Fit Flops??

paysensmom

DIS Veteran
Have you tried them? Are they worth the price? The thong in the middle looks like it would hurt between my toes. Any reviews?
Thanks

I hated them! I wore them walking around DTD DLR last Sept. for an afternoon, they hurt my feet! I very much prefer my Croc Flip Flops.
*I should sell mine ~ they're the Mickey ones.

I am nervous about buying new shoes now. I bought a pair of crocs for me to wear do Disney in 07 after all of the great reviews on here. I got a blister from wearing them in an hour:confused3
I have also been reading on BMT flip flops. Anybody have any experience with those?
Thanks for your input, please keep it coming!:thumbsup2

I love my fit flops. I wear them just about everyday in the summer. Also I have worn them walking around Disney and had no problems. My mother on the other hand, who has much narrower feet than me, albsolutely hated hers. She said they really hurt her feet.

I have Fit Flops. I suggest, like with most shoes, just wearing them around the house until they're broken in a little. It also takes a little time to get used to the thick sole and the way you have to walk in them. At first, it was a little uncomfortable for me, but I didn't get any blisters and it didn't hurt. Mine are broken in perfectly now and I still wear them around the house during the cold weather. I like them a lot.

I have a pair on the way right now :) I read the recommendations from people who have PF, so hoping they help my poor little feet as well.

I have unusual feet. Regular arches, regular width/size, no obvious issues, but big pressure points. And for some reasons, some shoes make my feet cramp horribly. The Crocs flip flops, for instance. Awful cramps for me, yet everyone else raved about them (and other flip flops don't make my feet cramp). And Clark Privos grip my achilles in such a way as to cause foot agony. Again I seem to be the only one. I'm hoping the Fit Flops are a winner for me.

Not completely on topic, but today I bought some J-41 sport sandals. Wow, like walking on marshmallows :thumbsup2

Being too cheap, I actually tried the TheraShoe flip flops from KMart - LOVE THEM! And only about $20. I have really flat feet and have worn them for HOURS without pain.

Love my FitFlops! I have an old pair of Walkstars that I wore the entire trip last year, despite bringing three other pairs of shoes. I had no pain, no blisters, no problems at all.

I bought two pairs of the Oasis this year, one pair in black and one pair in chocolate that I will be taking to WDW this year.

I love fit flops! I get a new pair each summer and wouldn't wear any other flip flop. I get used the support from the fit flop that when I put on a normal pair of flip flops it feels very uncomfortable!! Not sure if they really 'tone' my legs but IMO they are very comfortable!!

I LOVE my FitFlops! I got a pair for Christmas a few years ago and basically wear them all summer long! We were at Disney in August and I got Mickey ones as well. I agree with the other posts that say to wear them in at home first. I'm not sure I could wear them around a park all day - but did wear them to DTD. The middle 'thong' did bother me at first, but then I got used to it.

I love my fitflops. I bought a pair of the brown Mickey ones at WDW last April. I bought them toward the end of my trip so I can't vouch for them passing the Disney test, but I liked them so much that I bought a pair of brown & a pair of dark gray fitflop clogs for winter. Soooo comfortable and really warm! I want to get the black Mickey ones for this summer, or maybe some sequined ones - can't decide.

I love Crocs and have many styles, but my go-to for WDW touring is the clog - I never can remember if it's Beach or Cayman; it's the one with a range of size (ex. 6-7) because I wear a 1/2 size normally. I know for a fact I won't have any problems with my feet if I wear them, and to me very few things are more miserable than feet that hurt so I won't risk wearing anything else unless I know I'm only going to be walking less than a hour or two.

Fellow fitflop lovers, how do I know when my fitflops are worn out? The bottoms of my brown ones still look great, as well as the uppers, but what about the supposed benefits and/or support? I wore them nearly nonstop from Spring until Winter.

i LOVE fit-flops!!!
i started wearing them at wdw, and after 12 days of non-stop walking ~ all thru the parks, to/from the boardwalk/DHS/EPCOT ~ with literally no pain, added to my collection (i actually felt like i could still keep going and going at the end of the day)
i have over 10 pairs of crocs, including a few flip-flop styles, and there is no comparison. all my crocs (many never worn) are getting donated:sad2:

btw, i haven't noticed any difference in how my legs look, only that they feel incredible (i have a plantar wart attached to the bone in one foot, and the only time i'm not in pain from it is when i wear fit-flops:thumbsup2)

Another vote FOR fit-flops.

Prior to last summer I had never worn an 'open' shoe at Disney. Always wore tennis shoes or something with support.

However, at the beginning of last summer I purchased the fit-flops. I loved them from the start. So, I decided to take them to Disney for the pool area but found myself wearing them all the time -- even to the parks. They were extremely comfortable and my feet didn't hurt a bit.

I was also on a big 'walking' binge last summer as I tried to lose weight. I wore fit-flops on nearly all my walks. I lost a ton of weight ... but I don't think it had anything to do with the fit-flops ... just the fact I was walking 3 to 4 miles a day. :rotfl:

I love my fitflops. I bought a pair of the brown Mickey ones at WDW last April.

I bought these same ones at AKL in September and love them. I wore them to the parks and then everyday at work until it got too cold to wear them. My feet are usually pretty sensitive, and I was very happy that these were so comfy. No problems with the thong in between the toes either.

AKL only had the brown and gold Mickey ones that I got. Are there other colors with Mickey?

I saw 'black' ones at the Polynesian last summer. I had already gotten mine from Macys (with a 20% coupon discount) and just couldn't see myself spending the $50 price at the Poly .... but it's on my Mother's day list this year ...:goodvibes

Are there other colors with Mickey?

The only kinds I'm aware of are brown ones and black ones. The black ones are shiny black with the Mickey outline on top like the brown ones. I thought the brown fabric straps were more subtle and yet more interesting than the black ones, but I neeeeeeeed black ones. :lovestruc

I love my fitflops. I bought a pair of the brown Mickey ones at WDW last April. I bought them toward the end of my trip so I can't vouch for them passing the Disney test, but I liked them so much that I bought a pair of brown & a pair of dark gray fitflop clogs for winter. Soooo comfortable and really warm! I want to get the black Mickey ones for this summer, or maybe some sequined ones - can't decide.

I love Crocs and have many styles, but my go-to for WDW touring is the clog - I never can remember if it's Beach or Cayman; it's the one with a range of size (ex. 6-7) because I wear a 1/2 size normally. I know for a fact I won't have any problems with my feet if I wear them, and to me very few things are more miserable than feet that hurt so I won't risk wearing anything else unless I know I'm only going to be walking less than a hour or two.

Fellow fitflop lovers, how do I know when my fitflops are worn out? The bottoms of my brown ones still look great, as well as the uppers, but what about the supposed benefits and/or support? I wore them nearly nonstop from Spring until Winter.

Hi Mrs. Bradbury,

Like you, I go by the soles. My old Walkstars are a little battered on the straps, so I'll save them for walking the dog around the neighborhood. I feel like as long as the soles are ok, they should be fine (I can still clearly make out the FitFlops logo!):thumbsup2

I really like mine, I want to buy a 2nd pair, but I don't want to pay $50 for them. $35 is my limit on what I'll actually pay, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter