• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fish Extender gift ideas -- for the not-so-crafty cruiser

I haven't done the Fish Extender thing yet, but if I get the gist of it, there are all kinds of wonderful little $1 disney things for kids at Michael's right now--I bought my daughter an autograph book and a huge Tinkerbell pen, and each was $1. Most of them were Princess, Tinker Bell, or Cars themed. They also had boxes of crayons and pens you could wear around your neck.

I've been using the magnetic bookmark since the cruise, and I absolutely love it. The pens are wonderful, and I hope to use these ideas for our next cruise.

Thanks to all who are willing to share :surfweb: their great finds and crafting ideas with all of us.

I found a great selection of 99 cents Disney favors at Party City.

I am not crafty at all, but like getting the party favor items and making party "loot" bags!!

I've been using the magnetic bookmark since the cruise, and I absolutely love it. The pens are wonderful, and I hope to use these ideas for our next cruise.

Thanks to all who are willing to share :surfweb: their great finds and crafting ideas with all of us.

Oh, I know what magnetic bookmark you're using! So glad it's useful!

Can you please explain the fish extender thing and how we can become part of it. We will be taking our first cruise next year.

Hi yesmylove

Check out the Cruise Meets and look for the cruise you are going on. You can arrange to do a fish extender with others on your cruise.

I am going on the Magic on March 12th and we have a group organized if you want to check out the discussions to see how it is being arranged.

Have fun.

Our Target stores here in Texas have a ton of little Disney stuff all $1...princesses, cars, pirates. Just for some ideas!

Don't peek if you are on my FE list! (please)

Well, I had thought I had the adult FE gifts wrapped up. I ordered these cute little mint tins and got them personalized for our cruise. They are common for weddings and you fill them with tiny mints like round tic tacs.

So, they came out pretty good, but then I got thinking, these mints won't actually be sealed. Would you think it strange, icky etc... to receive this?? People can just throw the mints out if it creeps them out, but that's not the point. Maybe I should be thinking of something else to put in them, but what? The tins are just under 2" square.

HELP!!

Isn't there an option for a no sew FE? I know I saw one somewhere. I am going to get cruise theme gifts. Compass, binoculars, gold treasure coins etc. I want to make something that they can keep but I cant think of anything I can afford! lol I would like to do some sort of shirt but the shirts themselves cost $4 each.

* so not an FE question....WHERE do you get your mickey dresses? You have oodles!!
And I LOVE that Epcot one!
PLEASE read this and TELL!!

**If you're in my FE group, don't read this possible spoiler!** :)

Anyone have suggestions for a graphic designer? I can do just about anything on a computer, but I'm not as confident in my crafting to make some of these creative FE gifts I've seen.

I was thinking about giving the adults a CD that would include fun borders and other elements that they could use on their own photos from the trip (like a digital scrapbooking package). Do you think that would work? Or would that be too "digital" for some people??

Anyone have suggestions for a graphic designer? I can do just about anything on a computer, but I'm not as confident in my crafting to make some of these creative FE gifts I've seen.

I was thinking about giving the adults a CD that would include fun borders and other elements that they could use on their own photos from the trip (like a digital scrapbooking package). Do you think that would work? Or would that be too "digital" for some people??

What about designing a magnet for everyone's door?

As a scrapbooker, *I* would love that, but I don't think it would be something the 'average' person would use or know how to use. ArtsCow runs specials for free books (just pay shipping), all the time. How about a small autograph book, or a hidden Mickeys on the ship book?

Target also has Avengers dry erase boards. We have a Phineas and Ferb one that we use to write messages (where we've off to...etc). I've given a few as FE gifts. :)

Ginny

Just discovered this thread! What great ideas! I hope our cruise meet ends up doing a FE exchange. Right now there are only 3 groups on the cruise meet. :( Hopefully more join in. I really want to order a FE (sooo not crafty enough to make one - HA!) but should probably wait to see if there will actually be an exchange or not.

Also - do you attach any sort of message or card to the gift(s) so they know who it's from or is it supposed to be annonymous? Thanks!

One of the things I included was a business card with a Mickey & Minnie image on the front, "Enjoy your cruise from the XX family" and a tip chart on the back.

hurleysweety said:
**If you're in my FE group, don't read this possible spoiler!**

WISH you were on MY cruise cuz I would absolutely FLIP over that!! LOL!!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

I just got off the Fantasy on Saturday and if someone would create a card with a small magnet on the top to fit in the device you are supposed to put your KTTW card in to make the lights work, would be wonderful! I HATED having to take out my key from the lanyard! If a small card had a magnet on it, we could have stuck it to the back of the door when we were in the room and taken it out and stuck it to the bathroom door when we left the room.

Just a thought. :)

BAT said:
Exactly what type of card would do that?

On another thread, DISers are stating any type of hotel room key or even business cards. Have yet to try as I sail next month. I am taking an old RCCL card to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter