• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fish Extenders?

Bumping...Still wondering.....:confused3

my guess is on the new ships those in Con level won't be able to participate unless they make arrangements with someone in another level to hang their fe on their fish. apparently those new gates are shut all the time and the only way you get in is with your room key - so that leaves them out since most people participating won't get into put their gifts in their fe.

I'm new to this! I want to know how FE even works or how to be involved in it when our cruise comes... Can someone please help me.. I have searched and searched and still have no idea.. Could someone send me a personal message?? I don't know how I even found this feed! Thank you!!

FE's are hung up on the Fish decoration that is beside the door. you can either make them or buy them. there are tons of photos in this and other FE threads showing what everyone put up and what their gifts were or what they received from others.

You look for the FE thread for your cruise and tell them you'd like to sign up. most cruises have between a dozen and 2 dozen rooms participating and it usually takes a few hours to walk the ship and put all your gifts in the FE's.

the cruise i was on was the first podcast cruise and almost 3 dozen rooms signed up for the FE. it took me ages over the 4 days of the cruise. it was very fun but it was a lot of work making all my gifts and then taking them around the ship.

This sounds like SO much fun! Thank you! I really would like to participate in this! My girls would LOVE it! Would anyone mind giving me some ideas of things that they give out?

This sounds like SO much fun! Thank you! I really would like to participate in this! My girls would LOVE it! Would anyone mind giving me some ideas of things that they give out?

August 16th Alaska Cruisers, DON'T LOOK! Nothing to see here....

I found a bunch of neat, Disney-themed card games, diaries (can also be used as autograph books for the little guys) toys, and other goodies at Michael's. For the adults, I bought Disney-themed lanyards at Party City and these ID holders at the Oriental Trading Company: http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/s...archMain&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=0 I'm going to iron-on a DISigner's design.

Thought i'd post this here... I just made my FE! I am not a very good seamstress at all, but did the best i could! Wanted to do it all on my own! Hubby didn't want names on it, so i put "mom" and "dad" on the buttons and "munchkins" on the minnie skirt. Don't have a dowel yet, but this gives you a peek!

fishextender by abcangie87, on Flickr

Thought i'd post this here... I just made my FE! I am not a very good seamstress at all, but did the best i could! Wanted to do it all on my own! Hubby didn't want names on it, so i put "mom" and "dad" on the buttons and "munchkins" on the minnie skirt. Don't have a dowel yet, but this gives you a peek!

fishextender by abcangie87, on Flickr

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm Will you hate me if we used your idea??? :confused3 I LOVE IT!!! :cloud9: And having a DS and a DD it would work perfect for them!!! :banana: You did a GREAT job on that!!! :thumbsup2

Go for it! I'm sure yours will prob turn out better than mine :)

NAH!!!! We have a sewing machine that I bought brand new about 10 years ago and my DW and I still don't know how to use it!! So ours will probably fall apart when the first gift gets put in it!!! :scared1:

DO you have to give EVERYONE in your group a FE gift EVERY day when you participate in the FE?

It's up to you. Some give one gift per day, some gift one gift per cruise. We had a small group of 12 cabins, so I had no problem delivering everyday. It only took me 20 minutes. I was super excited the first night and couldn't sleep. DH and delivered gifts around 1:00AM. It was also fun to hear folks delivering while in the cabin. The kids were so excited while the mom was shushing the whole time. Too cute!!

We came across two cabins who had FE's but weren't on our list. One even had a "Do you DIS?" sign on their door. Weird?

We love the excitement of delivering our FE Gifts !! We try to deliver them very late in the evening so they will be there when everyone leaves their cabins in the morning ! Is so cute to see kids sneaking around the ship delivering the Gifts and trying not to get caught !

We found our Fish Extender on Etsy.com

They have a lot of different designs for sale at reasonable prices.

Happy hunting!

Leslie

Here's mine! I love it. My aunt made it.

DSC_1679.jpg

DSC_1681.jpg

Here is my no-sew FE from our cruise last year... I had the ribbon, letters and mickey buttons on hand from scrapbooking but they are all something you could pick up at any store... The base was a shoe holder that I picked up cheap and cut to size...

IMG_3922.jpg

ok so it took me a few days but I finally read every post in this thread and I am super impressed with everyone's creativity! thanks to everyone who shared and to everyone else, keep sharing! :yay:

OK, so I need some creativity help from some of the most creative people I *know*! ;)

I've got this long red "thing" that I used when I was teaching. But, it's got WAY too many pockets (there's just 2 of us, and it's got 12 pockets. I hope I NEVER have use for all of those pockets! LOL!!! :lmao:) The "white" things are actually clear holders for pocket labels.

002.jpg
001.jpg

How can I "spruce" this thing up and make it look more Disney and more "FE" appropriate?! :confused3 All suggestions (no matter how horrible they actually are :laughing:) are MORE than welcomed!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter