• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fiskars Shape Cutter or photo trimmer?

jenjie

DIS Veteran
Does anybody have the Fiskars Shape Cutter? If so, it is easy to use? I have a 50% off coupon for AC Moore and was thinking of either this or the photo trimmer. Which do you recommend?

I have the shape cutter. It took me quite a while to get the hang of it ( I almost flung it across the room one day, I was so frustrated! :rolleyes: ) but I use it now to make circles all the time!

I got it for like $25 at Superstore, but I wouldn't pay more than that for it!

for something completely different-
the Coluzzle template system.
I have bolth and I have only used the fiskars 2x - I couldn't get clean edges!
But I LOVE the coluzzle system! There are a million templates you can buy too!

my 2 cents-
PAttyT

I love my Fiskar's shape cutter I use it for letters and shapes other than the circles and ovals. For my circles and ovals I use my CM cutting system

If you don't have a decent photo trimmer then I would get that first. I haven't heard good things about the Shape Cutter, but I do like my coluzzle, BUT I use the trimmer on EVERY layout, and the coluzzle on maybe 1 in 10.

bev

Every one is right it is hard at first but read the instructions and do what it says and it is easier to use I love it now and I bought it right after mothers day . so youo get the hang of it rather quickly.

I have it and would use it more if I had more templates. I am thinking about getting the coluzzle system though. For circles and ovals nothing beats the CM system.

Thanks everyone for your input! After reading more about the coluzzle, I think I will look into getting templates for that since I already own the swivel knife. Maybe if I had followed directions it would have made sense.

Timon, I had to laugh when I read about you almost flinging the cutter across the room. I was in the same sinking boat. But I took the shape cutter to my LSS and they taught me how to use it. I don’t use it a lot but…… at least I now know how ta get a decent cut.
Jen, yep…read directions….. if I had read them, maybe the cutter wouldn’t have sat for so long. LOL

This may be a dumb question but does the Fiskar cutting system work on the coluzzle templates? Is the swivel knife easier than the fiskar's "thing"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter