Fish Extender Gifts

maybe combine the candy and disney bags? Or do 2 bags at one time?:confused3

the only place I've been to in NJ is Bayonne and I'm not sure I'd want anything from there. Unless you brought a hot dock worker.

Well, bayonne is the "other" NJ. You see, we really should be two states, north jersey and south jersey. We really are that different in many ways lol. I wouldnt want anything from bayonne either, so I dont blame you. ;)

I wouldnt mind getting a cheesesteak in my FE (if it was from Tony Luke's):thumbsup2 .

I thought about the salt water taffy thing, but I also dont know how they would hold up. :confused3 I think I may go more of the Disney/Cruise/Tropical/Pirate routes than something from the good ol' garden state. :rolleyes1

Hey Hidden Mickeys, We're from South Jersey also. I'm going to include some of those mini packets of Wawa coffee in my FE, or maybe Melitta coffee since they are located in Cherry Hill. I also did a search for Cheese Steak magnets a few weeks ago. There's a site with Phila. items that sold them, but I can't remember the name. Also, Campbell Soup has a web site and they sell little packets of mints that look like a soup can.

Have fun with your FE exchange!

Hey Hidden Mickeys, We're from South Jersey also. I'm going to include some of those mini packets of Wawa coffee in my FE, or maybe Melitta coffee since they are located in Cherry Hill. I also did a search for Cheese Steak magnets a few weeks ago. There's a site with Phila. items that sold them, but I can't remember the name. Also, Campbell Soup has a web site and they sell little packets of mints that look like a soup can.

Have fun with your FE exchange!

Great ideas, will have to check them out, thanks!:thumbsup2

I'm doing goodie bags for the children of Pirates and Princess and then doing something a little larger for the adults. Then I am going to add a postcard from my home state...

My kids were THRILLED to get candy from our FE exchange - things that I won't buy them like candy-bracelets and Nerd Ropes.

Fun stuff for pirate night like beads and eye-patches and plastic pirate rings are fun, especially if someone hasn't necessarily planned on dressing up - it's enough to add a pirate flair.

Temporary tattoos, colored pencils, small activity books are also great ideas for kids. Actually kids are pretty easy to figure out stuff for - we get a bit stumped for adults.

On the Med. cruise, it was fun because our group was from all over the US AND all over Europe, so the gifts were more representative of the hometowns / countries

Keep the ideas coming - and thanks to all who have shared pictures of their loot!

can someone tell me about the CD that was given away? I would love to do this!!

another question: I'm driving in to port, so how is the best way to get my FE goodies on board? box up and drop off w/luggage, put in another piece of luggage, really do not want to have to carry on. What is the best way?:confused3

What a nice idea. How are these gifts delivered? Are the gifts left outside the stateroom door? Does everyone hang a small tote or something on their door knob?

Okay, how about meatballs, a live frog, an onion and a glob of play-dough for the kids?

What a nice idea. How are these gifts delivered? Are the gifts left outside the stateroom door? Does everyone hang a small tote or something on their door knob?

You deliver your batch of gifts whenever you have time. Some cruisers set up specific days and take turns so that you'll get surprises each day. Check on the DIS Meets link to see if your sailing has a thread yet.

Most people hang a bag from the metal silver fish that's outside of every cabin door. Those bags are affectionately refered to on the DIS Boards as "fish extenders". There are several threads devoted to how to make your own. :)

You deliver your batch of gifts whenever you have time. Some cruisers set up specific days and take turns so that you'll get surprises each day. Check on the DIS Meets link to see if your sailing has a thread yet.

Most people hang a bag from the metal silver fish that's outside of every cabin door. Those bags are affectionately refered to on the DIS Boards as "fish extenders". There are several threads devoted to how to make your own. :)

Ohhh - Okay - I'll do a search. Thanks for the explanation of where the name comes from - I was wondering.

We sail October 4th and we have 12 staterooms participating so far in our FE goody trade.
We are each assigned a day and we are to deliver our goodies during that day.

I got most of my stuff at the Dollar Tree. They had a huge assortment of Disney related items. I am handing out (vaious Disney character themed) 2 small notebooks, pens, stickers (the stickers actually have 100 in each pack!!!), and Tink Post-It's.

I'm also thinking about giving away either Hershey's Candy or Salt Water Taffy. I LOVE the idea of the small WaWa coffe packets!

My cruise meet thread only has myself and one other DISser. And it's only a 3 night, so I doubt there will be FE gifting. :(

For those that are doing FE's....Target has Nemo and Little Mermaid stuff in the most recent Dollar Spot selections. I saw sandwich baggies, wipe-off boards, and other cute little things. If nothing else, I can hang the wipe-off boards on our door for notes.

If you have a TDS that's closing, you can find some good deals there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter