• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fish Extender - Where can I get one?

Lisa0503

Proud DVC Owner - BWV & SSR
Hi - DH & I will be going on our 2nd Disney Cruise but this is the our first cruise where we plan in participating in some of the activities our fellow DisCruisers are putting together (our first Disney Cruise was a last miniute thing and I had only just found the disboards when looking for info on the cruise) Anyway, some of our fellow cruisers are talking about Secret Mickeys and things like that and it seems it would benefit us to have a fish extender to participate. I am not crafty AT ALL and would much rather buy a fish exender than even attempt to make something like that.

Is there anywhere you can buy a fish extender? Is there maybe a fellow Diser who has a side business making these? I have looked on e-bay but have no idea what to even search for ('fish extender' comes up with 0 search results) Thanks so much for any help you can give me!!!!

On ebay try looking under Disney organizer -- that may bring up something. I know that some people have purchased them (not known as Fish Extender) at Dollar Stores.

Hope this helps.

I purchased mine from Ebay seller davenbon92. Right now they have a few with Pooh - mine has a beach scene with Mickey and Minnie. You could always contact them to see if they are getting more M & M - if you are interested!:) Hope you find one you like!!!

I purchased mine from Ebay seller davenbon92. Right now they have a few with Pooh - mine has a beach scene with Mickey and Minnie. You could always contact them to see if they are getting more M & M - if you are interested!:) Hope you find one you like!!!
I just went and looked at 'davenbon92' auction and I couldn't find anything... :sad1: So far I have not found any. :confused3

hmmm - search "pocket organizer" - I'll go back to Ebay and figure it out....

edited - search "pooh 5 pocket organizer"!

If you look at the thread for the May 2007 "Ship of Thieves" cruise you will find a list of folks who are doing various activities - one of them being the couple that you can order a fish-extender from.

I've been perusing these boards for months and thought that I had all the lingo down. I had the mack daddy collection of cabin door signs on the Wonder last week but am now stumped.

What is a "Fish Extender"?????????????? :confused3

Seriously, is this a nautical thing or fishing thing? I live on a boat and have never heard of something like that....help!

I've been perusing these boards for months and thought that I had all the lingo down. I had the mack daddy collection of cabin door signs on the Wonder last week but am now stumped.

What is a "Fish Extender"?????????????? :confused3

Seriously, is this a nautical thing or fishing thing? I live on a boat and have never heard of something like that....help!

A fish extender is something that is hung from the "fish" next to your door, where people (other DISers) can leave goodies for you.

Thanks for the visual!!!
....I am now "down with the fish extender" and will have one on the next cruise! I have a whole year to find the perfect one. :cool2:

We picked up some Disney fabric at Joanne's Fabrics and are going to make our Fish Extender.

I had planned on attempting to perfect a pattern and begin making them for DisBoard members but I can't seem to find the time. I'll attempt to get this underway very soon!!!!

Whatdayathink? Get some dis-green fabric and then apply character transfers to the pockets? or just solid fabric with character transfers?

I used a Christmas stocking and decorated it with beads and other pretties. I attached a ribbon to the inside with safety pins and adjusted the length when we got to the cabin.
Decorating the door is one of my favorite things to do on a cruise!

If you look at the thread for the May 2007 "Ship of Thieves" cruise you will find a list of folks who are doing various activities - one of them being the couple that you can order a fish-extender from.
I think they were only doing this for the Repo. But it never hurts to ask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter