• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fish Extender Etiquette

Sotong

Earning My Ears
I wasn't sure whether to post this question or not as there won't be a right or wrong answer just opinion, but here goes!

Do you put your name on the fish extender gift, I had it in my head that it was like secret Santa but then have seen others make great to and from name tags.

Thanks

I wasn't sure whether to post this question or not as there won't be a right or wrong answer just opinion, but here goes!

Do you put your name on the fish extender gift, I had it in my head that it was like secret Santa but then have seen others make great to and from name tags.

Thanks
Some do, some don't. Yes, it originally started as a Secret Santa type exchange (no names). But now, some people like to keep track of who gave and who didn't. Others don't care so much.

We tend to give out 1 big gift, and then some smaller ones throughout the cruise. We will put our name on the bigger gift, but not necessarily the smaller ones. That way, at least people know we gave something for our FE. But it is dealer's choice. It is supposed to be fun, so just have fun with it!

Personal preference........I am one that likes to keep up with who all actually "participates" in the exchange. There is a small percentage of people that sign up for the exchange, hang their FE, receive gifts, but don't actually give anything in return. IMHO the tags might make people more responsible.

When I did FEs I tagged my gifts because I know I liked knowing who to thank for what. And I felt it was more personal that way. For me. Everyone is different. If the OP enjoys the thought of being a sweet little gifting elf, I think that's wonderful!

I've never put my name or cabin number on an FE gift. I've also never kept track to see if all the people in my group participated. Admittedly, I get more pleasure out of giving the gifts that I do in receiving them. Not that I haven't gotten some wonderful things over the years, but I really enjoy making mine and hope the people that get them enjoy them.

I always label with our name and cabin number. There are no rules, you can choose to do what you want :)

Thanks

Hi Gillian, we are a family of 4 from Boston. We also were too late for the FE group. We have 2 daughters (9,14) and would love to connect.

I included our information on ours. We were part of a "Pixie Dust" group so I wanted people to know that we were giving them some love and not just putting out our extender and being greedy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter