Fish and Chips: CS vs. TS?

parkhopmom

Mouseketeer
Fish and Chips at the counter service in Epcot's UK is always a must do for my husband. The last time we were there he was a little disappointed with the portion size, and of course having a hard time finding a place to sit and eat it. I was wondering if it was worth the extra cost ( I think $10 more) to have our Fish and Chips in the Rose and Crown. It would be nice to have a place to sit and enjoy our meal, but if the portion is the same size as the counter service portion, I'm not sure it would be worth it.

Any opinions?

I know you can ask for another fillet of fish at the QS outside and it's an extra $3.00 or so. We do this all the time and even with getting three fillets, it is still cheaper than the TS inside. I believe it's around $13.50 (outside) for three fillets and chips. I would not believe the portions inside would be any larger than three fillets and it's $20.00 or so.

As far as a place to sit and eat. There is a nice patio area to the left of the Rose & Crown that we always sit at to eat and watch Illuminations actually when we go to see that show. The table do not move and there is enough chairs for maybe 25-30 people to sit. We have never had an issue finding a seat over there.

This is a great question. I really love the fish and chips from the counter service location. We are trying Rose and Crown this year and have debated on trying the fish and chips inside.

You can also order an extra order of fish with no chips to share between a couple people - we always have too many chips and want more fish. My plan next time for our group is order two with chips, and then get 4 without to share so we have lots of fish and a few chips!

Fish and Chips at the counter service in Epcot's UK is always a must do for my husband. The last time we were there he was a little disappointed with the portion size, and of course having a hard time finding a place to sit and eat it. I was wondering if it was worth the extra cost ( I think $10 more) to have our Fish and Chips in the Rose and Crown. It would be nice to have a place to sit and enjoy our meal, but if the portion is the same size as the counter service portion, I'm not sure it would be worth it.

Any opinions?

Here are the comparisons:
Rose and Crown
rose-crown-pub-and-dining.jpg

Yorkshire County Fish
yorkshire.jpg

I will say that both places, the fish used to be larger and Rose and Crown served 2 pieces in the past but not in the past couple of years. They are both DELICIOUS but personally, I would save the money and eat at Yorkshire.

I know you can ask for another fillet of fish at the QS outside and it's an extra $3.00 or so. We do this all the time and even with getting three fillets, it is still cheaper than the TS inside. I believe it's around $13.50 (outside) for three fillets and chips. I would not believe the portions inside would be any larger than three fillets and it's $20.00 or so.

You can also order an extra order of fish with no chips to share between a couple people - we always have too many chips and want more fish. My plan next time for our group is order two with chips, and then get 4 without to share so we have lots of fish and a few chips!

:disrocks: I had nooooo idea you could order a piece of fish ala carte or just an extra order of fish with no chips. When you order an extra order of fish with no chips, do you get just 2 pieces of fish and you pay less? or do you get 1 extra piece of fish and pay the same?

:disrocks: I had nooooo idea you could order a piece of fish ala carte or just an extra order of fish with no chips. When you order an extra order of fish with no chips, do you get just 2 pieces of fish and you pay less? or do you get 1 extra piece of fish and pay the same?

The Fish & Chips from the Yorkshire County Fish Shop are cheaper than the restaurant itself, though you get the same portions. Inside ($19.99) Outside ($13.94) and that's even with three pieces of fish. With just two pieces it's only $9.49.

When ordering "just" the fish, there is one piece and no chips. To me, the portions look to be the same size, so again, I would eat outside and save some $$$ and have some good views and people watching outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter