• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First week of October...who else is going??

for ALL of you who have gone this week before (I am guessing the ones that have fall break)
Do you find it crowded?

The reason I ask is that one year we went the following week 10th - 17th (Columbus Day) and the parks were crazy!! The waits were almost like summer time waits.

I mean, in the end, doesn't matter how long the waits are... I would rather be waiting in line in WDW than sitting in work in Massachusetts any day (I was just curious).

:goodvibes and to MESMommy83 thanks for letting me join your group!!! wait.... what group???? lol :goodvibes

We will be at POP Sept 25 thru Oct 2nd. We are celebrating my DH 36th b-day. My twins will be 2 1/2 and baby 9months. I'm also waiting for the airfare to drop. I would really hate to drive from VA with 3 kids:scared1:.
Im so excited about this trip:cool1::cool1:

for ALL of you who have gone this week before (I am guessing the ones that have fall break)
Do you find it crowded?

The reason I ask is that one year we went the following week 10th - 17th (Columbus Day) and the parks were crazy!! The waits were almost like summer time waits.

I mean, in the end, doesn't matter how long the waits are... I would rather be waiting in line in WDW than sitting in work in Massachusetts any day (I was just curious).

:goodvibes and to MESMommy83 thanks for letting me join your group!!! wait.... what group???? lol :goodvibes

you're so funny... group? kentucky group? get out! no way! It's too funny that this kinda turned into a mini-Kentucky group.. but certainly not intended to be! :)

I started a post a couple weeks ago asking about how the crowds would be around this week.. and people said this week should be fine, but that the following week with Columbus day/weekend/week would get busier (like you said about your previousl trip)...so I think our week should OK and less of a crowd... but with Fall breaks, then again, who knows?? haha... There's also the Food & Wine Festival..so maybe a larger crowd will be geared toward Epcot?? I dont know....

My fiance and I will be there 9/29 - 10/14 staying at the Poly and celebrating my 25th birthday. The wait is killing us lol.

Also...saw someone from South Carolina...I went to USC!! (and hubby went to the Citadel) :)

Grew up in S. Carolina, but had the good sense to go to UGA! LOL!

We're going Oct. 2-9 and have been that week for the last two years for DD's fall break. For those asking about the crowds, they aren't too bad. Epcot is a zoo on the weekends for the F&W festival. Crowds are much more reasonable there during the week. We found very few rides that ever had more than a 20 minute standby wait.

Someone just asked the same question over on the DVC boards...I will be there October 8-12th....

Well, we are not from Kentucky, but Tennessee. We have fall break Oct. 2nd -16th. We will be at CBR Oct. 1st. Can't get here soon enough.

3 of us "girls" from Indiana will be there Oct. 2-9 for the National Academic Advising Association National Conference at Coronado. As this will be my 3rd of 4 trips to WDW/DCL this year, we are staying off-site - for the first time in 7 years! :scared1: I'm already feeling guilt & full of withdrawal!

Gayle

Well, we are not from Kentucky, but Tennessee. We have fall break Oct. 2nd -16th. We will be at CBR Oct. 1st. Can't get here soon enough.

Awesome!!! cant wait!!!! I know when I was in grade school/high school/what have you, we never had a "Fall Break" and I graduated back in 2002 from high school... I wish we did!

3 of us "girls" from Indiana will be there Oct. 2-9 for the National Academic Advising Association National Conference at Coronado. As this will be my 3rd of 4 trips to WDW/DCL this year, we are staying off-site - for the first time in 7 years! :scared1: I'm already feeling guilt & full of withdrawal!

Gayle

wow! thats a long name!!! haha... so will you get a lot of WDW playtime at this conference?? haha

Dh, myself , DD and DD's friend will be going Oct 5 -12. Staying at the POP this time.

This is DD's graduation gift.... Epcots Food and Wine Festival : 0 ) and a friend to tag along. DD is such a sweet loving girl that loves to try new foods.She has had to work hard for every grade she passed so we're definitely glad to be able to take her. DD's friend was an invaluable help with homework these past couple of years so we're thrilled to be able to take her as well.

i know off topic but their graduation is this friday!!!

Grew up in S. Carolina, but had the good sense to go to UGA! LOL!

We're going Oct. 2-9 and have been that week for the last two years for DD's fall break. For those asking about the crowds, they aren't too bad. Epcot is a zoo on the weekends for the F&W festival. Crowds are much more reasonable there during the week. We found very few rides that ever had more than a 20 minute standby wait.

LM !!! Can't WAIT for our trip !!!!! Super exctied !!! :cheer2:

Dh, myself , DD and DD's friend will be going Oct 5 -12. Staying at the POP this time.

This is DD's graduation gift.... Epcots Food and Wine Festival : 0 ) and a friend to tag along. DD is such a sweet loving girl that loves to try new foods.She has had to work hard for every grade she passed so we're definitely glad to be able to take her. DD's friend was an invaluable help with homework these past couple of years so we're thrilled to be able to take her as well.

i know off topic but their graduation is this friday!!!

Congrats to your daughter and her friend!!!!!I hope you all have a wonderful time!!!!!!:yay:

We will be there from Oct. 2-10th!!:banana: we stay offsite every year...we love our timeshare resort!!! We go in March every year but this year we changed to October!! We can't wait!!

We will be there from Oct. 2-10th!!:banana: we stay offsite every year...we love our timeshare resort!!! We go in March every year but this year we changed to October!! We can't wait!!

We are staying at a Timeshare resort!!! one of the Marriotts!

I hope it all works out!!!! I am sure it will... hopefully your parents are going WITH the understanding the 1) its WDW and there are going to be TONS of people..not as many as the summer, Im sure..but still PEOPLE will be everyone and 2) its FLORIDA..haha.. hang in there and just stay positive..

this is a big trip for us, too...with my inlaws and my hubby's 2 bros and one's wife...as well as our little girl... so definitely a lot of us and different ages to try and please..which also makes me nervous.... I like making sure everyone is happy..and with there only being one little person (my daughter) and the rest older (16yrs and adults)...Im hoping everyone is happy with the things we do ...ahhh!!!!!

Thanks!!!! I'm sure our trip will be fabulous, like our 2 previous WDW trips have been. It's just that little voice in the back of my head, i know it sounds like a commercial, keeps telling me to brace for the worst. It doesn't help when I've seen other tr's where people went with family and the trip turned out to be less than magical. We can always send him back to the room with the kids for a nap if need be. :rotfl:

Just for the record, we're not from kentucky either but NC.

Disney Fab 4:
When we went in 2008 the crowds were not bad untill the Thursday prior. I think average wait time was around 25-40 minutes, not including TSM and Soarin. I remember my DW looking at me and saying we are never coming back in the summer again. However Thursday came and the crowds began to get bigger. The Saturday before (Columbus Day) we had planned on going to DHS for a half day but the crowds were unbelievably like summer. Tried to ride TSM one last time, think the standby was already 90 minutes and FP return was 5-6pm, 30 minutes after the park opened. We went to MK did some shopping at the Emporium and hit a few rides and left. It was truly surprising how the crowds built as the weekend approached. Obviously it wasn't so bad to keep us from going back this year. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter