• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fish Extender Group- May 16, 2015 Fantasy 7 Night Western Caribbean

Vennessa R.

Earning My Ears
I know there are FE groups starting up for this cruise on other social media sites but if interested in joining this particular FE list please respond to the thread so we all can see it! For ease of scanning the board please make it look a little like this:

Robertson Family
Room# 8616
Mom (Vennessa) & Dad (Rex)
Liam (3) (Mickey Fanatic) (Allergic to Strawberries)
Colleen (9 months)

I will start up a spreadsheet also, anyone interested in getting the spreadsheet from me please PM w an email address where I can send the document. I will also try to RTF one through the PM system.

Let's close it 30 days out so people have a chance to get with the making or buying. I'm excited to get on this! Any thing that gives me something to work on for the cruise nerves...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STARTING THIS :stitch2:

I will keep an eye on this list to help you get a spreadsheet of all who want to join. I haven't figured out how to PM on here but ill get it soon, in the mean time i don't mind communicating via the forum. Also I will back track to those who posted on the last forum and add them to the list so that no one is excluded.

We have not received our room number yet but here is our info

Leslie (Mom), 27
Matt (Dad), 27
Nadya, 9 likes ariel & daisy duck, no allergies
Izaak, 5, likes Cars & Pluto, no allergies.

Last edited:
Hello!! Thank you so much for organizing! I'm not on any other sites either, so this is perfect. We had hoped to participate in a FE group a few years ago, but canceled our cruise when the whole family became members of a wedding party. Since then, we took a quick 4 night cruise on the Magic out of Galveston and loved it!! We're back for cruise #2 and ready to extend fish with all of you :)!!

We are:
Becky (mom), 33
Andy (dad), 35
Lydia, 7, no allergies and claims inability to choose a favorite character
Room#: still waiting!

Andy and I celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary on our day at sea on 5/21!
:love2:

Lyndibugmom,

Your lovely family has been added to this fish extender list! Can't wait to meet you!

Happy anniversary to you and Andy! (I will also be celebrating my 34th birthday during the cruise on the 18th, sooo exciting!)

Hi All,
This is my first time participating in the Disboard and our first Disney Cruise. We're excited!

Elisa (age 40)
Chris (43) - likes Mickey
Mia (8)
Elizabeth, but we call her Bethie (18 months)
In a separate storeroom but part of our family (how do you count that?) is my dad, Bob (82)
Rooms haven't been assigned yet.

Mia was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. She can have anything, but we have to count the carbs.

Our family has had a rough year with some deaths and illnesses, so we're using this as a fun time to enjoy a vacation together. I really look forward to the cruise and meeting some of you! Happy upcoming anniversary to the two posters above.

Mrsleezard your wonderful family has been added to the list! I can't wait to meet you all!

I think we are all just gathering numbers so far, I am putting up a chart with room numbers and such so the stateroom numbers can be added later. I'd say you have 2 staterooms, make sure both rooms have a fish extender (goodie bag) for treasures.

Just so everyone knows, I'm not trying to be in everyone's business with asking for ages and other info- I just want to try to make sure FE gifts are appropriate- I'm not sure an 82-year-old man would love a Cinderella sticker and not sure a bouncy ball would be right for a 9 month old baby.

If you want just let us know adult or baby or something else appropriate- as far as allergies, I would hate to have to give gifts that someone cannot even be near like something made of latex for a family with severe allergy- no one wants emergency at sea! I'd feel awful if it happened and was my fault for not checking.

Vennessa - You're such a thoughtful organizer. I fully support preventing emergencies at sea! Happy early birthday to you - what a delightful way to celebrate!

Mrsleezard - So sorry for your family's losses and other health concerns this year. Wishing you peace and many wonderful memories in the months ahead. If your dad does happen to love Cinderella stickers, you just let us know!! ;)

All - 67 days! This thread is good for my cruise planning itch. So excited! Have a great week, everyone!

Hello, this is Karly and I am very excited to have found this out! We have two families going on this cruise in two different cabins so we will both have fish extenders. My personal email is karlypaige827@gmail.com if you need to get a hold of me :)

MacLean Family: *SECOND DISNEY CRUISE*
Mike (54)
Allison (49)
Karly (18)
Room #:8061

Schulin Family: *FIRST DISNEY CRUISE!!!*
Joe (56)
Tina (54)
Terry *but we call him TJ* (19)
Room #:8065

(P.S BOTH OF OUR FAMILIES ARE DISNEY FANATICS!!!)

Last edited:
Hello, this is Karly and I am very excited to have found this out! We have two families going on this cruise in two different cabins so we will both have fish extenders. My personal email is karlypaige827@gmail.com if you need to get a hold of me :)

MacLean Family: *SECOND DISNEY CRUISE*
Mike (54)
Allison (49)
Karly (18)
Room #:8061

Schulin Family: *FIRST DISNEY CRUISE!!!*
Joe (56)
Tina (54)
Terry *but we call him TJ* (19)
Room #:8065

(P.S BOTH OF OUR FAMILIES ARE DISNEY FANATICS!!!)

Welcome to the list Karly!

The Schulin family and the MacLean families are added to the list! Enjoy!

We would like to keep this board open until May 1st so as many people as are interested can participate- if this does not work for you please let me know!

Also Leslie1027 had an amazing idea of trying to space out the gifts on the different nights to extend the fun. This is up to you guys, its your list too, if you want feel free to pass out gifts at any time.

I also have had some questions about if people are supposed to send presents every single night or only once; I'm no expert as this is my first FE list and my first Disney Cruise and my first cruise period but I plan on giving one present for the cabin to share and then some little surprises for the kids (even the adult kids) throughout the week; I know my 3-year-old will be beyond excited to find surprises throughout the cruise; I assume the other Littles will feel the same.

The count so far is:
Staterooms- 16
Adults- 30 (32) There are 2 adult kids so far; not sure how to count them they are adults but not over 21
Kids- 22

If there is a "?" I'm not trying to be rude, I just make no assumptions because it is 2015! If something is wrong please correct me.

Handle- Count

Vennessa R.- 2 adults (M/F), 2 kids (sun,3; daughter 9months)

Leslie1027- 2 Adults, 2 kids (daughter, 9 & son, 5)

Mama Jenn- 2 Adults (M/F), 1 kid (son, 7)

BGH- 2 Adults (F/M?), 2 kids (8 & 10)

Louisiana girl- Not officially on but interested 2 adults (M/F), 2 kids (son, 6 & daughter, 4)

SFTyner- 4 adults, 3 kids (daughter, 11, boy/ girl twins, 9)

Hampson8- 3 Adults (M/F/ F), 3 kids (son, 10; son, 8; daughter, 5)

disneymomoffour- 2 adults (M/F), 3 kids (17, 14, 10)

melglnh2o- 2 adults (M/F), 1 kid (daughter, 5)

momof2sweetkids- No info yet

bb4803- No info yet

lyndibugmom- 2 adults (M/F), 1 kid (daughter, 7)

Mrsleezard- 3 adults (M/F), 2 kids (daughter, 8; daughter 18 months) *2 staterooms

Karly MacLean (Room 1)- 2 adults (M/F), 1 adult kid (son, 19)

Karly MacLean (Room 2)- 2 adults (M/F), 1 adult kid (daughter, 18)

Its getting pretty exciting here!

Just got our room assignment #8578pixiedust:

Thanks a ton Vanessa!

Here is my though process behind assigning nights:

Each family can choose a scheduled night that they would like to pass out their FE gifts, this ensures that the little ones have a surprise waiting for them each night if we know that there is a "scheduled delivery". Depending on how long our list gets we have have anywhere from 1, 2, or 3 families dropping off per night. This is also convenient for those who only want to do one day of gift giving.

For those who would like to do more gifts or spread gifts out over several nights, they are also welcome to do so outside of their chosen delivery date.

But I'm up for whatever everyone would like to do ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Cheers!

On that note, from the adults over 21, is there anyone who would absolutely prefer to NOT receive alcohol as a FE gift? Spoiler, sorry. Just want to ensure all gifts are appropriate ;)

Hello! We are frequent cruisers and super excited to be on DCL the first time! Love the unique FE idea!
YEUNG Family from Toronto, Canada - 1st Disney cruise
Stateroom #8053
Dad Peter (34)
Mom Fiona (32)
Baby Felix (22 months) - recognizes Pooh, will learn all about the other characters on this trip!

We are travelling with another family as well, they will post their info shortly!

Hi everyone! This is our first DCL cruise as well, though my daughter had been to WDW once already when she was 5 months!
I've been friends with Fiona and Peter for over 10 years and our kids were born only two months apart! We're really excited about having this vacation together :)

Our info:
McGee/Wang Family Stateroom #:8546
Dad Stephane (e with an accent, so it's Steven in French) 39
Mom Jenny 32
Baby Madeleine, will be 2 years old by then! (her birthday is May 13). She recognizes Minnie, Micky and Donald! No allergies.

p.s. we don't mind receiving alcohol just to answer Leslie1027's question

Fiona So- your wonderful family of 3 has been added to the list!

ayz75- you have been added too! Can't wait!

Stephane- thank you for the name info, in 2015 we can't make any assumptions! Glad to have you!

Let me be clear, we only officially have 8 cabins so far, we do have 9 more that have expressed interest but have not committed either way!

If we only end up with the 8 cabins we could do some really neat things! My son (3) and I have been trying to come up with fun ideas.

Also everyone with Littles, there was a site called "Babies Travel Lite" that Disney recommends that would send orders of baby supplies to the cruise ship- IF YOU WANT TO USE THEM PUT YOUR ORDER IN NOW! They are discontinuing the service soon- there has been 2 schools of thought why, one is Disney will not allow them to continue (presumably wants a bigger piece of the pie) or DHS has decided to limit access to cruise ships- I do not know either way and don't care we have found our own work around. (We are just packing everything we will need: baby food, diapers, etc. in a separate suitcase and checking it.) Please be aware all the information I can find says you can only mail one box to the cruise ship- if you're planning on mailing pirate gear, FE gifts and baby gear that's going to be one mighty box.

I only put this in because there's quite a few of us in this group with Littles of diaper and pureed food age.

Is there any chance that we could officially close our participation list at 30 days instead of May 1st? My work schedule is rather unforgiving over the 2 weeks prior to cruising. I'm looking so forward to shopping/creating for our group (especially the little ones and "big" little ones!) and would be most appreciative of the extra time. A small group could definitely have its perks!!

I had originally suggested May 1st but you guys are right and 30 days before would be best; I started to stress about timing too.

I'm ok with that or with what everybody else agrees to :earsgirl:

Lydibugmom, yes a small group will def. have perks!!

I have no problem with the earlier closing either! Smaller group means I can be more creative with my gifts. Plus, better for luggage room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter