Fish Extenders?

Does anyone have any new fish extender pictures to post? I love seeing everyones ideas and projects!

Heres mine. Ive posted in a different thread but just to help. You dont have to be CRAFTY QUEEN to make these. I didnt sew it at all. just used no sew glue. Worked great.
fishextender.jpg

So, I have a few questions since I have not done this in the past...

1) How do you sign up to be on the list? Where do I find the list, so I can put things in other people fish extender?

2) Do people only do this for repo cruises? We are going on a 4 night in Sept 08 & I would love to try this out then.

3) Can someone send me the pattern???

Check the cruise meets board to see if anyone has started a thread for your date yet... if they haven't YOU start one.
:thumbsup2

Then it just depends on whether the folks who are cruising with you want to get involved with an exchange or not.

I think in general folks do tend to get more involved in Dis activities like fish extender exchanges on the longer cruises, but the DVC folks certainly proved that you can do it on a shorter cruise as well.

I remember seeing these. Now I'm just finding the forum & we leave Friday. I don't know if I have time to make one (even if I could) or time to buy one (even if I could find one). Any suggestions???
AND..I see the decorations on the door...did you make them, did you buy them?

I still don't have one. I think I'm going to get to the craft store today and get the canvas tote bags to sew together. Hopefully they will have a nice iron on also.

I am getting ready for my first Disney Cruise. I would love to see pictures of everyones Fish Extenders. Also any hints or tips on making them would be great.

I do not sew and I think this is going to be as big of an adventure for me as the trip I think. :confused3

Thanks everyone.

Just wanted to show off my newly completed fish extender. It was inspired by LuvTheEars' extender, but I didn't get nearly as detailed with the finish work as she did.

IMG_6015.jpg

Very cute!! What are the actual recommended dimensions of an FE -- so it doesn't hang over into the hallway, etc.

If I remember correctly it's 8" but there is more information on the Dis. I posted a request for directions on the DisDesign board here is the link: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1711174

They can be purchased but I haven't seen one. Also they are available on EBay. On the Med cruise someone joked about using a paper bag and I made one out of paper for her, just for fun. WHen they worked on the boards a few weeks ago, our thread was deleted :mad: otherwise I could lead you to many pictures and directions for them.

Sandra

Just wanted to show off my newly completed fish extender. It was inspired by LuvTheEars' extender, but I didn't get nearly as detailed with the finish work as she did.

IMG_6015.jpg

Great job! This looks terriffic! And, Thank you for the shout out! :flower3:

For the person that asked size - I made mine 8" wide, but the dowl ends are longer than that by about 2".

Keep the pictures coming everyone!

Tiffany

A few people have mentioned finding these at a bargain store. What store have you seen the fish entenders in? I was thinking of .99 store, Dollar Tree, or any other store where they are cheap.
I would rather have one to start with and then add to it to make it cute!

Thanks!

1) How do you sign up to be on the list? Where do I find the list, so I can put things in other people fish extender?

2) Do people only do this for repo cruises? We are going on a 4 night in Sept 08 & I would love to try this out then.

I can't seem to find the answers to these questions....can some one please repost them? I'm going to try and make one....everyone had done a wonderful job on theirs!

lettie

In the first five-ten pages of this thread there are some great ideas of what to put in other people's fish extenders. Also, there are a couple of patterns posted too.

The only way I know of to get involved in one is to find a thread on the DCL section for cruise meets and get a group together there that wants to participate in the Fish Extender exchanges. People do them mostly on the longer cruises, but there are a few that do them on the shorter cruises as well. We are only doing a 3 day and I think we'll have a few families participating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter