, I noticed the CSR had a gym as well. I'm considering booking there as well...the other business amenities at the resort would probably work better for my husband anyways. The rooms look nice, the only thing I don't like is the theme of the resort--I'm from the southwest USA, and to go all the way to Florida to stay in a southwestern themed hotel would be a bit bland.

I'm from southern California. The southwest theme is also popular here. I found the resort to be more South American themed and tropical .... example the "Mayan pool". I think the pool area is one of the best on property. Huge pool, huge hot tub, play area and arcade for kids. If you book a preferred room or business class you will be in a great location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter