First week of May crowd levels...Im confused

EarthSong

Earning My Ears
Im confused I remember seeing on a site that the first week of May crowds are generally low however im looking at Dis and the who's going when threads and i see a huge amount of ppl going in May particularly the first week...so what gives :confused3 I wanted to go when the crowds are low

The crowds will be moderate, not low. There aren't many low times left at WDW with all of the promotions. However, May will be significantly less crowded than summer, Easter, Christmas.

And yes, I'll be there the first week of May too. It'll be our 4th May visit.

The crowds will be moderate, not low. There aren't many low times left at WDW with all of the promotions. However, May will be significantly less crowded than summer, Easter, Christmas.

And yes, I'll be there the first week of May too. It'll be our 4th May visit.

OMG were going to be arriving there the same exact day :rotfl: ...What's moderate?Like how long do you think the ride waits will be for the more bigger attractions ....? I really wish there was a low crowd empty park week i'd be there in a heartbeat

I too am going the first week in May, however I also went the first week of January. At that time I thought there were TONS of people on the dis boards going at the same time as me, and that it would be WAY more crowded than I was hoping for. It wasn't. I think any week on the dis boards attracts lots of people because MOST folks on the dis boards are planning a trip within the next year or so. I am hoping for moderate crowd level, comparable to mid September or so. If it is more crowded than so be it we will be having fun in Disney with more folks! :rotfl:

OMG were going to be arriving there the same exact day :rotfl: ...What's moderate?Like how long do you think the ride waits will be for the more bigger attractions ....? I really wish there was a low crowd empty park week i'd be there in a heartbeat

I would say the 5th of January - the 11th were very very uncrowded.

Yet cold with ride closures, and the crane went up on the castle overnight on the 10th.

Still we walked on EE three times in 30 minutes

We've done 10 January trips and May is definitely more crowded than January, but still not bad. Yes, May crowds have been a little more than the September and early Dec crowds we have experienced. Unless weather is awful, rides will not be walk on. The major attractions will have wait times of 30-60 min in the afternoons; the lesser rides will be much shorter.

And keep in mind that just because people on disboards know a good time to go doesn't mean that the general population knows!:thumbsup2

According to touringplans.com, the crowd levels are supposed to be pretty much the same as when we went in Sept. for free dining, and I thought that was pretty easy to manage, especially getting there early and taking advantage of FPs. The longest I had to wait was just for one Philharmagic show to end so we could walk into our showing. Everything else was either walk on or 10 minutes max.

I have been to WDW the first week of May and would describe the crowds as moderate.

Yep, we go this time every year and the crowd level is moderate and gets heavy on the weekends. Lots of kids doing end of school trips, some conferences, and people visiting EPCOT for flower and garden and free concerts. We'll be there 2 weeks and the family joins us on week 2. If you want a quieter time, we were there the last week of January and found the crowd level low during the week. A great time, especially if you don't want to go swimming and want to save money on sunscreen. We even ate dinner one night at Beaches and Cream and we were the only ones there! Now that is slow (of course the weekends pick up). I hear there are some slower times in September during hurrican season too. :)

I think May is a good time for DISers...I'm going in May - May 7-14, and hoping for low crowds. I went last week in Sept, and it was good, so we'll see how May is!

We went the first week of May last year, and we're going this year too. The crowds are not bad at all. We like going at this time of the year because it's not as crowded as the summer, but we still get warm weather and can swim every day.

were taking our first trip may 17th-23d, i am hoping for low crowds, i am thinking i may get lucky since its at the end of the flower show and in between the memoridal day week crowds.

We love the first week of May. The weather is very nice (80's), we have had no rain the last two years, and crowds are very manageable. We never waited in a line longer than 20 mins (MAX!) We made use of FP and Touringplans best park schedule. We would go back to the resort mid afternoon and go back to the park in the evening for even more fun.

Having done it the last two years (last year alone with 2 6 year olds!) I would never discourage someone from going at the beginning of May!

Have a great trip!:wizard:

We went the first week in May 2008. The crowds were definitely on the moderate side (not low like our recent trip Feb 4-10).

Watch out for the love bugs!!! (Ok, they really weren't bad, but they are still around nonetheless!!!)

I've been in May more than once and have never been disappointed. The crowds are usually light compared to other times I've been. The crowds hit their peak in the middle of the day but are not unbearable. The crowds are really light early and late in the day.

Count us in I think we arrive on the 4th an leave on the 14th or 15th...we are staying off site but will be the couple on the big black ultra classic harley....big dresser hard side saddlebags an big trunk up on back of harley.

It's been a few yrs sine we went in May but seemed like early to mid May was a good time to go

Going the first week in May as well :banana: The last couple of trips have been at the holidays :eek:

In comparison, we will be in heaven ;) I do know that I just switched around some ADRs and lots of availability still there for that week. I'm sure it will be great.

We did do the GAD in order to get three days of fastpasses just in case.

Mom and I are going in May too....6th thru the 14th. Last time I went it was late June. Hoping it's a lil cooler and less crowded earlier in May.

I have been trying to get into Ohana for any day from May 3rd - May 11th and I cannot get in! :sad1: I'll keep trying, though. Last year we couldn't get anything before we got there. I called the day we wanted to go, and was able to get in for dinner that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter