fish extender gift giving etiquette

Yes. I'll send you a PM with the link where we had them made. It was a lot of fun deciding what to do and designing them for the FE.

web-Pirate-Flag-Black-07030.jpg

Those are fantastic!!! I didn't want to share with the kids but had the dilema of them both trading for pins. DS came up to me one day so happy that he had found a pin for our cruise....a 3rd pin!!! No more dilema. LOL!

Great thread!

I'm actually going in on a group gift. About 5 or 6 of us are combining our monies to give a better gift. Then we can also share the responsibility of delivering the gifts. Saving us precious vacation time.

What about if you are traveling without kids? Is is still fun to participate?

Here is a picture of our FE from our cruise last December.
100_1394.jpg

We only had about 8 rooms participating in the exchange. It seems like most of us had stuff for each day to deliver. We all put something from our homestate in there. We had some ornaments, some pencils, postcards, candy, pirate stuff. It was a lot of fun.

Our gift was actually one per family so I crossed off the staterooms that were linked. It ended up being around 124 and yes DS and I walked the halls delivering to everyone. There were always people out delivering. I don't think any of us knew what we were getting into. LOL! :rotfl2:

I thought it was a lot of fun running into people delivering :thumbsup2

And when we were looking for the "chest" room for the FE poker cards.pirate:

Yes. I'll send you a PM with the link where we had them made. It was a lot of fun deciding what to do and designing them for the FE.

Great!!! :thumbsup2

I thought it was a lot of fun running into people delivering :thumbsup2

And when we were looking for the "chest" room for the FE poker cards.pirate:

Hey, I think resemble that last remark! LOL!

We were on the same cruise and we delivered to everyone on the list. :)

My gift was one per cabin. I think most people's are 1 per cabin.

we delievered out gift as one per cabin too.. and yes we delivered 139 cabins.. broke it in a few days but it was easy as so many people were on 6 and 2.

yes it is even more fun.. and besides you don't have to share the candy with them..LOL

Oh that was one of my favorite FE gifts too! I also wondered how you got those made... very cool! :)

Each cruise is different. On our most recent, there were only 9 cabins participating. We did a sign up on the cruise meets section and closed it about a week before sailing. We also specified that gifts were to be minimal in expense, and focus on creativity. I've read of groups that did a price limit--we didn't specify, but only said "not costly." Each cabin was expected to give at least once, but certainly not every day. Most of us counted people--kids and adults separately...but some did "cabin" gifts.

Items included....Postcard of Magic in port, stickers, individually wrapped candies, pens/pencils, drink cup (small size, nice for excursions), magnets, Disney character note pad, "princess" bracelet, pirate tattoos, pirate eye patches, etc.

To keep it inexpensive, think dollar stores, things that come in bulk packages.....after Halloween sales (for pirate stuff). Like a package of 10 pencils might be $1 or $2. Anything with a pirate, ocean, or Disney theme works well.

yes it is even more fun.. and besides you don't have to share the candy with them..LOL

Yep, what geffric said! :thumbsup2

One cruise a friend and I went together on suprise gifts for about 20 cabins of DISers...as you know Wally, since you designed the logo for us! :thumbsup2 :lmao: Why don't you just use that? (that's why I haven't mentioned what went in the bag....just in case....the time of year were you can easily buy what goes inside is right around the corner....wink, wink).

The above mentioned cruise didn't have a full blown FE exchange though we did have a secret Mickey exchange that folks signed up for. So there were guidelines for that agreed upon in advance.

For our WB Panama, because there were so many of us, we did FE teams. The teams had a specific day to deliver their gifts and each team determined how the gift was distributed. Some teams may have had a 'one per kid' deal or 'one per family' for the DISers that said they were participating in the FE exchange. Our team did dry erase boards with our logo, so we determined from the get-go that we wanted to give one to every stateroom that had a DISer on board. I think we just made it by the skin of our teeth! :upsidedow

I have just come back from the 5 night special cruise on the Magic and I delivered to all of the 127 cabins on the roster. I did decks 6, 7 and 8 in the afternoon of the Castaway Cay Day and then 2 and 5 on Friday. It took forever.

dolphingirl47

"Forever" being about 2 hours total for Hubby & me - probably wouldn't have taken so long if I hadn't had to stop and photograph every fancy door and extra special FE. And, we had the families on the "Deb & Steve" cruise to do, too. And talk about LOOT! I had an enormous sand pail FULL of goodies by the end of the trip. (No kids and the teddy bears don't rummage)

When we got back to the world, I spread it all out on a big towel to photograph the contents and then divided it up into scrapbookable, candy, pirate, etc. The candy got divided into "we'll eat it" and "we won't ". The later I put in a trick or treat bag with a note for the housekeeper's children. She was SO happy! We had a menagerie of towel animals THAT day, I can tell you!

I hand made my FE gifts using photos and scrapbook supplies. I figger for 150pieces it took me about 20 hours and cost around 40 -50 cents each. Could have done cheaper and easier, but it was fun to do and helped the time pass until the cruise. I also bought some extra little things for a few people I'd gotten a little closer to, on the thread.

It is so much fun to spread pixie dust! It's not what "stuff" you get out of it - you'll never know if everyone gave or not, and, in my view, it doesn't matter. You get the "magic dividend" by the effort, creativity, imagination you put into it. :goodvibes

I hand made my FE gifts using photos and scrapbook supplies. I figger for 150pieces it took me about 20 hours and cost around 40 -50 cents each. Could have done cheaper and easier, but it was fun to do and helped the time pass until the cruise.

Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking but what exactly was it that you made - it sounds very creative and not expensive at all. I am looking for ideas for my FD exchange for my cruise in 5 weeks. I have a couple of halloween themed ideas as we are on a halloween cruise, but could do with some more inspiration! Thanks.

We were also on the EBPC cruise and the 5 day after. So we had to bring two different sets of FE gifts to deliver. MY sister and her DH delivered them for the PC and then the four of us split the delivery for the 5 day. It took DH and I about an hour to deliver our portion about 65 FE gifts. We loved getting stuff everyday and seeing how clever and creative everybody was. My favorite gifts were the dry erase board and the new magnets on our door eveyday. We came home with a collection of them that now reside on our fridge and remind us everyday of the great 3 weeks we had on the Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter