Fishing @ Aulani????

bfrosty

Mouseketeer
Searched the forums, but couldn't find an answer.

For those who have been to Aulani and locals....I've read that you don't need a fishing license for saltwater fishing. Is there a place at Aulani or nearby where you can cast your line out to sea?

Is there a place to get live bait? I was thinking about picking up a pole at Target.

We are going this June 2012 for a week.

Ps. Are there grills at Aulani? similar to HHI.

Thanks in advance for any/all help!
Bfrosty

The grills have not been installed yet. I don't believe there is anywhere to buy live bait. We always use dead stuff or you have to catch your own. You don't need a permit, but I haven't figured out if fishing is allowed around the lagoon area.

When we were there in February, there was always someone out on the lagoon fishing... to the left of the lagoon, up on the rocks.

Bunless,

Lagoon or Ocean side casting? I'd hate to land a hook in someone's back snorkeling in the lagoon :confused3

Thanks,
Bfrosty

When we were there in February, there was always someone out on the lagoon fishing... to the left of the lagoon, up on the rocks.

We were there a few weeks ago and there were several locals fishing in the evening from the rocks outside of the protected lagoon area, ocean side.
We never saw any bait advertised for sale anywhere in Kapolei (closest town)
But I'm sure you can find it somewhere or use something from the Safeway or Costco there.
Good luck.

It'd be great to snag a TUNA.....and grill it. Or I guess fix it in the room?

Thanks for the info....We can't wait.
Bfrosty

We were there a few weeks ago and there were several locals fishing in the evening from the rocks outside of the protected lagoon area, ocean side.
We never saw any bait advertised for sale anywhere in Kapolei (closest town)
But I'm sure you can find it somewhere or use something from the Safeway or Costco there.
Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter