First week of June

thebigtrip

Mouseketeer
Has any family been to WDW the first week of June. I know that this is Gay Days, and I don't want my children to be exposed to that lifestyle. Is there any way to go to WDW during that week and avoid the majority of the celebration of that lifestyle? Also how are the crowds in June compared to August? Thanks!!

I've been during that time twice before (without our DS's because it was an Anniversary trip). As long as you check the websites for which park the large groups will be at that day and avoid that park, and you don't go to Pleasure Island at night, I don't think your children will notice anything at all. We avoided the designated gay days park just like we would avoid any park that was expecting larger than usual crowds.

I'd say crowds in early June are less than August (unless you're talking late August after many schools have started).

We were there this year and just avoided the parks on the scheduled days. You can find the schedule at gaydays.com. I avoided because of the crowds but we still did run into gay couples anyway. None of them were acting inappropriately and met more families than singles. We did see a heterosexual teenage couple dry humping near Splash Mountain though soooo....

The weather wasn't TOO bad and the crowds weren't either. We had a good time and would go again.

We have been three times during this week. The first time (before DIS) we didn't know about GayDays. This is my favorite time to go for a couple reasons...
1. Not HUGE crowds because gay days scares alot of people into avoiding this week.
2. Weather is usually perfect.
3. Some schools haven't let out yet.

We just avoid certain parks, but have never seen anything too innappropriate for WDW.

We went this past June and even ended up in the Magic Kingdom on Gay Day. Well we saw nothing really out of the ordinary except people in red shirts. My 9 year old son never mentioned a thing. The only lifestyle we saw were people enjoying the park as much as we were. NOTHING to worry about. If you really have a problem with two men pushing a stroller around the park maybe August would be a better time for your family.

Thanks so much for your comments!! It sounds like we may try it!! I really appreciate all of your first hand advice!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter