First week of June

Jaylie

DIS Veteran
We decide to go to WDW for a few days from June 1 thru June 6. It was almost impossible to get a room! I'm not sure why this would be such a busy week. Is anything special going on? Also, we were wondering when Soarin' would reopen.

The first week of June is only a few weeks away. I think it is tough most of the year as resorts run close to capacity. Nothing special that I know of except that is the week of Memorial Day. Soarin opens June 17 there is a rumor the old movie might open memorial day weekend.

With more and more people booking 180 days out, booking only a few weeks away will leave you with very very slim pickings as far as rooms go. Spur of the moment trips are still possible, but it's getting harder and harder to do. It's not necessarily anything special going on (which there isn't), it's just how things are now.

Perhaps contributing to the room shortage: "The first week in June each year is when an annual festival known as Gay Days takes place in Orlando."

FWIW, I booked for the same period 65 days out, and it was slim pickings.

I booked Pop Century for May 31 through June 3 just a few days ago. I didn't have a problem, though I didn't look at any other resorts. Disney does have a Florida resident special going on, which may be part of the reason for the challenge.

I've taken a trip to Disney the first week of June the last few years. My daughter's summer break starts at the end of May so we head down the day after Memorial Day. It's a bit crowded, though not bad, particularly in the evening. We barely wait in line at the water parks. Give it another couple of weeks and it will be a mad house I'm sure.

Which week are you considering the first week of June? We are going June 4-10. The week before, I would think was busier because of Gay Days because of the Memorial Day holiday, and because a lot of schools let out right before Memorial Day for the summer. It also could be that only one night of the dates you are checking is sold out for any given resort, which would cause the whole stay to show as unavailable.

If you haven't already, check the Swan or Dolphin. We just added a day to our trip during that timeframe and found good availability there. We are going to do a split stay between that and Animal Kingdom Lodge. As a previous poster said, it could be that there is a particular day that is unavailable vs. the whole trip.

According to the website, these are the dates for Gay Days: May 31 - June 6, 2016
Yes but their WDW Days do not start until June 2nd, plus many of those guests stay off site due to hotel and other event promotions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter