Fishing question

jag90

Mouseketeer
I know I can get the guided trips, and can shore/dock fish on my own, but can I rent one of the pontoon boats and gear and fish on my own? DW and I have rented the pontoon boats before and rode around, I would like to do a little fishing this time. Nothing so structured as a guide, just riding around getting a line wet here and there.

TIA
Buddy

Disney does not permit fishing from the rentals in bay lake or fishing from the shore on bay lake. You can only fish on the canals and ponds within the Fort and only from the banks or bridges, no fishing from the canoes either.

Appreciate the help. Understandable, but disappointing that I have to have a guide with me to fish with a pontoon boat.

My husband loves to fish so I got him the guided fishing excursion for father's day , the guide was laid back and only helped when we needed him, we also caught 14 fish in two hours in July I think because the guide knew where to go, we saw lots of people fishing at the canal in Fort Wilderness on their own

jag90,

Why would Disney let you drop a line off a pontoon rental for $100 when they can force you to pay $$$$hundreds for the guided excursion? The one time I rented a pontoon boat I cruised over in front of the MK and shut down the motor just to float and enjoy the view. Within 60 seconds, a CM in a boat jetted over and asked if I was okay. I bet they were looking for rods and reels for an illegal fishing trip.

So if you want to float on Bay Lake or Seven Seas Lagoon and drop a worm into the water, you got to pay the Man. :confused3

Bama Ed

Buddy,

I will say that the "Official Guide to WDW" (aka known at the Steve Birnbaum guide) has a coupon in the back of it for a discount on the guided fishing tour. This book is an annual staple in my public library and I confess I have "liberated" the aforementioned coupon from the library book to give to someone else (the library ain't gonna use it).

Disney bought the Official Guide years ago through its corporate empire so it's no longer objective but you can still save a little bit of money that way if the coupon is still in the book. However I think the coupon applies only to specific time of day trips and not all of them across the board.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Disney does not permit fishing from the rentals in bay lake or fishing from the shore on bay lake. You can only fish on the canals and ponds within the Fort and only from the banks or bridges, no fishing from the canoes either.
1) Think of the problems if people could fish from rental boats.
. . . lines getting tangled in the propellers
. . . people snagging each other with the hooks, and in the middle of a lake with no immediate AMS
. . . people falling overboard in the excitement of reeling-in a fish
. . . fishermen casting at other boats for-the-fun-of-it
2) Liability abounds.
3) I think it is termed Permanent Employment for Lawyers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter