Firsts, Fourths, and Farewells (4/28 Back to the Future!)

Yeah - I'm actually catching an update when I can SEE your pics. And they are wonderful pics of the kids and the characters. Actually, the pics of the parents and the characters aren't too bad either. ;) Fun update!

Yeah - I'm actually catching an update when I can SEE your pics. And they are wonderful pics of the kids and the characters. Actually, the pics of the parents and the characters aren't too bad either. ;) Fun update!

Yeah, the kids do take better pictures, don't they? :goodvibes

Great trip report!

There is a lot to do at Conservation Station though. We have spent over an hour there. So much to see and learn and we have seen Vet care and live animal handlers coming out with snakes and such. You can really learn a lot. We had fun with PUSH the trash can here in 2006.:goodvibes

Great trip report!

There is a lot to do at Conservation Station though. We have spent over an hour there. So much to see and learn and we have seen Vet care and live animal handlers coming out with snakes and such. You can really learn a lot. We had fun with PUSH the trash can here in 2006.:goodvibes

We actually looked for the trashcan - isn't it a recycling bin in Animal Kingdom?
I heard it was a "cousin" of Push named Pipa (swahili for trash can).
But I believe Pipa likes to say his name means "Plastic is Pretty Awesome" since he recycles plastic.
We've met PUSH tons of times but we've never seen Pipa.
Is he even around anymore?
And has anyone met Wes Palm the talking Palm Tree at Animal Kingdom? :confused3

Those stock photos are great! I love the ones of the three of them together and Eeyore holding his ears out! Super cute!!

Those stock photos are great! I love the ones of the three of them together and Eeyore holding his ears out! Super cute!!

Yeah, I was pretty happy when Disney threw those in.
There's some more coming as well.
Stay tuned...

We actually looked for the trashcan - isn't it a recycling bin in Animal Kingdom?
I heard it was a "cousin" of Push named Pipa (swahili for trash can).
But I believe Pipa likes to say his name means "Plastic is Pretty Awesome" since he recycles plastic.
We've met PUSH tons of times but we've never seen Pipa.
Is he even around anymore?
And has anyone met Wes Palm the talking Palm Tree at Animal Kingdom? :confused3

Yes you are right! It was the Recycle Trash can. I looked at the picture! My DD reminded me she put a water bottle inside as well! I don't recall seeing PIPA in 2008. I have never met the Tree but sounds like it could be fun a fun thing if they haven't taken him away as well.

It was maybe 2 years ago. The last few trips we've had early adrs at Tusker House so we haven't been queued up to know if he's there or not.

Yes you are right! It was the Recycle Trash can. I looked at the picture! My DD reminded me she put a water bottle inside as well! I don't recall seeing PIPA in 2008. I have never met the Tree but sounds like it could be fun a fun thing if they haven't taken him away as well.

I haven't heard much about either recently and think they both might be gone.
Which is a shame since we adore PUSH and have so many fun experiences with him that we would love to find his friends in other parks!

Our time at the Animal Kingdom has drawn to a close.
But we have one more detail shot before we go.
Next time you wander the paths, look down and you’ll see lots of things from pawprints to sticks to to paved cracks to even leaves…
Disney2011DayThree288.jpg

It’s a great detail.
And there's tons throughout Animal Kingdom.
Just remember to keep your eyes peeled!

Anyway, before we left, we of course visited our khaki-clad fellow adventurers.
You know – the ones with the cameras!
Disney2011Photopass356.jpg

Disney2011Photopass382.jpg

Disney2011Photopass385.jpg

Disney2011Photopass388.jpg

And then we headed to the buses.
But before we go, how about some photos of Mickey and the gang in front of the Tree of Life?
Here are some more “bonus” shots from Photopass.
Enjoy!
Disney2011Photopass354.jpg

Disney2011Photopass365.jpg

Disney2011Photopass350.jpg

Disney2011Photopass367.jpg

Disney2011Photopass370.jpg

Disney2011Photopass371.jpg

You guys are the best at finding all the Photopass Photographers :thumbsup2

Cute pics and the bonus ones are fun too :)

Our adventure in Animal Kingdom had ended but we still had plans for the evening.
We headed out with the crowds at park closing towards the bus platforms.
But we didn’t head towards the one marked Pop Century.
Instead, we opted to continue our animal adventure and visit the Animal Kingdom Lodge!

We boarded the bus and the kids were a bit wiped as you can see here.
Disney2011DayThree289.jpg

But they would soon wake as we had grand plans for both them and us!
Disney2011DayThree295.jpg

The lobby is extraordinary and makes you feel like you literally just stepped into an African Lodge.
From the chandeliers to the huge windows overlooking the savannah, the sites are breathtaking…
Disney2011DayThree296.jpg

Disney2011DayThree297.jpg

And, of course, Disney did not leave out the details…
Disney2011DayThree298.jpg

Disney2011DayThree299.jpg

Disney2011DayThree300.jpg

Disney2011DayThree301.jpg

Disney2011DayThree302.jpg

Disney2011DayThree340.jpg

Disney2011DayThree341.jpg

I’m not sure where this series of pictures came from.
I’m pretty sure J took them.
Hey J – you remember where you found them?
Disney2011DayThree290.jpg

Disney2011DayThree291.jpg

Disney2011DayThree292.jpg

Disney2011DayThree293.jpg

Disney2011DayThree294.jpg

We wandered the lobby and showed it off to J (we actually had seen it on a previous trip of resort hopping).
Then we split up for the big experiment.
We sent J down to change and then check in for our ADR’s – we were very excited to have our first experience at JIKO!
Mom and I changed the kids and then took them to their first experience at a Disney Kids Club!
They were unsure of what was ahead as we walked up to Simba’s Clubhouse.
Disney2011DayThree304.jpg

Disney2011DayThree305.jpg

But there were willing to give it a try.
The CM’s there would not let adults go inside and explore so we filled out little cards for each child with their dinner choices and got ready to leave.
DS ordered mac and cheese, DD went with a cheeseburger, and X ordered chicken nuggets.
I parked the stroller in a corner and then dragged Mom away from her little babies.
We headed back to the Main Lobby and detoured to the restrooms to change.
J was waiting at the check-in desk with a buzzing pager and it was finally time for the adults to have some non-kid time.
AAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh….

Lovely pictures around the AKL. That lobby has so much to see and take in!

I can't wait to hear how the big kids liked Jiko and if the younger ones enjoyed the Clubhouse. :)

Well, I see I missed more photopass pictures of the most photogenic family on the DIS boards. Nice pics!

What a great idea - taking the kids to Club Simba while taking the adults to Club Jiko! :laughing: I ate there in May and it was fabulous. I hope you guys loved it as much as I did. :goodvibes

I love AKL. I think its such an awesome resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter