• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fit Flops

DisneyMomChristine

Mouseketeer
Who has worn Fit Flops in the parks? I just learned about these!:cheer2:

I usually wear sneakers, but I HATE wearing socks and sneakers in the heat.
Please let me know your thoughts on Fit Flops in the parks!

OR, what are your go-to Disney shoes?

While I don't know if there were any actual "Benefits" to FitFlops, I wore a pair of TheraShoe flops on our last trip to WDW. I had brought several pairs of shoes because usually I need to switch out because my feet and legs get tired from wearing the same shoes.

With the TheraShoes, my feet never got overly tired, didn't hurt, and generally felt great the whole time. I do have high arches and need some extra support. The TheraShoes were perfect!

And if you do get some toning and tightening in those "areas", all the better! :thumbsup2

I have no idea if there are any health benefits, but I have worn them in the parks for our last four vacations and it did make a big difference.

I found I had less leg and back pain the next day after walking a full rope drop to close day at Mk and other parks.

I wear an old pair of running shoes.

If you do decide to try Fit Flops in the parks I'd buy them ahead of time and walk around a lot in them first. You don't want to wear them for an hour in the parks and then realize they are hurting your feel.

I wear orthoheel flip flops as I have plantar facisis (spelling) and achilles tendon problems along with flat feet. As others said try them out first and see if you can endure them. It's what you feel comfortable in.

With the TheraShoes, my feet never got overly tired, didn't hurt, and generally felt great the whole time. I do have high arches and need some extra support. The TheraShoes were perfect!

I also have high arches and wide feet, which means regular FitFlops don't fit me. I bought the Thera Shoes from KMart (I call them "FakeFitFlops") and I can wear them in the parks all day without pain. I wear orthotics in my regular shoes so I need good arch support in sandals.

It works best for me to alternate days in sneakers and the FFF's. This keeps my feet happy!

My mom just told me that she wore her fit flops everyday during her week long trip with my dad back in October and had no problems. She said she was especially glad she wore them when it started pouring down rain multiple days.

I love my fit flops! I have a dozen pair or so. I always wear them during the summer and when we went to DLR and WDW I wore them all day. They are really comfortable and the way the strap goes lower on your foot it stays on pretty well. I have a high arch so it's really comfortable for me. I don't know about the health benefits of getting toned legs, but I wear them because my feet don't hurt! Plus on water rides I don't have to worry about wet feet!

I still kick myself for not buying the black patent leather Mickey Mouse ones I saw in DLR years ago! :sad:

I've sworn by Birkenstock sandals for years. I always buy off-price on Ebay, then wear them around as much as possible so they form to the shape of my feet.

However, after picking up a pair of GoWalk2s by Skechers, I've found that these also are good for a day in the parks (as long as you also bring baking soda pods with you--if you wear them barefoot, they WILL retain smells if you're walking in the sun all day).

I wear orthoheel flip flops as I have plantar facisis (spelling) and achilles tendon problems along with flat feet. As others said try them out first and see if you can endure them. It's what you feel comfortable in.

Where do you buy orthoheel flip flops? I too have plantar facitis and regular flip flops hurt my feet.

To the OP, I have a pair of Mickey Fit Flops that I've worn in the parks - but not for an entire day. Usually only put them on at night when I know we will only be there for a couple of hours. Not sure if they tone or not, but they have a thicker sole than regular flip flops. They are actually the only kind of flip flops I can wear that don't hurt my feet.

As PP said, any shoes you plan to wear in the parks, try them out a head of time. You need to break them in and be sure they are comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter